Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default E Series Manual Gear Box Into Au

Now dont get up me, This question has been asked before but anyways i want to confirm this before i buy it.

i have had people tell me that e series manual gear boxes wont fit into au series and other people tell me that it will fit, i am very very confussed i need some one to confirm this information for me please.

cheers matt

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They will fit, however, the shifter will be in the wrong spot and the tail shaft length is different.

Is your car manual, and you've blown the gearbox or auto and want to swap to manual

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Right on the money, shifter is in the wrong spot.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

shifter is that wrong that 1st, 3rd and 5th gear will be in the ashtray
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
shifter is that wrong that 1st, 3rd and 5th gear will be in the ashtray

Not quite, a mate has done it to an AU Wagon and had to cut 2in's out of the console to be able to change gears, but it did bolt up and allow him to use the AU auto tailshaft

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
tex is right, the gearbox is a T50D, and they all mount up the same XF-AU - the only thing that changes is the bell housing for AU, but even then the earlier model bell housings still fit up to the AU engine (but in my experiences will most likely crack over time due to not having braces on the AU).
[/QUOTE]i run an EA box in my AU and dont have any problems with clearance to the dash, though you might be right about the extension housing length being slightly shorter[QUOTE]

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i want to swap to manual, but seeing though a manual conversion will cost way more then a rebuilt auto with stronger gears and bands and a high stall,

just asking this because i have some one trying to sell me a manual t5 out of a eb and they keep saying it will fit??

Old 05-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

An AU T5 will be a lot cheaper than a rebuilt and strengthened auto, but in saying that, youll only be getting a stock T5.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there is a au xr6 s2 at oxely wreckers with a full manual conversion kit, trouble they wont let me take parts i want for it, as they want to sell it as a whole conversion,

maybe if i hide couple bits of the conversion i will be beable to get the box and the pedal box as well, i dont need a computer as i have a mate with ford tunning software on his computer so he should be able to change it over for me,

Old 08-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I may have a BA XR6T T5 up for sale very soon. Exactly the same as an AU T5 case, just stronger internals. Let me know if you are interested.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #11
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

let me no soon mate im very keen straight after i start work