Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Default NSW - Sydney-Central Coast - rain and low visibility

Take this F3 camera link to see folks with headlights lights on, sometimes you'll see a rear fog in the southbound shot.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/trafficrep...3_kariong.html

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/trafficrep...f3_mooney.html

REM - from RTA's cameras - the view is much clearer than it is from a drivers perspective, for them right now - its pretty lousy visibility.

An F3 event today had a truck go through steel guardrail and over a 30 metre drop. Broken nose a result, truck a write off. Involves a car (unhurt).

ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 12-02-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Take this F3 camera link to see folks with headlights lights on, sometimes you'll see a rear fog in the southbound shot.
Headlights on is good. the ones that make me laugh are the ones with their parking lights on.

PARKING lights are for just that... Parking!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Take heed, i just saw a BA come to grief on the F3, chap hit some standing water and spun it off into an embankement on an onramp, car was drivable but plenty of damage.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Gasolane - Yup! Wait till winter AND the new national front fog use rule takes effect, then discussion shall start, yet again.

NB - The use of a vehicles park lights 'alone' - under hazardous weather conditions is a driving offence, nationally.

Fairlane
- Yup 2 - As we come out of the what - a 10 year drought - we'll see many more low visibility crashes and wet weather crashes once again owing too fast a speed, poor tyre tread and low inflation sometimes leading to multi-vehicle incidence and or crossover events, then calls to lower the speed limit and for speed cameras.

Cynical swine eh?
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 12-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

I saw some moron in a VK this morning, weaving in amongst traffic just before the start of the freeway south of waterfall, in some of the worst conditions ive driven in. Of course he lost it, slid across the road and into the grass divider. Lucky he didnt hit anything.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
I saw some moron in a VK this morning, weaving in amongst traffic just before the start of the freeway south of waterfall, in some of the worst conditions ive driven in. Of course he lost it, slid across the road and into the grass divider. Lucky he didnt hit anything.
He didn't cross the median then I take it?

Heavy fog at Bulli?

Can you please advise exactly word for word what the VMS signs were stating? REM the F6 is the ONLY VMS system in AUS with actual fog sensors.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Absoulutely amazed at the rain from Kurri all the way to Liverpool today. I haven't seen that amount of rain for a long time. The F3, M2 and M7 were very, very hazardous with all that water lying about.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Nah keepleft he didnt cross the median, wound up in the middle of the damn thing. I would have laughed if it wasnt so dangerous! The Fog wasnt *too* bad today mostly just really heavy rain. Not like one day last week when I couldnt see 2 cars in front because of the fog.

That thing actually has fog sensors? Cool! I thought somebody just looked out a window updated the sign : It said something like " warning, heavy fog ahead, drive with caution" with the orange lights flashing

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Gasolane - Yup! Wait till winter AND the new national front fog use rule takes effect, then discussion shall start, yet again.
What are these new laws?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #10
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
What are these new laws?
Sorry, missed this.

Updates to the existing ARR's, I expect mid to late 2007 for the latest tranche to be adopted by the jurisdictions.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Headlights on is good. the ones that make me laugh are the ones with their parking lights on.

PARKING lights are for just that... Parking!
Funny that .... that annoys me as well.
Parking/position is for parking ... and showing other vehicle where you are located on the side of the road at night.

I drive with low-beam on all of the time ... but that's just me

Also the above "current" live feeds show just how many people "Keep Left" on the F3 .... NONE.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #12
haycait

Bugger me!!

A chance to legally put on my fog lights and I missed it.

Cheers
Haycait
haycait is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #13
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What new national front fog light rule?
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #14
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_R
What new national front fog light rule?
The update is discussed in forum elsewhere.

Basically, existing Rule 217, rear fog lamps, is modified to also include front.

I expect state implementation mid to late 2007.

The change will effectively bring AUS in line with international practice on the matter.