Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Mirror Tinting in NSW

Anybody in NSW got Mirror tint on their car? Mine need redoing (one's got a scratch and its driving me nuts) and I'm thinking of using Mirror Tint on the sides. Just wanted to hear from anyone who has it and may be able to list a few pros and cons - its more the legal side Im unsure of?

Old 18-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Mirror tint in NSW is a no-no unfortunately.

It's one of those very noticeable defectable items too ... if a cop notices it when he/she is interested in your vehicle for other reasons ... they add it to their list of things to get you on unfortunately (that's coming from both my brother-in-laws who are in the force).

I'd stick with black ... and as dark as possible. So far I haven't been picked up for really dark tint on the ute (and I have had it on there for 3 years).

Being a ute ... you can have the rear window as dark as you like as it is a commercial vehicle ... side are still governed by by the 35% rule ... although mine's a fraction darker than that.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Mirror tint in NSW is a no-no unfortunately.

It's one of those very noticeable defectable items too ... if a cop notices it when he/she is interested in your vehicle for other reasons ... they add it to their list of things to get you on unfortunately (that's coming from both my brother-in-laws who are in the force).

I'd stick with black ... and as dark as possible. So far I haven't been picked up for really dark tint on the ute (and I have had it on there for 3 years).

Being a ute ... you can have the rear window as dark as you like as it is a commercial vehicle ... side are still governed by by the 35% rule ... although mine's a fraction darker than that.
Really? Bugger. I thought it might be but was hoping I was wrong.

My back window is so dark I cant see out of it - looks lik there isnt a back window :hihi:
Old 18-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Same here ... I have 5% on the rear ... people driving behind me at night with bright lights don't bother me at all ...

Mine I guess looks darker during the day as my ute is white ... but I have tried looking in through the side windows during the day and I can barely make out the sillhouette of the seats and interior.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

we just got that midnight express crap on my mums new focus

and unless we got a darker than legal tint (im not sure) its pretty darn dark and kinda has that mirrorish look to it. like on new highway patrol cars these days.
Old 18-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got metal tint which is very like mirror but wouldn't get it again as I find it inhibits gps slightly and possibly mobile as well.

Liquid Silver Pursuit250

Custom gear and diff ratios
ECU
Exhaust
Crow Comp. Valve springs
Adjust. Rollers
Cold air
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post