Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
Brians

Default permit Rego

I am just about to retire, and I would like a car club to join so I can get club rego for two of my vehicles,
1977 F 100 and a 1989 Foretravel Grand Villa, Mobile Home next year,
What is a good club to join and not over priced,

Old 15-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: permit Rego

F truck should be fine for club rego,but the mobile home isn't old enuf yet
Has to be 30 years or more old for club rego
There are many restrictions with club rego,one is you cant drive when you want ,how you want
Some its a certain distance ,like 15 k radius or a club run or club associated event
Most who run up the Ks in their classic prefer the less restrictive full rego
Throw a location up,mite get a bit more assistance
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
efirestorer

As 302XC says , location is important. Obviously he is not in Victoria , as cut off date is 25 years old in Victoria and use does not have to be on any specific Club run. All States vary in Club Permit schemes.
Old 15-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians View Post
I am just about to retire, and I would like a car club to join so I can get club rego for two of my vehicles,1977 F 100 and a 1989 Foretravel Grand Villa, Mobile Home next year,
What is a good club to join and not over priced,
Sorry dude thats the wrong reasons for joining a club, if you just want a club for cheap rego harden up and pay full ticket

if you want to join a club for technical networking and the social aspects thats fine but for cheap rego move along

one club I'm a member of has now implemented that you need to be an ACTIVE member for 2 years before you have access to club rego the reason we have implemented this is to stop people wanting to joine just for rego, becasue we are tired of people seeing our club as nothing more than a rego discount scheme, theres alot of admin involved with club rego not to mention the risk to the club with idiots abusing the system, club rego is somthing we are happy to do for ACTIVE club members, not for bargan hunters

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 15-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Brians

Lilydale, Victoria, Position does help I see,
The RV is almost 25 years old, so next year it should be right to go,,

I am retired, and I have 4 vehicles regoed, and on the road,
The RV is currently being roadworthied for rego,
So that will make it five vehicles, Regoed,
I dont drive very much at all in any of the cars and RV, They just mainly sit there, As I dont need any for work, I did remove the rego off my 1977 F350, Work truck, So I am cutting them down,
All my riding is done on big Bikes,

The idea is to have the RV and a trailer on the back with car and bike on board the trailer, Park the RV and use the bike or car locally when I get where I am going,
So the RV wont be getting that many miles up on it any way,

I am not sure whether a hot rod club would let me join with a 1977 F100,

So any advice would be appreciated, Thanks,
Old 15-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Brians

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
Sorry dude thats the wrong reasons for joining a club, if you just want a club for cheap rego harden up and pay full ticket

if you want to join a club for technical networking and the social aspects thats fine but for cheap rego move along

one club I'm a member of has now implemented that you need to be an ACTIVE member for 2 years before you have access to club rego the reason we have implemented this is to stop people wanting to joine just for rego, becasue we are tired of people seeing our club as nothing more than a rego discount scheme, theres alot of admin involved with club rego not to mention the risk to the club with idiots abusing the system, club rego is somthing we are happy to do for ACTIVE club members, not for bargan hunters
I dont just want cheap rego, I want a local club where I can get and give info, Make friends, with people that have the same vehicles that I do,

My RV has more systems in it than you can poke a stick at,
Would help greatly, if I can find some one in a club locally that has a similiar Bus with similiar systems,
Old 15-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CMCA sounds like the one you are after for your motorhome, but no club rego!......plenty of good folks who give and receive travel knowledge in rec vehicles.

members in all states.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 15-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
CMCA sounds like the one you are after for your motorhome, but no club rego!......plenty of good folks who give and receive travel knowledge in rec vehicles.

members in all states.
or the Australian Caravan Club, they accept motor-homes as well
Old 15-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
TP351
Lurker

Quote:

Well said, Yeti! You wrote exactly what I was thinking......

Another thing to clarify is that it's a Club Permit Scheme, NOT Rego. It is merely a permit to drive an unregistered historical vehicle on the road. It was put in place as a benefit for Car Club members, not as a free-for-all for people who own cars over 25 years old. Our club has also changed the rules to ensure only active members access the scheme, but we put a minimum attendance limit per calendar year, rather than a qualifying period. Plus we charge an admin fee. This is so the average punter doesn't use us just as a cheap branch of VicRoads. I am quite blunt with prospective new members if that's their only motivation for joining, as I'm the one who administers it all. Having said that, the scheme has been good a driver to increase membership, it's kind of a balancing act. And if they don't participate, their permits don't get renewed.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had one on the weekend at a family function, one of my rellos sidels up to me and askes "your in a car club arnt you" he knows this already as we talk about cars quite abit as hes in to old GM stuff

But I humor him and say "Yea I'm actualy in 2"

his next line was "do either of them do rego"

I knew this is where he was heading

I said "yea both of them do but its a PITA, were always getting people who want to join just for Club Plates then you only see them when its renewal time to pay their club fees to keep the plates, you see them from time to time at runs and shows, but they wont acknolage other members"

Then I told him (as I mentioned in my first post) that "we have just implemented a system where new members cant access club permit plates until they have been an ACTIVE as in participate in the club by going on runs attending meetings etc on a regular basis for 2 years" (by that we are talking 8 times a year, and considering there are 12 monthly meetings an AGM plus atleast 12 club organised outings + its counted if you go on another clubs run with a group of our clubs members 8 times isnt difficult)

Old mate cracks the sads and starts on the "You car clubs want to keep the "Cheap Rego" all to your selfs"

I said yea thats why they are called "CLUB PLATES" if you dont want the "inconveniance" of being in a club pay for full rego

He then started on the "I'd still pay my club fees" line "so the club would still get their F'en money"

I tried to explain that the permit scheme isnt a fund raiser for the club, the club fee is just to be financial with in the club, it covers things like venue hire for meetings etc, its not about the club running at a profit

the then started on the "Well I want to drive my car when I want not just to when the club says were doing somthing its not fair that YOU CLUBS think you can dictate when we can drive our cars"

To which I smugly said "There is a scheme I think would be right up is ally, its really easy and you can drive your car when ever you want...... its call full registration and you can get it from any RMS outlet"

he mutted somthing about my mother and stormed off

I look forward to seeing him again at Christmas

OP if you want to join a club for all you can give to a club and the relationships, knowlege you can get our as well as the other social aspects of a club, thats fantasic and I'm sure you'll find the right club, tri a few some you wont clique with and others will fit like a glove just becasue its not a camper club doesnt mean it cant porvide club plates for your camper, the important thing is finding the right club for you and your family, the rego permit side of things is a small part of what you get out of being in a club

2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP351 View Post
Our club has also changed the rules to ensure only active members access the scheme, but we put a minimum attendance limit per calendar year, rather than a qualifying period. Plus we charge an admin fee. This is so the average punter doesn't use us just as a cheap branch of VicRoads. I am quite blunt with prospective new members if that's their only motivation for joining, as I'm the one who administers it all. Having said that, the scheme has been good a driver to increase membership, it's kind of a balancing act. And if they don't participate, their permits don't get renewed.
This is pretty much how our club works, BUT your car has to be registered before you join, they won't take people with unregistered cars. You have to pay an admin fee to get the renewal signed, you have to attend X amount of runs per year to qualify and they are mercenary with it, any blips and you are out and Vicroads notified of your departure from the club which means your permit is invalid so the car is unregistered if you drive it on the road
Old 15-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a car on club plates in NSW, & even though it can be seen as restrictive by being only allowed to use it on club events.
I don't find it restrictive as I love taking the car out with like minded people & if join the right club or clubs for you. You will find that there will be something on often enough for you to get plenty of use out of your car or cars.

I understand what a couple of you have said by having to meet a certain criteria in order to get the permit.
I have also met some people that complain about the criteria of one of my clubs to have to either attend the annual club show or at least three club events a year to qualify for club plates. If you aren't planning on participating in the club why would you want to join anyway unless they are bending the rules & using the car when they shouldn't.

I think that in Vic it is a little less restrictive though with them being allowed to use the car for 3 months or something for everyday use, & are also allowed to modify the vehicles beyond period modifications unlike NSW.
Old 15-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes that's a great way to reward long distance or associate type members who for whatever reason can't be as "active" as the club demands they be.
Thankfully there are quite a few new clubs now started by disgruntled former members of other clubs who don't have this "we'll decide if you are worthy enough" position.
The above attitude to "outsiders" is unfortunate and would definitely discourage a lot of potential members but then again,that's probably what your little club is all about anyway.
Street Machine did an article a few months back showing how easy it is to form a car club and it seems to have struck a chord with a lot of people.
Old 15-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do these new clubs and in particular the secretary understand the 'legal' implications by signing the permit forms, I really hope they do, coz it is their **** in the sling. And given time these clubs will get burnt I am confident
Old 15-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and that's the sort of thing that ruins it for everyone else.
Old 15-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #16
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Do these new clubs and in particular the secretary understand the 'legal' implications by signing the permit forms, I really hope they do, coz it is their **** in the sling. And given time these clubs will get burnt I am confident
Exactly what legal implications? The Historic rego scheme has been running for donkeys and I have not heard of any "legal" issues.

Any real examples of problems?

So if there haven't been any issues in the last 15 years how much longer before the clubs get burnt?
Old 15-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #17
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
Thankfully there are quite a few new clubs now started by disgruntled former members of other clubs who don't have this "we'll decide if you are worthy enough" position.
The above attitude to "outsiders" is unfortunate and would definitely discourage a lot of potential members but then again,that's probably what your little club is all about anyway.
Street Machine did an article a few months back showing how easy it is to form a car club and it seems to have struck a chord with a lot of people.
You are right but I have found that there will be an off shoot of a new club because of politics or what ever of the old club and within 12 months similar problems arise.

At the end of the day you get 50 car guys together and you end up with a few guys jostling for the top job because of ego, or profit or any other number of reasons and it ends up about people trying to control other people. Happens every time and all clubs are like that.
Some worse than others.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes that's a great way to reward long distance or associate type members who for whatever reason can't be as "active" as the club demands they be.
Morexbs - I'm with The Yeti on this one.

Having been heavily involved in a car club for many years, including several terms as club president, you have no idea how frustrating it is to have people constantly asking to join you club purely for discounted registration.

It usually goes something like this:

Ring ring - ring ring, "Hello"

"Yeah mate you're tied up with that xxxxxxx car club aren't ya?"

"Yes I am - How can I help you?"

"Yeah well do youse have that cheap rego?"

"By that do you mean concessional registration for special interest vehicles?"

"Aww I spose that's it - I wanna put me Torana on it."

"Our club actually caters for the owners of American cars or those with a particular interest in American cars."

Yeah well me Torana's got a 327 in it and I don't mind some of them yank tanks so I might join and change me rego over eh?"

"Mate just to let you know that we have a 12 month probation period where you need to actively participate in club events before you actually qualify for the concessional registration."

"Ahh ya can fu%#in' jam that up ya a$$ mate. Me Torana'd blow the doors off anything you blokes have got. Thanks for fu%#in' nuthin' eh."

*click* - beep beep beep.

And that's pretty typical!

Mate as for your quote:

"The above attitude to "outsiders" is unfortunate and would definitely discourage a lot of potential members but then again,that's probably what your little club is all about anyway."

Don't be to quick to knock the car clubs for taking a stand on this issue. If you think it's grossly unfair, why don't you start your own club and see how you go with it.

Cheers,

Russ
8 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #19
fords35to75
No plastic bumpers

Yeti, TP 351 and Ozpacman - you've got it right! I thought I was one of the few who thought this way.

I am also President of a long established club and we have tried to avoid having qualifying periods or attendance requirements becuase we have a lot of older members with health issues or others with job / family committments that prevent them from being active for a few years and then they are back into it. When a phone call starts with "looking for cheap registration" I usually tell them the purpose behind the club permit scheme and make a mistake with noting the address to send the membership info to.

Problem is that it is too easy to start your own club and we have had three or four pop up in our district over the past two years. Check out VicRoads website and see how many clubs are accredited under the Victorian CPS now! It is not a matter of us "deciding if you are good enough" but wanting to ensure new members are interested in joining the club for the reasons that the club was established and of which the CPS has been developed by VicRoads to cater for.

VicRoads are becoming more aware of the lost revenue that has resulted from the revised system and are starting to look for areas of abuse of the system and you can just about bet that they will find it with the newly accredited clubs, not the long established ones that pioneered the scheme through Federation or AOMC and had input into the revised scheme.

Look at the statistics - CH plates took around 25 years to have 10,000 vehicles go on. The next four or five years saw about 5,000 go onto H plates when CH had run out and in the two years since the CPS was revised around 20,000 cars have gone onto the system. That's about 18,000 more than would likely have gone on under the old system and at an average of say $550 difference between full rego and club permit (depending on where you live and whether you take a 45 or 90 day permit) that's somewhere around $10m a year revenue that Vicroads are missing out on! How long will the system be allowed to remain as is with those sort of numbers? If club's don't try to weed out the ones using them solely for discount on rego fees we will all soon lose the benefit of it.
'65 Galaxie Convertible (390)
'75 XB John Goss Special
5 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Quite agree on this as clubs must abide rules set down by their state regulations, if not the club is in the ****.

Hence the strict club policies.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #21
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nothing stoping you from joining the club, nothing at all, we have one member who fits in to this and well exceeds the minimum requirements for his SR permit,

All I can say is why would you want to be in a club if you don't want to participate in the club if it isn't to abuse the permit system, you can have any number of clubs listed on your permit and take your car to any of their events but no people like to cry discrimination which is generally just BS to cover up the fact they're just being a tight ****

There's nothing stoping any one from forming a club and gaining asses to the scheme, and if a disgruntled member wants to do that I personally wish them all the best in their endeavours, that way they can take care of all the admin and risk to the club that comes with the scheme and it's nolonger a burden on a club I'm a member of

Old 16-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #22
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Exactly what legal implications? The Historic rego scheme has been running for donkeys and I have not heard of any "legal" issues.

So if there haven't been any issues in the last 15 years how much longer before the clubs get burnt?
from the Vicroads website

Quote:
in the case of a club historic vehicle that is not a street rod, a current certificate of roadworthiness or a letter from a scrutineer authorised by the club, stating that the vehicle is safe for use on the road
so in effect the 'scrutineer' is signing off that the car is 'roadworthy' this comes with the same responsibility as the mechanic down the road who does roadworthies

I am currently trying to track down the application form that is required to be completed by clubs to enter onto the Vicroads register and I am certain there are some 'legal' requirement's on it as well
Old 16-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #23
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
from the Vicroads website

so in effect the 'scrutineer' is signing off that the car is 'roadworthy' this comes with the same responsibility as the mechanic down the road who does roadworthies

I am currently trying to track down the application form that is required to be completed by clubs to enter onto the Vicroads register and I am certain there are some 'legal' requirement's on it as well
One club I'm a member of has taken the desigion to ask all club plate holders to get an annual pink slip inspection to take the risk off the scrutineer a copy of this pink slip is kept in the clubs file along with the rest of the vehicles information.

I see above people saying theirs no risk, I and the clubs I'm a member of disagree, if these people have a problem with us they are more than welcome not "apply" to join our club, because quite frankly if your the type of "ethusiast" who doesn't want to be active in our club or provide the documents that give some form of comfort to our club scrutineer, you really arnt the type "enthusiast" that will fit in with our club. So I suggest you find another or form your own so you'll be happy

After all being in a club is supposed to be enjoyable if your not having a good time why belong to the club? If the answer is for plates it's the wrong reason so stick your hand in your pocket and pay full fair

Old 16-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #24
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You are right but I have found that there will be an off shoot of a new club because of politics or what ever of the old club and within 12 months similar problems arise.

At the end of the day you get 50 car guys together and you end up with a few guys jostling for the top job because of ego, or profit or any other number of reasons and it ends up about people trying to control other people. Happens every time and all clubs are like that.
Some worse than others
All Clubs? Really

I'd love to see the sample youve done this study over.

Ive been at AGM's where theres a **** fight becasue no one wants the top job,

ive attended lots of differnt clubs before I chose the clubs I wanted to be a member of,

to decide on a club it reall has less to do with its location and the type of car you drive and more about the people in the club and what you and them hope to get out of being in the club

Old 16-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #25
TP351
Lurker

Quote:

The Club Permit Scheme has dramatically changed since Feb 2011 (in Vic at least). Here is a link to the CPS section on the VicRoads website:
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...lubPermits.htm

The piece that refers to the obligation of the club is this:

Quote: "Clubs are required to sign an agreement with VicRoads that they meet certain obligations including that they notify VicRoads if they become aware or reasonably suspect a pattern of incorrect use of a logbook by a member. If this is not done, VicRoads will be able to revoke the club’s approval to be part of the scheme."

And.........

Quote: "in the case of a club historic vehicle that is not a street rod, a current certificate of roadworthiness or a letter from a scrutineer authorised by the club, stating that the vehicle is safe for use on the road"

In effect, the club scruteneer/Permit Officer must sign off that the car is safe to be driven on a public road (and that the applicant is a financial member of the said club). If that has not been backed up by a current Roadworthy Certificate, then it opens up a huge liability issue - which is not covered by current Club insurance policies. If the club scruteener signs off that a car is safe and it is involved in a fatality and found to be defective in any way, that scruteneer faces significant legal issues. And if he doesn't have his own liability insurance, he's up for the damages personally.

There are no "real" issues that I'm personally aware of, however I know of several clubs that sign off safety reports without even sighting cars or with only a basic "kick the tyres". So the potential for "real" issues is ever increasing, it's only a matter of time.........
Old 16-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
TP351
Lurker

Quote:
Ive been at AGM's where theres a **** fight becasue no one wants the top job,
Yep, our club is exactly the same. I've been the President for the last 6 years (and a 4 year stint before that), only because I can't find anybody willing to take over. Not sure who these "power broker" clubs are that everyone keeps refering to.........
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

It may be easy to start a car club but running it is another matter. We have been lucky so far but it is hard to fill committee positions. For the critics, try it for yourself and see how long your new club lasts.

I have fielded several calls from people who just want to use up the club for "cheap rego". These are people you will never see or hear from otherwise and add nothing to the club.

This is why a lot of clubs have this qualification (for want of a better term) period. This doesn't mean join up and wait out the period never being seen.

We are not an AOMC accredited club but have a very close association with a club who is and provide access for our members. Therefore we have a lot of "dual citizens" that access the club permit scheme (as opposed to "cheap rego"). Aside from the qualification period people need to provide a current RWC. For a club scrutineer to sign off a car instead they really put their *** in a sling and not many people I know would do that. I wouldn't!!

Look at Post 19 by fords35to75. That is food for thought. If VicRoads believe the scheme is being rorted they will step in and it will not be pleasant.

The example illustrated in Post 18 by ozpacman would certainly give them reason to believe so.

For the record I have elected to keep my coupe on full rego.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #28
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The above attitude to "outsiders" is unfortunate and would definitely discourage a lot of potential members but then again, that's probably what your little club is all about anyway.
Thank you, the clubs are small, and that suits us fine, we dont have a limit on nubers but we arnt activly seeking to grow the club.

Clubs typicaly arnt run as a business, they dont look towards growth, if people trun up and fit in well with the rest of the club they will be asked to join if they dont they wont.

its not about "outsiders" or any thing as dark as that, the clubs are set up as a group of like minded people, if you let any one in it soon turns to crap, if you only let those that fit in with the rest of the club in then it stands a better chance of lasting through the years.

this brings me to the nest part of your quote

Quote:
One of my clubs just celibrated its 30th anaversary the other has done 15 years

how many of these "easy to set up clubs will be around in 2043 or even 2028?

I didnt look for how long a club has been around when looking for a club and a long standing club isnt nessaseraly a sign of a good club, but lets face it if a club has been going for over 10 years it's been doing somthing right for its members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpacman View Post
Morexbs - I'm with The Yeti on this one.

Having been heavily involved in a car club for many years, including several terms as club president, you have no idea how frustrating it is to have people constantly asking to join you club purely for discounted registration.

It usually goes something like this:

Ring ring - ring ring, "Hello"

"Yeah mate you're tied up with that xxxxxxx car club aren't ya?"

"Yes I am - How can I help you?"

"Yeah well do youse have that cheap rego?"

"By that do you mean concessional registration for special interest vehicles?"

"Aww I spose that's it - I wanna put me Torana on it."

"Our club actually caters for the owners of American cars or those with a particular interest in American cars."

Yeah well me Torana's got a 327 in it and I don't mind some of them yank tanks so I might join and change me rego over eh?"

"Mate just to let you know that we have a 12 month probation period where you need to actively participate in club events before you actually qualify for the concessional registration."

"Ahh ya can fu%#in' jam that up ya a$$ mate. Me Torana'd blow the doors off anything you blokes have got. Thanks for fu%#in' nuthin' eh."

*click* - beep beep beep.

And that's pretty typical!

Russ
I'm with Russ on this, our clubs secratery and other members have a new dick head to talk about ever fortnight when we meet

the fun ones are the ones that open with

"I just got a rod off ebay thats only on SR plates, how do I go about transfering it in to my name"

You know automaticaly this guy isnt interested in your club, just being able to drive his new toy, so you explain as russ said how the permit system works and how the club wroks in regards to accessing the scheme. typicaly you are then called a name that rymes with hunt and told your just a greedy money hungery (that name again) and how his mate is in anther club thats much better than you bunch of (that word again) and how his mates club doesnt have any of the use restrictions you guys have (the ones that are set out by RMS)

So on the ones you havent hung up on already at this point, you sugest they perhaps join their mates club as they obviosly already know some one there and it would be better for them. then they ty to spin you some crap about how they want to help your club out by paying yor club the money, but since we're being such rymes with glass bowls they might find another club, thats when you wish them all the best with their persuits and tell them how you look forward to catching them at a run some time

Last edited by The Yeti; 16-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #29
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Some good info in this thread.

A group of mates and I recently started a club (Garage Inc, based out in Pitman's in Moordialloc) and you'd be fooled if you thought it was easy. This is a full-time gig that requires planning and lots of it.. It took us months to draft up a constitution that we were happy with plus all the too'ing and fro'ing with consumer affairs!

We do offer club reg and ask that those who did apply for it through us have an up to date RWC. It is only then that we will sign off on a club permit. People don't seem to understand that when a club signs off on a club permit they are taking on the responsibility that a qualified mechanic has in issuing a RWC.

As we have only been in existance less than a year, our real challenge is going to be member retention but we are confident that we will keep a solid member's base.
5 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #30
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU View Post
Some good info in this thread.

A group of mates and I recently started a club (Garage Inc, based out in Pitman's in Moordialloc) and you'd be fooled if you thought it was easy. This is a full-time gig that requires planning and lots of it.. It took us months to draft up a constitution that we were happy with plus all the too'ing and fro'ing with consumer affairs!

We do offer club reg and ask that those who did apply for it through us have an up to date RWC. It is only then that we will sign off on a club permit. People don't seem to understand that when a club signs off on a club permit they are taking on the responsibility that a qualified mechanic has in issuing a RWC.

As we have only been in existance less than a year, our real challenge is going to be member retention but we are confident that we will keep a solid member's base.

Exactly

you'll be fine with retention if your club doesnt loose site of the main reason you started it in the first place

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread