Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Default Considering purchasing an AU1 XR8

G'day guys,

Recently I've sold my ED, and I was looking for a NF/NL v8 Fairlane, but looking over the markets, I have come to realise that an AU1 XR8 may be within reach.

IF i was to buy one, I would prefer a manual with decent k's and in good nick.

How much would I generally be looking at for such a car? And what should I look out for?
Up untill this point, I have only owned E-series falcons and fairlanes, so the Au would be a little different to what I am used to.

Would I be unrealistic to set a budget of around 10 - 11k for a good manual AU1 XR8?

Thanks guys

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
Would I be unrealistic to set a budget of around 10 - 11k for a good manual AU1 XR8?

Thanks guys
yes! however i've seen au xr8's with average km's and more average conditon, for around 10k, sometimes under, sometimes over. Secondly, don't you dare! Nah seriously there are a lot of bargains around for these cars. Manuals are more rare, and you'll almost definitely pay a premium for them over the 4 speed.

example 1
example 2

I'd budget about 14 for a GOOD example.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

i know that qwikcorty is selling his AU1 XR8, maybe send him a PM
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Well, I don't need a manual, but it would be nice...

This is the ad that sparked my intrest in the Au...

FORD FALCON XR8 1999 blue 5spd man sed, p/s, a/c, sunroof, p/w, full XR8 options, alloys, spoiler, 129,000kms, 12mths rego & RWCert, VGC, $9800

Sounds like a bargain to me, pending an extensive check of course...

Of course, I also wouldn't say no to an AU Ghia... V8 of course

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
Well, I don't need a manual, but it would be nice...

This is the ad that sparked my intrest in the Au...

FORD FALCON XR8 1999 blue 5spd man sed, p/s, a/c, sunroof, p/w, full XR8 options, alloys, spoiler, 129,000kms, 12mths rego & RWCert, VGC, $9800

Sounds like a bargain to me, pending an extensive check of course...

Of course, I also wouldn't say no to an AU Ghia... V8 of course
nothing wrong with v8 ghia's ;p
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post