Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default interior light issues

Hey Hey,

I have a AUII SR sedan and the interior lights wont turn off at all. Even when i lock it they are still on. All the door switches are working as the door light on the dash turns on and off as normal.

Anyone had this issue before and can shed some light ?

When i get time i'm going to check for shorts then if that isnt the issue then i'll start testing the BEM.

Beer Baron ;)

Old 25-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Remember a thread like this a month or so back. Forgot what the problem was thought!. ... JC will be here soon dont worry! lol
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wouldnt be the headlight switch would it????

i no if u flick the little button up, it turns the interior lights on while your driving,

might be stuffed maybe

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
wouldnt be the headlight switch would it????

i no if u flick the little button up, it turns the interior lights on while your driving,

might be stuffed maybe
i had this problem... light just turned on while cruising on the freeway... the headlight switch is pretty easy to pull apart and i think i just bent one of the metal parts abit.. if you look at it for a minute you'll figure it out...

if it is that, turning you dash lights to the lower setting should turn the lights off...

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

the little thumb tab used to be prone to breaking off ... pop the headlight knob off and replace the interior light 'disc'if the tab is missing

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unplugged the BEM and plugged it back in and its fixed.
Old 22-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Playing up again, Staying on. Its not a switch issue and I'm thinking it may be a BEM issue. Where is JC ?
Old 22-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
Playing up again, Staying on. Its not a switch issue and I'm thinking it may be a BEM issue. Where is JC ?
Right here. I would have said check the thumb switch on the headlight switch assembly - mine fell apart last week and I had parkers but no low beam (thanfully I had foggies that run off the parker circuit). I pulled the switch out, then pulled it part, disassembled it, reassembled it including using a cable tie to hold it together, and put it back, and it's been fine ever since (oh, except the dimming function doesn't work).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The switch works fine when everything is working like normal, Like after i unplug and plug in the BEM but in a day or two they stay on again. When the lights are stuck on if i flick the switch off the lights dim for a split second but stay on, so the switch seems to work but the BEM is holding them on.

I plugged in a Carman scan tool and checked the BEM actions and the only one i cant get to work properly is the lights. The door actuators, horn, wipers, windows and everything else the BEM controls will work with the Carman plugged in but not the lights. The lights are suppose to flash to indicate an action taking place like activating the door actuators or other actuators but they just stay on if that makes sense.

Beer Baron
Old 10-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
TheSilentMan

i had this problem, all i did was re program my central locking key and it fixed itself. weird i know but it worked
TheSilentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Right here. I would have said check the thumb switch on the headlight switch assembly - mine fell apart last week and I had parkers but no low beam (thanfully I had foggies that run off the parker circuit). I pulled the switch out, then pulled it part, disassembled it, reassembled it including using a cable tie to hold it together, and put it back, and it's been fine ever since (oh, except the dimming function doesn't work).

You didn't use cable ties in an AU, you E-Mutant you

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #12
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentMan
i had this problem, all i did was re program my central locking key and it fixed itself. weird i know but it worked
Its working fine now and all i did was put the fuse back in. Been going fine for about two weeks now.