Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Who would like to see Raptor SC kits for the AU V8?
Sure would 26 92.86%
No Way! 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Default Raptor SC's for AU XR8's

Good day all,

Just curious about anybody who would like to see these blowers come to fruition for the AU V8 as a complete kit. share opinions and whatnot. IMO i feel they offer a lot of bang for your buck compared to others on offer, especially if youre after just a little power boost with minimal fuss.

On a side note, if anybody can tell me the max power load on a stock AU 4spd auto, that would be lovely.

Cheers.

SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't see why anyone would say they don't want them to be available on the market for the AU XR8's, some wouldn't care, maybe that should of been option 2 instead.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

I don't really think the raptor supercharger as fit to the 6's is really big enough to be worthwhile fitting. I'd rather see a positive displacement blower kit for them, one that aim's at around 420bhp therefore giving you max touque and yet not quite enough to be pushing the block to the limits.

Thoughts been crossing my mind of fitting an eaton to mine.

And yes i was the one person who voted No way. :
Old 07-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Well i felt adding don't care as an option wouldve been a moot point, the no way option was more of a way giving people the opportunity to say that there is something better in their opinion, such as what 5.0whiteaughia said. Or to expose it as being a poor choice for the au v8 in terms of bang/buck ratios.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

The more variations the better, it will keep the others on their toes.

Regarding the 4 speed, with a bit of work it will handle 700+ HP
Old 07-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Regarding the 4 speed, with a bit of work it will handle 700+ HP
Really? wow, thats higher than I thought. how would a stock one go? My applications will definitely not exceed 500hp. In fact, they wouldnt exceed 335rwkw, since this is apparently the limitation of a Windsor with stock internals.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

you mean fwkw's stock windsor block is only good for 450fwhp/335fwkw's, and a stock auto will handle it fine no probs with the correct shift pressures applied, wether its a shift kit S5 mod or done thru a flash tune etc.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
you mean fwkw's stock windsor block is only good for 450fwhp/335fwkw's, and a stock auto will handle it fine no probs with the correct shift pressures applied, wether its a shift kit S5 mod or done thru a flash tune etc.
Ah ok, cheers for that. i'm guessing torque figures are handled fine by the box too?
Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #9
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep anything your gonna get out of a stock late windsor block the auto will handle fine.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
yep anything your gonna get out of a stock late windsor block the auto will handle fine.
Beautiful, thanks mate. i know it's off thread topic, but i'd rather not post a whole new thread on this, but as far as au v8 mods are concerned, can we get a sticky on them in this section? just so people arent asking the same questions over and over again? (myself included lol)

Basically an organised "guide" if you will on subjects such as exhausts (plenty of repeats on this one), camshafts, F/I, diff gears, Rockers and so on. Not a "how to" guide, but rather explanations on what various setups can do. Camshafts and rocker ratios etc are by far the most confusing thing i've tried to educate myself on lol. i would love to be one of the ones who can help out on this, but unfortunately i'm the one needing help :(
Old 07-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #11
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHaveIgnition
Really? wow, thats higher than I thought. how would a stock one go? My applications will definitely not exceed 500hp. In fact, they wouldnt exceed 335rwkw, since this is apparently the limitation of a Windsor with stock internals.
Sorry should have said it wasn't a 5.0L

It was on a BA Typhoon built by Xtreme Ford tuning

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/flagship.htm
Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Sorry should have said it wasn't a 5.0L

It was on a BA Typhoon built by Xtreme Ford tuning

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/flagship.htm
Ah ok, thats cool lol
Old 07-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #13
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHaveIgnition
Beautiful, thanks mate. i know it's off thread topic, but i'd rather not post a whole new thread on this, but as far as au v8 mods are concerned, can we get a sticky on them in this section? just so people arent asking the same questions over and over again? (myself included lol)

Basically an organised "guide" if you will on subjects such as exhausts (plenty of repeats on this one), camshafts, F/I, diff gears, Rockers and so on. Not a "how to" guide, but rather explanations on what various setups can do. Camshafts and rocker ratios etc are by far the most confusing thing i've tried to educate myself on lol. i would love to be one of the ones who can help out on this, but unfortunately i'm the one needing help :(
I know alot of people dont like seeing repeat posts, but personally i dont mind them, they can somtimes keep threads alive.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WeHaveIgnition - you would need to ask a moderator to do sticky post on engine mods, but really your best bet is to see the Windsor section in the workshop. Which does have stickys of engine builds people have done and so on, get your ideas from others that have already done it and posted the gains the have gotten, is your best start.

As for repeat questions they will always be asked, there is just to many questions to answer all in one thread. Not to mention it would decrease activity and make things a lot less active around the forums, which i thnk the more activity the better.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
WeHaveIgnition - you would need to ask a moderator to do sticky post on engine mods, but really your best bet is to see the Windsor section in the workshop. Which does have stickys of engine builds people have done and so on, get your ideas from others that have already done it and posted the gains the have gotten, is your best start.

As for repeat questions they will always be asked, there is just to many questions to answer all in one thread. Not to mention it would decrease activity and make things a lot less active around the forums, which i thnk the more activity the better.

That's true mate. Sorry, not having a good run in suggesting things today. :
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Any idea on price for the S/C kit. as that way you (we) can compare it to other kits all ready available. Obviously it would only be a guestimate but all helps.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #17
b2tf
not here much anymore

I will never understand why there is such a lack of decent, well priced blower kits to suit windsors. It seems to me (and I think to a lot of other people) that CAPA have the market by the nuts and can therefore charge what they want. I dont want to have to go to the trouble of importing and I know it's cheaper to do it that way, but why is it so hard to find a blower kit for one of the most common V8's Ford have ever made?

These Raptor kits were first talked about over 12 months ago and still there is seemingly no progress, surely it cant be that hard. BOSS owners have it easy - there's literally 5 choices I can name off the top of my head that they can choose from and thats before you get into the nitty gritty of things like KB models etc. For a market that is sitting there waiting to be tapped into, it seems nobody is interested. If a decent bolt on kit on the right side of $6-8k had have been available 12 months ago I probably would have done that instead of the heads - and would probably still be keeping the XR8.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #18
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Too right b2tf, but this raptor appears far cheaper if the i6 kit is anything to go by. the i6 kit is only a shade over $5k, and the BASIC kit for an EL V8 is only $2700! This is at least 1000 bucks cheaper than anything capa has for the same boost. Go to www.raptorsc.com.au
Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #19
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

id say it is because the raptor supercharger is TINY in size compared to the vortechs etc that are available.. almost looks..inadequate in the I6 falcon and V6 commo engine bays
Old 08-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #20
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
id say it is because the raptor supercharger is TINY in size compared to the vortechs etc that are available.. almost looks..inadequate in the I6 falcon and V6 commo engine bays
Still, 8-10 pounds aint all that bad, not for me anyway. but i'm a small simple man lol
Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #21
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
For a market that is sitting there waiting to be tapped into, it seems nobody is interested. If a decent bolt on kit on the right side of $6-8k had have been available 12 months ago I probably would have done that instead of the heads - and would probably still be keeping the XR8.
well said.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:07 AM   #22
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah but the problem is raptor is just not big enough to suit, sure you may be able to push it to 10psi, but the temperature rise out of the supercharger goes with it, a larger more efficient supercharger would be a much better option and will provide for cooler more efficient supercharging. not to mention the harder you spin the supercharger the smaller the pulley you have on it, the smaller the pully the easier it is for belt slip.

many superchargers are rated at a max rpm, for eaton's as an example its 14,000rpm, but yet still you will find commo boy's pushing there M90's beyond this, but if instead they had opted for the larger M112 unit, it would in fact produce more power with less boost pressure from having a more efficient unit, running at its optimum efficientcy.

But yes i too would like to see more supercharger kits for the windsor, but i just but think the raptor is worthwhile someone developing one for.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #23
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah but the problem is raptor is just not big enough to suit, sure you may be able to push it to 10psi, but the temperature rise out of the supercharger goes with it, a larger more efficient supercharger would be a much better option and will provide for cooler more efficient supercharging. not to mention the harder you spin the supercharger the smaller the pulley you have on it, the smaller the pully the easier it is for belt slip.

many superchargers are rated at a max rpm, for eaton's as an example its 14,000rpm, but yet still you will find commo boy's pushing there M90's beyond this, but if instead they had opted for the larger M112 unit, it would in fact produce more power with less boost pressure from having a more efficient unit, running at its optimum efficientcy.

But yes i too would like to see more supercharger kits for the windsor, but i just but think the raptor is worthwhile someone developing one for.
Raptor now offer a watercooled headunit which would be able to spin faster with less heat issues then the air cooled unit. I wouldn't write them off just yet, they are fitting one up to a v8 ef or el at the moment, will be interesting to see the results.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #24
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

an intercooled raptor should'nt have a drama should it? i mean it's obviously a street application....
Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #25
Tradewind

A quick word here from the man himself

Our first test unit is going onto an ELV8, the actual kit was made up by a customer, however we will spec it to suit the application.

Now I will try and avoid dirty words but if this were a Holden 5.0 with say 185kw stock well with 9psi boost and a decent tune (with extractors, big exhaust etc) I would look to see 350rwhp from a manual. That is the only example I can give to help you all form a picture of the possibilities.

Don't be overly concerned with the diminutive size of Raptor V, it has supported 440rwhp on a basic LS1 setup.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #26
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

So the au's shouldn't be a drama then? they tune easier than e-series
Old 10-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #27
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just to clarify what i was saying about it being small.. was just the physical size in the engine bay not its ability (of which it is proving to be an awesome little piece of kit)
Old 10-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #28
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

I would definatly look into buying this kit if the price was right.
As the capa kit is a joke $$$$$$.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #29
Tradewind

Smile

Finally I am around 4 weeks from completion on this - AU V8

The EB - EL V8 kit is completing for the most part next week. ($4950 complete kit)

Sorry we have taken a while.
Old 25-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #30
Tradewind

I will have some pictures of the EB - EL kit I will add here in a few days