Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Question Drivers side foot well: carpet interferes with accel. pedal

Hi all,

Im interested to know if anyone has had any dramas with the carpet in the drivers side foot well interfering with the accelerator pedal. So much so that I struggle to get full throttle.

I realized tonight that the carpet (I use the term loosely) is getting in the way from less than half throttle onwards, its like its too small for the footwell and is stretched across too large an area. I can feel a hole in it, maybe where an xmas tree plug would go through and pull it away from the pedal?

Has anybody else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

Cheers, Rob.

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it does!!! I forgot about this problem until after I picked up my XR8! I must have done something to the carpet in my old AU, but for the life of me can't remember what!
I think it may entail cutting some of it away, or putting a nice slit down one side so it separates and stretches out. I might have a look at mine this weekend if i get time, and report back. It's bloody annoying!!
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Yeah I was thinking the same thing; Im going to have a good look at mine today, a well placed slit should spread it out.

Bloody annoying is spot on! Is it bad design, bad installation, or did they go cheap on the amount of (whatever it is that counts as carpet) goes in the car? lol
Old 15-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

2 AU's that I've owned needed a cut made in the carpet.
Old 15-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I ended up making a cut in the carpet in the 'corner' behind the accelerator pedal, it ended up being pretty big to get the carpet to sit the way i wanted. I then made a hole in the top corner of the carpet that sits on the kicker panel and cable tied it to a (bundle of wires i think) to get to sit as flat as possible. Until i had a really good look i dudnt realize how much the carpet got in the way. Feels much better now, like a new lease of life!
Old 15-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've never noticed mine getting in the way...seems to get to full throttle fine...maybe it was more cost cutting in series 2 models? lol
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post