Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
neb
hibernating

Default Fluid for LSD Diffs

Just wondering what fluid to use for e-series lsd diffs? The 'bible' i have at home specifies what fluid to use but it doesn't say if its any different for lsd diffs which I thought it was?
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #2
MAD
Petro-sexual

You just have to use LSD oil. It will be marked on the bottle clearly.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

I think (coz I can't be bothered going into the garage and looking) that you may be after Castrol LSX 90, but as was said, anything with LSD marked on the bottle.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
neb
hibernating

Cool thanks for that! Just wanted to make sure I didn't get the wrong one.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #5
XFLOW6

i have an EL XR LSD in my XF and i asked ford and also other e-series owners what they recommended and they all said Castrol LSX90. thats all i've been using since i put it in and no problems so far...quiet as a mouse.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #6
FordFan86
meow

I'll go check my owners manual.... brb.... bah, mines only got the fordspec in it, just make sure it has EP (extreme pressure) on it.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Don't put the additive in, well that's my recommendation anyway. Just go straight limited slip oil.