Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
stiddy
Banned

Default how bloody stupid!

Went upto the shops bout 15mins ago to get some Cat food for my ratbags..

I took the toyota celica up, ( the celica is the ZR model, twin headlights, anyway its got a full body kit, its really low, got big mags, got the stickers on it, you know something out of fast and the furious, just my little toy ) anyway..
come out of the shops and walking back to the car, i see police parked next to it, one officer was sititng in the car doing god knows what, and the other was checking over my car, anyway walking towards them, the officer asks me, "is this your car son" i said "yep" by then there was a few bystanders stopped and sussing out whats going on.

Cop: "Have you been doing burnouts"

Me: "no i havent been, why?"

Cop: "your REAR tyres are defectable"
(theres no way they are, they are bout 40% warn if that)

Me: "I dont think they are officer, they arent very old"

Cop: "Well if they arent very old, it must mean that you have been doing burnouts and driving like a d!ckhead"

bystander: "theres no reason to call him a d!ckhead, whats your name and badge number?"

Me: "If i have been doing burnouts, the rear tyres wouldnt be going bald"
Cop looks at me blankly

Me: "do you know what car this is officer?"
Cop (looks at me like im stupid) "yes, its a toyota supra"

thats when i cracked up, i shouldnt have but i laughed, and one of the bystanders yelled out "its a celica you d!ckhead"

Me: "its a front wheel drive toyota celica officer, if you want to check tyres for burnouts i think you should check my front wheels"

Cop: "sorry for bothering you" gets all embarressed gets in his car and leaves..

i have left out most of the swearing and stuff that was involved.. and there is no way you can mistake this car for a supra, or any other car for that matter, it is a toyota celica and its fairly obvious that it is a celica.. and funnily enough the only thing he could comment on was the tyres, not how low it was, nothing! and like i said the tyres would be like to have worn 40%..

i just think if cops have a right to go around booking people they should have some form of knowledge of most vehicles.

anyways my rants over..

thanks,
Matt

Old 18-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
BlackLS

Hehehe good onya for being sensible about it. You came out on top ;)

Gotta love cops with nfi

Old 18-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

I agree with the bystander - a phone call to the Officer in Charge of his station would get that cop a swift kick up the ИИИИ. Always get their badge number.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 18-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

more then likely there is a supra within the area, doing burnouts and they are trying to catch them, and your car being as it is fitted the profile, just the cop was too stupid to reliease its a celica.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 18-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

LMAO.

He should've been able to see the CELICA etchings on the rear...
Old 18-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Should have got his details man ... that's just wrong.
Some cops shouldn't be out there on the roads ... they have no idea in the first place.

I remember when I have my Proton ... used to get too much attention from the cops ... now with the ute ... they don't look at me now.

Was pulled over once by a cops for tinted taillights in the Proton ... he didn't pick up the pod filter under the bonnet when he took my VIN/Chassis number ... he didn't have a go at me for tyres worn on the insides ... didn't get me for the loud exhaust ... and didn't get me for the decked ride height. He asked me about my MOMO gearknob and I said it came from the factory just like the full carbon fibre dash (the dash was factory ... the gearknob wasn't) .... he said OK ... no probs.

I got a defect for the dark taillights and that was it.

Stupid .... and I was lucky too ... could have been worse for me.
Old 18-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

LOL what a tool....i can't believe they do stupid ИИИИ like that. if your tyres were not even bald. he had no reason to bother you anyway. and to make matters worse he didn't know what type of car it was.

I saw a similar incident to this with an MR2... The owner had been doing burnouts and then pulled over and was standing near his car. about 2min later a policeman went up to him and said you have been doing burnouts bla bla bla...the guy goes not i haven't. Policeman felt his bonnet which was cold (mid-engine rear drive) and said Oh sorry to bother you it must have been somebody else.
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
Old 18-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
gozza

just another example of whats really going down...today its having the right to randomly inspect your car for no reason...next thing will be house raids...what ever the police want to do...slowy we are losing anything we can call freedom and slowy the shrivs are leading us to a totalitarian state
Old 18-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #9
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Good on ya Stiddy, pity you couldn't wind the dumb *%$#$% copper up a bit more.

I would have been laughing on the ground, rolling.

And what is it with the intimidation. What was he going to do if you said you might have done a burnout.. Idiots ( back wheels! Bwahhhaaahhaaaa)

Its these little posts that get me through the day Ta :

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 18-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

Reminds me of the occasion where police bailed up an old XW. They popped the hood to display a rather tired looking sic in there. Apparently the cop asked if it was a V8 (seriously) and when they said hit wasn't, he got arrogant, until they told him to count the spark plug leads.
DOH

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Old 18-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
stiddy
Banned

i should of driven out with the handbrake on and the backwheels locked LOL, wonder what he would of thought then.. "how is it driving, its rear wheel drive" haha
Old 18-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #12
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
i should of driven out with the handbrake on and the backwheels locked LOL, wonder what he would of thought then.. "how is it driving, its rear wheel drive" haha
"Scuse me sir, but I'll have to ask you to sep out of your non-road-going vehicle. Your not allowed to drive hovercrafts on the streets young lad." lol

Old 18-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #13
xr8ute
Back on the road

LMAO!!

He can't have been too bad a bloke though. At least he swallowed his pride and left you alone after realising his mistake...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
Old 18-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
stiddy
Banned

hahahaha yeah after he got laughed at by everyone around..
Old 18-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Jus remember the golden rule about the Big Blue Gang,
"they don't train them to have a brain". :thebirds:

Onya stiddy, damn classic mate!!
Old 18-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #16
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

i had the same thing 6 months ago but with my similarly rice honda prelude, its an 90 model (bodykit, wheels, low, tint, exhaust usual ricer crap).
Driving in stkilda. . I got pulled over, and the cop ran his hands over the rear tyres and gave me pretty much the same lecture bout how im in trouble for p plate driving in an NSX (that model prelude looks a lil like the nsx, but only when ur a 6 year old blind kid on high quality crystal meth) and doing burnouts and trying to street race.
he didnt believe me when i said it was a just prelude, so i went to show him the badges on it.
I was being a huge smart ***, and he was getting pretty ИИИИed off so when he admited it was a prelude after showing him the car manual, i dont blame him for taking me on when i said it wasnt even rear wheel drive and that he should check the front wheels if anything for tread, although, it doesnt have enough power to push a disabled kid out of a wheelchair.

The officer, who was more than cut about me being right about the model of car decided that this is where he would 'Get me"

so i popped the bonnet to show him, but it was dark and all he could see was the way the engine was mounted and that wasnt enough for him, so he got the torch out and had a look under the rear of it so he could see the rear diff (its a four wheel steer model so the motor for the rear wheels sits where the diff would be)
it was then he really cracked the ИИИИs for me and started suggesting stuff like engine/driveline swaps without being engineered etc etc. i'd been there almost an hour at this stage, getting pretty cut, calling him counstable, but pronouncing the first part of the word alot more prominently, even tho he was a sergeant to begin with. so i get out the manual again and start to show him, just as another cop car pulls up, and a copper who knew what he was on about came over and after another 5 minutes had set him straight.

Still got canaried and fined for some other bullИИИИ tho, who says 5cm ground clearance isnt enough?!?

the funniest part was, after the officer telling me that i had been doing street racing and skids at the start, he didnt mention it again, nor try to fine me for it, he just got angry when i argued with him about the model of car???

dear oh dear
Old 18-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #17
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a classic

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 18-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #18
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

What a friggin tool!

Stiddy - 1 Coppa - :

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 18-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #19
JG3282
Awake after dark

It's like last week when I got pulled over for a drug & alcohol random test and also a license check. After sitting around for 15 minutes waiting for the result, I lifted the bonnet to de-activate the kill switch and a copper goes "I see you got one of those "factory" ESP turbo's." I looked him almost in tears with laughter and quietly informed him that the "turbo" he could see was actually an Impco LPG mixer :

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 18-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #20
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
and quietly informed him that the "turbo" he could see was actually an Impco LPG mixer
ahahahaha.
Old 18-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #21
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=rapidxr6]Jus remember the golden rule about the Big Blue Gang,
"they don't train them to have a brain". :thebirds: QUOTE]

No but they might just have a good memory so that when they do get you for something then its them who will have the last laugh.
Old 18-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #22
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
It's like last week when I got pulled over for a drug & alcohol random test and also a license check. After sitting around for 15 minutes waiting for the result, I lifted the bonnet to de-activate the kill switch and a copper goes "I see you got one of those "factory" ESP turbo's." I looked him almost in tears with laughter and quietly informed him that the "turbo" he could see was actually an Impco LPG mixer :

mmmm, and you drive a what ? :hihi:

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 18-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #23
jcxr
Tribal Elder

[QUOTE=JG3282]It's like last week when I got pulled over for a drug & alcohol random test and also a license check. AND THE RESULT WAS?
Old 18-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #24
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly the same thing happened to me, I Got accused of doing burnouts in my old fairmont. The police officer (female) was looking at my front tyres!!! Still did not stop her from giving me a canary and I could not do anything about it.
Old 18-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #25
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha, stiddy - that's a classic
Old 18-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #26
Group C

I remember years ago, when I was out with the boys in one of the guys' ZL Fairlane (the EFI 6 jobbie), got pulled for a 'random licence check', then they went over the ZL.
Popped the bonnet, first Q asked by the copper was 'What sort of engine is it?'
Mate answers 'Just a 4.1'
Cop answers 'Don't be a f@#$ing smart ***, is it a 6 or V8.....?'
The cop was happy when told it was a 6, but his offsider then shined his torch on the inlet manifold and said 'Nice extractors there mate...'
Poor Trav nearly cried...
Old 18-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #27
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The cops are really giving me the ИИИИs lately too, they have 3x as many cops out at night than of a day time.

And when I was coming home at 2am the other morning, there was a cop tailgating me down a hill, I was struggling to keep my speed down without getting hit.
Old 18-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #28
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SImilar thing happened to me once, a cop was blaming some burnouts just out of town on me, seeing as i was the only P plater in town at the time, but anyway the burnouts were dirty big single leggers where as i have an LSD. but the officer took no excuses. he didn't book or anything though
Old 18-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #29
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
The cops are really giving me the ИИИИs lately too, they have 3x as many cops out at night than of a day time.

And when I was coming home at 2am the other morning, there was a cop tailgating me down a hill, I was struggling to keep my speed down without getting hit.

I f@#king detest tailgating- it is extremely dangerous. (one Harley rider and pillion in St Ives will be testament to what happens if you tailgate me after 2 warnings)
Drop her down a gear, car slows with no brake lights (perfectly legal manoevure) cop bangs back but not too hard, insurance coming your way!

I am an avid supporter of safe road usage and the enforcment of and most police are sensible and good at their job.
Unfortunately, like any group of humans, they will suffer their fair share of ottom-dwellers with something to prove. Discretion is your best weapon; if there is something wrong with your car- a booking is perfectly fair (if bloody annoying!)
The best favour you can do for car-loving communities is to try and keep it legal- there is plenty that can be done whilst remaining within the confines of the law- otherwise, keep it for the track.
Oh, there is an easy test that can be carried out to test whether your brake lights were functional at the time of the rear-ender incident! :

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
Old 18-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #30
EDXR
GRRRRRR

Talking

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! :hihi:

Thats a classic mate!!!

Stick it to the man. :the_finge

ED XR6-polynesian green,factory 5 spd manual,factory electric sunroof,momo wheel,cruise control,custom plates.
Closed Thread