Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
XTC 190
Subtle,sleek & Surprising

Talking Race Time

Morning all,
My loving wife bought me a voucher for 8 hotlaps driving the supercheap falcon( or a mockup) at Queensland raceway which I am doing this Saturday coming, getting excited, just wondering if anyone else has done this and what was the speeds and experience like.
I like going fast especially with no back seat drivers.

XTC 190 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
GTP-814
love the quad cams

let me know how you go as I am thinking about doing 5 laps at Eastern Creek. Like are the cars or the driver restricted in any way
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My girlfriend bought me 6 laps at eastern creek in the supercheap falcon for my 25th birthday. i was a little dissapointed to be honest. The car i drove was a stripped BA XR8 with roll cage and slicks, and better suspension, but the engine was stock with an exuast.

It went well, but nothing like a race car, down eastern creek straight could only get to 180km tops, maybe could have sqeezed a bit more from it, but there's a guy who sits beside you telling you what to do and when to change etc etc. (which sucks). They say the cars arnt speed limited, but im not so sure.But they handle very well and it is fun, lots of fun, just not as quick as i would have liked. Good luck with it
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

I bought my girlfriend 8 laps at QLD raceway for Xmas and she loved it.....looks like a lot of fun, a bit of advice...sit at the front of the room when they give you all a drivers breifing because the instructor then goes round and stamps everyones hand to say that you have sat for the briefing, this means that you will get stamped 1st so then you can quickly walk out of the room,kit up, and then get to the front of the line before everyone else to drive the car or you will be there all day like we were...hope this makes sense...have fun

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
notty1978
NOTTY

i have done it at sydney very quick to spend $300 the first 2 laps i was only allowed to do 160kms down the stright and 180kms for the last 3 laps
he keep turning the car off some how so i could not go too fast
and the video was no good it bounce around all the time
some how i think my own car had more go then the ones there
but it was a good experence
the only thing was you had to pay for damages to the car if you crash
that scared the sh t out of me
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 11:55 PM   #6
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

I use to work for Fujitsu and got to drive one of the V8's from the Konica Series, they aint bad, about 650 hp. We did 4 laps at Oran Park. The fastest we got down the straight was 260km. The best was doing a power slide around the corners. Also got to drive a mock up DJR BA XR8 from the V8 Series, it wasn't that hot, obviously not the same type of engine, but a DJR modified XR8 - exhaust,chip,suspension,brakes, my XR6T would eat it and spit it out all the way.
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
gtfpv
GT

i bought my wife 5 hot laps for xmas she loived it . the video didnt come out she only got 1/2 of it. but she loved it it is my turn next and will do it soon . i was talking to one of the instructors on the side of the track and they are stock xr8s and ss commadores but have exhausts slicks and suspension done up . i queried that they are made out to be v8 supercars . he said you couldn't put civilians in a 600hp car and expect no damage. but they look fast enough down the straight . about 200 220kms/hr down the straight the instructor reckons. he did say a road car like gt or hsv wouldnt be as fast due to slicks.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #8
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is on my definate must do list within the next few years :

wish I hadnt stumbled across this thread though, makes me want to do it this year, now..... e
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #9
Steve_T

My Dad got to do this recently with a mob in QLD (perk of the managers' conference he went to). They had some BA and AU looking Falcons - I dunno if the BA's were just AU's with BA body or not - they were done up to look like supercars, had roll cages and good brakes and suspension setup. What I found surprising was my Dad was talking with the blokes and he said they are actually running 351 Clevos in em'! Setup with injection etc. but yeah - apparently 'cause they can get enough grunt out of 'em, they're pretty cheap to get hold of second hand and do up, and they are strong enough to be running laps all day long at the hands of inexperienced drivers without failure and without too much in the way of service requirements - so it works out cheap and effective. Thought that was interesting.

Dunno what speeds he got etc. (he said the speedo was the last thing he was paying attention to ) but I know he absolutley loved it.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post