Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

Default Sorry for all the agro

Hey guys just wanted to say sorry for all the agrivation between Ford Forums and SAU

I have been a member on here for a couple of weeks and didn't want to start any **** between the sites. I have and still will be a HUGE Sierra RS500 enthusiast.

I admit that posting on SAU about your RICERS thread wasn't neccessary. I still disagree that i and my fellow import owners are instantly labbelled as RICERS as we own Jap cars. But again as stated numerous times through the thread peoples definition of what a Ricer is varies.

I have nothing against V8's as i have worked in V8 supercars and have had lots to do with them. I just prefer the japanese turbo cars over the large sedans.

So think what you will of me....

RS500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's amazing though how childish people can get on the internet! I thought it was funny. I had neutral ground so I was all good!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahhh back to the stereotypical import driver being a ricer. I stayed away from that thread for that very reason. Unfortunately its one of those things they may never change, just like the whole 'chicks into cars' thing. All I can say is that
a) I'm glad you came to Ford forums regardless of what make of car you drive
b) I'm sorry its ended up the way it has.

Not all of us at AFF believe that Imports are Ricers. I see way more E-series cars turned into Ricers than Imports. AFF is not just for Ford enthusiasts but car enthusiasts in general, its a shame to see other makes get shot down in flames around here.

Please don't be offended by what has been said. I'm sure we are all mature enough to appreciate other's cars.

Cheers
Melz
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Ok I own a turbo XR falcon so what am I.....?????
Old 14-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #5
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh clean slate. lets move on.
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
The guy is making peace just leave it at that mate.
Old 14-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
It's amazing though how childish people can get on the internet! I thought it was funny. I had neutral ground so I was all good!
Same Here
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
BF MKII UTE

Quote:
My IDOL !!!!! :hihi:
BF MKII UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

Quote:
Ahhh back to the stereotypical import driver being a ricer. I stayed away from that thread for that very reason. Unfortunately its one of those things they may never change, just like the whole 'chicks into cars' thing. All I can say is that
a) I'm glad you came to Ford forums regardless of what make of car you drive
b) I'm sorry its ended up the way it has.

Not all of us at AFF believe that Imports are Ricers. I see way more E-series cars turned into Ricers than Imports. AFF is not just for Ford enthusiasts but car enthusiasts in general, its a shame to see other makes get shot down in flames around here.

Please don't be offended by what has been said. I'm sure we are all mature enough to appreciate other's cars.

Cheers
Melz
Cheers Mate,

Hope to be a more CONSTRUCTIVE member in the future
Old 14-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
The guy is making peace just leave it at that mate.
Why must you miss understand what i mean....i was trying to say that it doesnt matter what car you own or drive the main thing is we all enjoy the cars and modifying them no matter what your personal taste.....
Old 14-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why must you miss understand what i mean....i was trying to say that it doesnt matter what car you own or drive the main thing is we all enjoy the cars and modifying them no matter what your personal taste.....
Amen to that! Too bad I can't afford mods at the moment lol!
Old 14-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Mate don't worry about it, anyone that thinks your a ricer just because your car is of Japanese origin is a one-eyed bogan (there's a fair few here, just like any other forum I might add)

Good on ya for trying to make things right!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #13
Boss 290

hey i would also like to apologise. peoples cars are what they want and like and its up to the indvidual to choose what they want. catorgarise any car how you like if the person truley loves their car then there will be no arguments. i give up. the gt is a family car . sorry about the arguing and i hope no one took it to heart. welcome all the new members who joined due to these stupid fights. please stick around for future conversations because it isnt always arguments. thank you and rs500 thanks for your apology aswell..cheers
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #14
fmc351
let it burn

Question. Is 'ricer' offensive? Im into old school iron V8's, according to my niece that makes me a bogun. Yeah, Im fine with that. I grew up around rotaries, and still love em. Turbo 4 pots like the Sierra made my day in the 90's, never heard Holden fans cry so loudly. My nieces Silvia is very nice. Ill still sit there with the lads and hang crap on anyone not into a V8, then I get into my wifes Mazda and drive home.

I just dont get the offense people take to it.

Signed, BOGUN
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #15
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500
Hey guys just wanted to say sorry for all the agrivation between Ford Forums and SAU

I have been a member on here for a couple of weeks and didn't want to start any **** between the sites. I have and still will be a HUGE Sierra RS500 enthusiast.

I admit that posting on SAU about your RICERS thread wasn't neccessary. I still disagree that i and my fellow import owners are instantly labbelled as RICERS as we own Jap cars. But again as stated numerous times through the thread peoples definition of what a Ricer is varies.

I have nothing against V8's as i have worked in V8 supercars and have had lots to do with them. I just prefer the japanese turbo cars over the large sedans.

So think what you will of me....
I wouldn't let it worry you overly much RS500, this sort of thing happens just about anywhere.
We have a LOT of members here on AFF that do not own Fords, along with a number that are not exactly what you would call the biggest fans of the Blue Oval either. Almost universally we are all car enthusiasts & enjoy cars - that's all that really matters.
There are a few other SAU members on here as well that I know of personally.
Keep your comments constructive & you shouldn't have any issues & if we can't we'll just have to take it to the track & sort it out sometime. :

As for the definition of RICE - I think the following sums it up quite nicely.
Race Inspired Cosmetically Enhanced. ie a car that has been built with more emphasis on looking pretty with no regards to actual drivability or performance.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #16
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos

As for the definition of RICE - I think the following sums it up quite nicely.
Race Inspired Cosmetically Enhanced. ie a car that has been built with more emphasis on looking pretty with no regards to actual drivability or performance.
and here was me thinking it was because they looked like a Rice Bubble!
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #17
HOON69
Banned

you've seen the light and the ways of your error all is forgiven.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #18
TUF514
Banned

what a bunch of wooses on this site.

i dont know the history or whats been going on, but rice sux balls and i have no problem saying it!

as if you would apologize for having and stating your opinion!!!
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #19
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpieez_xb_ute

i dont know the history or whats been going on, but rice sux balls and i have no problem saying it!

you dont have to be sorry for having a opinion but you can be sorry for being disrespectful to other car enthusiasts and be sorry for hrash comments etc being made about others etc

theres a difference you know ;)
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #20
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Good on ya for making the effort mate. I think everyone needs to remember that no make or model is immune to being 'riced'. As long as anyone can attach a 40cm rear wing and a 4" exhaust to an otherwise stock car we're all in danger!!!!
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #21
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

I think its a minority on this site that think that jap cars are rice.

Quite a few members have owned or currently own japanese cars from subies to supras. Hell im one of them!

My solution is to just have both a jap rocket and an old school rumbler.

BTW this isnt the first interforum e-shitfight, but its the first one where people can come to the table and agree to disagree. well done
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #22
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

mate i'm not sorry about having an opinion. It was the other stuff that came from it that i should have avioded
Old 15-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #23
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Dont worry about it, do you remember the arguments in primary school that went like this:
so why dont you like (insert car brand)
because its shiit
why?
coz it is
well, some people are just like that on here, they will argue untill theyre blue in the face, others are just a pain in the rectum with the maturity of a 10 year old. but the majority (i think) respect a car for what it is, either a hot import or home grown aussie hero...

just my 2 dollars

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 06:43 AM   #24
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpieez_xb_ute

NObody here has a problem with anyone having an opinion. The problem occurs when people express it in an antisocial, over the top manner that it becomes a problem.
Members are reminded that a discussion site like AFF is about respecting other peoples rights to have an opinion,and allowing them to have their say without drowning them out with your own.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #25
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Although i missed it all, Im not supprised. Seen it on many a forum.
Your a better person today for it. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Question. Is 'ricer' offensive? Im into old school iron V8's, according to my niece that makes me a bogun. Yeah, Im fine with that. I grew up around rotaries, and still love em.
Same here, Anyone who has seen the plate my car wears knows this

Most people walk away scratching thier heads :
Love the Ol sKool, Also love and miss my Mighty Maz... Zoom Zoom
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post