Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
eXi7w0unD

Default guards

has any 1 removed the front guards? i rang tyrezone they want 100 to roll the rears and 80 for the fronts, but he said cus its an au they usually just unscrew and take out the plasic..

just wondering if any 1 has done it and could kindly give me some hints.
would i need to take the wheels off? i just want to do the front so it dont scrub when i get my car lowered again.

cheers

Old 27-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
JoesAu

i know some friends who have just trimmed down there plastic guards and it was fine no need to touch the quarter panels but everycar is different. What wheels you got?? tyre size? what you planning on going in terms of ride height?? When i got my 19's on they were worried it might scrub at the back half way up the wheel arch theres a piece of metal that sticks out where the bodykit meets the body.! get em to check that out as well.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just belted the crap outta my rear body-> bumper mount with a sledgehammer and removed the plastic that is at the back of hte rear wheel arch and am riding on SL kings with 245/35/R20 tyres (larger overall diameter than standard) and i dont scrub any more!!

on the front i have NEVER had an issue.. but im running a 225/30/20 tyre ..

au_fairlane_man is running 19" wheels with 235 or245 tyres and SSL with extra drop and he unrolled his front guard by hitting a bump while turning (into a driveway i think)..

good luck!!
Old 28-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
eXi7w0unD

i got 225/35/r20 20 inch rims, thanks for help.
Old 28-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
JoesAu

i dont see those wheels being an issue, but no disrespect 225 in 20's look so pathetic, say gdday to you local gutter especially if the rim is 8inch wide or above.
Old 28-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all REALLY comes down to offset and width..

and yes 225s do look crapola..
BUT did you know nankang has just released a 245 (not sure on 235) 30 profile tyre in the 20" size .. to allow us to run a NORMAL tyre with the correct load rating and EVERYTHING!!

i know aspley superior tyres does them.. as my mate just got them on his BA XR6T on 20s
cost $340ea
says they are a great tyre for the money! alot better than wanli tyres
Old 28-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #7
JoesAu

yeah i know that, probblly have drammas on an Au with 245-20's id think. But nothing you couldnt fix tap the guard here there u'd just get away with it.