Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Unhappy Beware (another phone rant)

Got the new look Telstra bill yesterday, nothing itemised : just the total for the house and mobile. being a little higher than normal (Mobile is capped and house has a plan as such) Good lady logs on to the web site to view the full account but carn't gain axcess. so make the great 20 min in the que phone call for some answers... Got a real nice bloke explaing they have a FEW glitches with the new system :togo: well another 20 min. later he discovers that I have baled on my mobile account early and have been hit with $40+ early account closing fees . how I did this when I use it every day for work remains a mystery and as the the look bill is not itemised it also does not show up as a charge on the bill, it's just grouped with the calls.(mm $40 for every mobile user will keep there profits up in these hard times) ,so after 30 min we have it all sorted but if we didnt check we would never have known, So people if your with Telstra keep a close eye on your charges..
oh yeah you can have the old biller system back but you have to ring and ask for it ( sorry trees but at least with 5 pages I can see what and ware I spent it : ) regards Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
aye you
The Origional, The Best

yeah, but you will eventually be moved to the new billing system, i know, i was a trainer in charge of rolling out the new system. Whoosha did they figure out how your plan got "cancelled"?
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always wanted to know why it was like this, the company I work for doesn't send statements out unless they spend on their card. So they won't know if they've got charged interest/fees.

Our bills should be in soon I think, wonder what they look like.
Old 18-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Wont go near Telstra with a 10 foot pole
Old 18-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
aye you
The Origional, The Best

its part of going green, you can still get a full statement, but you need to request it. there would have been notification on the bottem of your bills for the last few months, but honestly, who reads them.

Whoosha, sorry mate, didn't read your post correctly

Old 18-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Wont go near Telstra with a 10 foot pole
I'm with you, but mines a 15 footer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye you
its part of going green,
Well that might be the public statement but what they mean is that they dont have to spend so much on paper bills!
Old 18-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

You must have struck a bad day Whoosha. I just went online to change it back to the old paper type with no problems.........

except the rather confusing statement on the last page....

(from Telstra's site)

Change to Detailed Paper Bill

Thank you

Your request has been submitted and your bill format option will be changed.

Please note that if we are unable to process your request by your next bill date, you may receive it in the Paper Bill Format.
Old 18-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #8
aye you
The Origional, The Best

hahaha should say summarised format

Old 18-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Don't get me started on Hellstra, I spent 25 minutes on the phone yesterday absolutely abusing the crap out of some indian because they send me an overdue notice on a charge I don't have to pay. They keep telling me I won't have to pay it, and that my account has been credited the amount I don't have to pay, but because its still overdue I have to pay the amount that I don't really have to pay and that they will pay me back later for it. The are a total, friggen clown company.

Why would you have to pay something that they tell you you don't have to pay, but you actually really have to because its overdue. Logic doesn't exist in Hellstra speak.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #10
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

ROFL... Tell them to give you the credit first, THEN you'll pay it.

Lets see the Indian computers work that out
Old 19-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #11
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Well that might be the public statement but what they mean is that they dont have to spend so much on paper bills!
Try 3, they actually charge $2 per bill for a snail mail bill!

Lucky I now have a mobile through work so they can deal with all the Telstra crap.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

you all go on about Telstra and how crap they are, atleast you can get phone service with Telstra in the country, not like 3 or Optus which seem to drop out even in major city areas.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #13
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
you all go on about Telstra and how crap they are, atleast you can get phone service with Telstra in the country, not like 3 or Optus which seem to drop out even in major city areas.
Only some parts of the country
Old 19-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #14
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
The only reason I stay, but makes you wonder wether all the BS that comes with it is worth it.
Old 19-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #15
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did battle with them Friday on two occasions. I normally pay $49 for my capped plan each month, however received an $82 bill this month. I recall receiving a call to extend my plan 6 weeks ago, however in doing this 2 months prior to the contract expiring, I incurred a $30 cancellation fee. Luckily I got a decent operator on the other end, who said has issued a refund on this months oversight, and also on the bill to follow, but all the same, it shouldn't have occurred in the first place. Will have to see how next month pans out....

Second battle in the same day: My girlfriend also received her mobile bill of $162... Normally she pays her phone repayment of $40 plus the $49 cap. But also made $50 in international calls (apparently not covered by cap. Fair enough).... So that tallys $149. Righto, so the battle continued, and they offered a $42 credit, so the bill is now $120. Still doesn't add up, right? Now get this, the bill, is now stated as overdue and to pay immediately. Me thinks monkeys are operating this company.

Was talking to one of the contractors at the shop doing a refit, they said they had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago, albeit a slightly higer discrepancy of $1500 or thereabouts. They queried and their account was credited $2500.... They kept the recipts and documentation but to date it hasn't been followed up, so perhaps a bonus? I wonder how many times these stooges have sent out ambiguous statements and the "trusting" public haven't batted an eyelid, just paid up. I'd dare to say that most of the population has paid a tel-co more than what they needed to at least once. I'd suggest check all bills very carefully, and query all discrepancies. They seem more than happy in most instances credit the difference in "next month's" bill....
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 02:24 AM   #16
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
I've been with Optus for about 3 years and have never had a dropout, and that includes city living and country travelling... Obviously there are parts of Aus where you only get reception with the whole "NextG" thing, but I can't fault Optus as a service provider. Hell, the guy I spoke to in one of the shops even managed to get head office to cancel $600 of outstanding contract payments so I could cancel my contract early and get a new phone for free!!
Optus FTW!!

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #17
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Telstra pre paid is awesome as.
Cant go wrong with 1cent texts to all your mates.

But the plans on the other hand....
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCO XP
I did battle with them Friday on two occasions. I normally pay $49 for my capped plan each month, however received an $82 bill this month. I recall receiving a call to extend my plan 6 weeks ago, however in doing this 2 months prior to the contract expiring, I incurred a $30 cancellation fee. Luckily I got a decent operator on the other end, who said has issued a refund on this months oversight, and also on the bill to follow, but all the same, it shouldn't have occurred in the first place. Will have to see how next month pans out....

Second battle in the same day: My girlfriend also received her mobile bill of $162... Normally she pays her phone repayment of $40 plus the $49 cap. But also made $50 in international calls (apparently not covered by cap. Fair enough).... So that tallys $149. Righto, so the battle continued, and they offered a $42 credit, so the bill is now $120. Still doesn't add up, right? Now get this, the bill, is now stated as overdue and to pay immediately. Me thinks monkeys are operating this company.

Was talking to one of the contractors at the shop doing a refit, they said they had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago, albeit a slightly higer discrepancy of $1500 or thereabouts. They queried and their account was credited $2500.... They kept the recipts and documentation but to date it hasn't been followed up, so perhaps a bonus? I wonder how many times these stooges have sent out ambiguous statements and the "trusting" public haven't batted an eyelid, just paid up. I'd dare to say that most of the population has paid a tel-co more than what they needed to at least once. I'd suggest check all bills very carefully, and query all discrepancies. They seem more than happy in most instances credit the difference in "next month's" bill....
Sounds similar to my story, but I guarantee your next bill will include the charges they say won't be on it, they do it constantly. I've had them say the charges won't be on the next bill 3 times and every time it has been. They are the most useless company on the planet.

I also told them I had just paid $101 dollars on my last bill which I had to pay, and they were telling me I only had to pay $70, so I don't know how they figure that out. Just beyond belief. :
Old 19-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #19
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny you should mention that i got a mobile bill for $400 my usual bill is around $70 so i rang them up . Same thing oh computer glinch its was actully $55. Good service there from there workers but it so good damn hard to get the rght department and the wait well you all know.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #20
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

the only way i will ever have an account with telstra again is if they are the only phone company left to use , and then i will have to think long and hard to decide if i really need a phone that bad.

telstra = australia`s worst company .
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #21
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its gone downhill fast since the Telecom days.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #22
PoMmYwOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
Try 3, they actually charge $2 per bill for a snail mail bill!

Lucky I now have a mobile through work so they can deal with all the Telstra crap.
I'm with three and they email me the bill every month now rather than snail mail. Its a full complete bill like you would recieve in the mail with a full breakdown. I think its good like that as i can print out a hard copy and keep a soft copy in my email. At least my bill cant go missing in the mail as it did a few times in the past.

Three's coverage is also really good i have found (been with them for 2yrs). I always had problems with telstra but three i can pretty much make a call everywhere. Three uses their own network and also use telstra's when 3 network is not available.

06' Mazda SP23
5spd auto
Luxury pack
PoMmYwOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #23
Sapper
Back to the AU

This thread is a classic example as to why people just want their basic services done right....the first time. I would trade every extra feature on my phone and on my plan for the ability to make a call and know that it's going to have excellent reception wherever I go, never drop out and the phone never have fault.

This principle goes for more than just phone companies...
Old 23-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #24
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Funny you should mention that i got a mobile bill for $400 my usual bill is around $70 so i rang them up . Same thing oh computer glinch its was actully $55. Good service there from there workers but it so good damn hard to get the rght department and the wait well you all know.
So it seems like my parents weren't the only ones. My parents received a bill for over $500 a couple of days ago. This included about $100 of phone calls and $400 rental! WTF?

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #25
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

... breath ....

Are you serious ?????????????

What I have I would NOT call service. Im only about 400k's from Sydney ...... in all reality Im NOT that far away from the city. (80k's to the next major rural centre of Dubbo) I have to have a Next G phone & the phone I currently have is the best they can offer as far as getting service (so they say) I can guarentee that if someone tried to call me right at this second they would not get through as I have NO service on my phone. I am sitting in our local post office & the only way to get service is to walk outside & turn to the left and hope it works!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me steps down from my rant ....... so I can a bit more about the above quote
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #26
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

We're about an hour and half west from the city....no provider has reception at all in our house. You need to walk outside and over to the garage, face to the east and whistle dixie....maybe then your lucky.
Meg's GT's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #27
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
... breath ....

What I have I would NOT call service. Im only about 400k's from Sydney ...... in all reality Im NOT that far away from the city. (80k's to the next major rural centre of Dubbo) I have to have a Next G phone & the phone I currently have is the best they can offer as far as getting service (so they say) I can guarentee that if someone tried to call me right at this second they would not get through as I have NO service on my phone. I am sitting in our local post office & the only way to get service is to walk outside & turn to the left and hope it works!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me steps down from my rant ....... so I can a bit more about the above quote
ok, so let us know how well an Optus, 3, Vodaphone mobile works there as well.
Simple fact is Next G has better coverage than any other network. The government department I work for has migrated all mobiles to Optus, unfortunately though, even in our office in Sydney there is no coverage in the building whereas there was coverage with NextG. We've migrated so many services back to Telstra it isn't funny.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #28
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature

MN. When I read the post that this quote replies to you were the first person I thought of .
Old 25-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #29
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Well i'm on the Telstra GSM network still and NEVER have a problem with the coverage. the only time its not available is for about half an hour when i'm travelling between towns like from here to Port Hedland... and to be honest, i don't want coverage out there.
When i'm in town having beers with my mates, i constantly have to listen to them whinge about not having coverage around town on their 3 and Optus mobiles.

My Bigpond never drops out or runs slow. And the couple of times i have called them about bill enquiries, i never got placed in this mythical queue everyone talks about. i get ten seconds of hold music and then im onto an operator.

As for service in doors, depends on the building. i've got 50% reception in my control room at the moment but if i go outside i've got 100%. This building is designed to withstand extreme weather and 'other' possible cuases of damage so it has thick lined walls and ceiling, naturally you expect reception to decrease.

i'm just glad Optus didne win the Government contract for their proposed national wireless boradband network...what a joke. ~90% of the country on wireless broadband, an old , slow, dead technology. Imagine the countless cries of "my internet dropped out" everytime there's a change in the weather. Nothing faster or better than fibre.
Old 25-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #30
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with Optus on my mobile, on Friday everyone on Optus had no reception AT ALL in school when we'd usually have full, I think one of the towers that does our area was playing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post