Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Unhappy gtfpv has 2nd ACCIDENT IN ONE WEEK.

WELL IT HAPPENED A GAIN this time far worse. those of you on here most probably have read my thread on the car accident i had 8 days ago . last saturday. well i havent had a car for a week and had to have one day off work because of it . due to the dramas of getting the car repaired i was going to buy a cheap car to gert me to and from work, whilst the car was out of action . i had no luck there and ran out of options.
then a friend offered to lend me his laser while he and his family went on holidays for 1 week. i had the car for 2 days . this morning at 5.30 am i was travelling on the m4 motorway at 100km's an hour there was no cars in front of me i was in the middle lane.straight section of road. when BANG,,, something hit the back of the car and hard . it jolted my head back against the headrest and split it open the car went into an anticlockwise spin at 100kms an hour plus as the impact pushed the car faster than i was travelling . i held the wheel straight the wheels screeching were horrific . i remember thinking . what hit me and is it going to hit again but lucky i was alive. i slid spinning around for about 300metres and stopped up against the crash railing on the left side of the raodfacing backwards. it hurt . i grabbed the back of my head and felt wet . looked at my hand it was blood. i looked around to see what happenned and about 100m further down the road a red vx commy had gone down the embankment int the middle of the raod and a black car had pulled over to the left . both of the drivers got out and ran towards me i sat there dazed.you ok one of them said . no im hurt call an ambulance i said. ok was the reply . i heard the other one ask him how i am and the guy said he is f***kd needs an ambulance. then the other guy came and asked . you ok .no call an ambulance and the police please .ok dude one on the way . i noticed because there was 2 people attending me that people were driving passed. i sat in the car for about 1 minute and decided i'm not too hurt to get out so climbed out the window . as i got out i realised the black car and the red one had gone . they drove off and left me for dead. cop arrived on seen . ambulance arrived . paramedics told me my injuries are minor. so didn't go to hospital . made a statement to police officer . the policeman told me because there are no witnesses and no other vehicles present. he cannot persue the case . so i just went home with the tow truck driver and have had one of the worst days of uncontrolable emotions.don't want to drive anymore. i was on my way to work . my friends car is a write off . and i fear driving therefore cannot get to work . i am an emotional wreck at the moment.

Old 25-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

what the!. thats crazy!!!

so what hit you? there car must have sustained serious damage.......
Old 25-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
*rayman*
454 Power

dude, thats not good!

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
Old 25-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

um, don't drive the GT for a while. But seriously, as hard as it may be to think of on top of everything else, first thing is first - you're ok. Cars can be replaced, and I'm sure your mate will understand.
Old 25-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #5
rodderz

mate the main thing is you're okay for starters. Hopefully your luck turns better and you can sort it all out

So one of the other cars may of hit you from behind, possibly the driver had been drinking which could explain the disappearance? If that may be the case or you need witnesses maybe the 000 call centre may have the number of the mobile who rang them and the police could follow it up
Old 25-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #6
BlackLS

mate, lay low for a while and be good to everyone... Bad luck happens in threes...

I had the same thing last year, but on a very minor scale compared to yours. Someone hit my car in a carpark at work, managed to catch the guy before he drove off. He was an arseprick to deal with. Second was when I was getting quotes to fix the damage, I was ****ing down rain and I didn't see the the black corolla come round the corner that i had a driveway to turn into. nice long scratch along the side of her car. Last bad luck event was the start of a low point in my relationship with my GF. All in 4 day intervals with each other...

Old 25-09-2005, 10:39 PM   #7
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Jeeeeez thats F^$@D , i would probably be too scared to drive the GT too if that had happened to me....

Hang in there cuz things have a way of turning around!
Old 25-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #8
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As B2TF said cars are replacabe, people arent, atleast ur ok, hope the cops get these pricks
Old 25-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #9
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There should (hopefully) be some traffic cameras?
Old 25-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #10
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats not good
The best thing you can actually do though is jump in a car as soon as possible and actually drive that same stretch of road... seriously.

like others have said, cars can be replaced and you are ok.

Try to think on a positive note and that might help (at least you werent severly injured or worse)

Take it easy
Old 25-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody hell. Its bad enough to hit someone but then do a runner. I just cant believe how selfish some people are that because they are too scared of getting in trouble they do a runner.

Hope your luck turns for the better mate. Stay safe.
Old 25-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #12
gtfpv
GT

thankyou. i just wish i knew what happened . all i know is i was driving straight on a sunday morning after a good night sleep. and got cleaned up big time.have no idea how. i couldn't believe the car didn't roll . if it it did than it probably would've been all over at that speed.i think it is because i dont think i had time to put my foot on the brakes. well i think anyway.i just feel crap. thanks for your concerns and replies . i think i will lie low for a while .i'll go to my doctor tomorrow and try and get some stress leave from work or something . then i'll go and see the panelbeater that has my el and ask him if he can do a search on any stolen red commodores or . red commadores with white paint on them in the last day or to.
inciedently when i was in the tow truck a call came over the radio saying a late model commadore had ploughed into a telagraph pole at seven hills ,i asked the towie to find out what colour . but he ignored me . seven hills is 5 minutes from eastern creak.
Old 25-09-2005, 11:44 PM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
thankyou. i just wish i knew what happened . all i know is i was driving straight on a sunday morning after a good night sleep. and got cleaned up big time.have no idea how. i couldn't believe the car didn't roll . if it it did than it probably would've been all over at that speed.i think it is because i dont think i had time to put my foot on the brakes. well i think anyway.i just feel crap. thanks for your concerns and replies . i think i will lie low for a while .i'll go to my doctor tomorrow and try and get some stress leave from work or something . then i'll go and see the panelbeater that has my el and ask him if he can do a search on any stolen red commodores or . red commadores with white paint on them in the last day or to.
inciedently when i was in the tow truck a call came over the radio saying a late model commadore had ploughed into a telagraph pole at seven hills ,i asked the towie to find out what colour . but he ignored me . seven hills is 5 minutes from eastern creak.
Best thing to do - get to the doc ASAP as the stress can have strong effects on you. Anybody who has been in a car accident will attest to this.

I take it yuo gave as much detail as you could to Plod - just a suggestion, go and see them and ask them to read back what you told them, because in situations like that where you dont know where you are etc, you can forget stuff or neglect to mention it etc, and obviously in this situation as much information as you can give them is what they need.

Rest up, relax and take solice in the fact that you are still walking, talking and have all your functions.
Old 25-09-2005, 11:47 PM   #14
Kryton

TAC is what id be looking at. it takes a loooooooong time to finalise but at least you will get some compo for what has happened.
i have no doubts that at least the car will be found and then possibly the driver.
glad your ok though.
Old 26-09-2005, 12:46 AM   #15
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to hear you got out of it OK gtfpv. (Well, as OK as possible all things considered) Sure hope they catch the barstards :
Old 26-09-2005, 01:36 AM   #16
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i agree with fiery i wouldnt wait too long to hop in cruiser and get some mileage down the same road, i know from experience as a highway driver when something gives you a nasty scare out on road you feel much better , after getting out there and doing the route a few times, ive had a few scares on western highway , sounds like you got off lightley, goodluck
Old 26-09-2005, 01:42 AM   #17
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

F*** dude thats horrible...

Arseholes. They should be strung up by their testicles.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Old 26-09-2005, 01:49 AM   #18
loxxr6
XB in parts...

How the hell someone could take off from the scene of an accident is just unbelievable...totally irresponsible.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 26-09-2005, 06:21 AM   #19
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

If they are the ones that rung the ambulance, won't their number be in the system?
Old 26-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #20
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
If they are the ones that rung the ambulance, won't their number be in the system?
Bloody Good point...
Old 26-09-2005, 08:13 AM   #21
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Bloody hell. Its bad enough to hit someone but then do a runner. I just cant believe how selfish some people are that because they are too scared of getting in trouble they do a runner.
Makes you sick doesn't it? Seems some people just grow up with no sense of responsibility.
Old 26-09-2005, 08:42 AM   #22
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Sorry to hear about the accidents, but very glad to hear you still kicking!! The M4 sucks. The amount of lunacy I've seen on that road is scarey. We need cop cars on that road 24/7, not speed cameras.
Keep your chin up mate, things will get better.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Old 26-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #23
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Man unbelievable! You are still alive so thats a big plus.

The worst bit about an accident is they can happen out of know where, and happen very fast, and leave you totally confused and dazed. But the first thing you have to do is get number plates, second is get to the nearest cop shop and give a full statement, get your version on record at least, it will help with insurance later at least, if not help the cops if they find the car/s involved.

My wife had two accidents in the space of about 2 months, and she had the same thing, very nervous driving, 2nd one involved a truck as you can imagine she is a little woried about trucks, and paranoid of having a no at fault accident again.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 26-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #24
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
and i fear driving therefore cannot get to work.
Can't believe they drove off - what tossers.

Don't worry, you'll be right - jump straight back in the seat and you'll beat those feelings. Survivng both times with minor injuries tells me your very lucky not unlucky as you believe.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 26-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #25
SSbaby
Banned

As everybody else has stated. You're OK which is the MAIN thing. Cars are replaceable. Lives are not.

Weren't the witnesses who asked you if you were OK privy to what had occurred in front of them? It's sad that nobody who actually witnessed the incident stopped to help.

Btw, get yourself a lottery ticket, man. ;)
Old 26-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #26
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

As others have mentioned the single most important thing is that you are physically OK. As for emotionally, well in my experience that will take some time.

But in all seriousness you do need to get back on the road as soon as you can – the longer you leave it the worse it will be.

In 2003 I was involved in a serious car accident on the M1 freeway in Brissy – before the car came to a stop I was travelling at a speed of approx 110km/h. The whole accident happened in approx 3 secs and my car was totalled, it was hit by at least 3 vehicles or so the police report says – I do not remember most of it. The accident was not my fault but that did not stop the police officers from threatening charges on all of us involved – nice hey, so compassionate.

I was physically fine but emotionally scarred for quite awhile after. My Dad made me drive the next day and I cried the whole time – my hands were shaking on the wheel. It took a few months for the sound of the tyres screaming and the crunch of metal to fade from my memory, took longer for the feeling of the car closing in around me to diminish.

As for the other parties involved in your accident, I wont comment on them because there are no words that I could use that would be accepted on this forum. Let’s just say that scum like that deserve a big healthy dose of Karma and the universe will ensure they receive it.

Hope you feel a little better today.

Cheers, Tori
Old 26-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #27
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

They drove off??? That's so f--ked up.

How is your head mate?
Old 26-09-2005, 10:41 AM   #28
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to hear you're ok, nasty stuff that. Someone mentioned speed cameras, whilst I'm not familiar with the M4 would it be worth asking the police or perhaps the M4 camera operators if there is any footage from say within @1-2 klms of the accident, as you said it was pretty quiet at the time so wouldn't take much effort, may also help with insurance (if applicable). Anyway all the best of luck to you but do get back in the saddle when you feel up to it. :eclipsee_

Last edited by The Dok; 26-09-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 26-09-2005, 10:56 AM   #29
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
Glad to hear you're ok, nasty stuff that. Someone mentioned speed cameras, whilst I'm not familiar with the M1 would it be worth asking the police or perhaps the M1 camera operators if there is any footage from say within @1-2 klms of the accident, as you said it was pretty quiet at the time so wouldn't take much effort, may also help with insurance (if applicable). Anyway all the best of luck to you but do get back in the saddle when you feel up to it. :eclipsee_
I believe he said it was the M4 - they have traffic cameras (they dont measure speed, just traffic flow), these are managed by the Traffic Management Centre (TMC), but the video dosnt get saved, most of it is recorded over in 48 hours (to the best of my knowledge). Also they will not hand over video unless requested to do so by the police.

If anyone is interested go here to check out the live images:Live traffic Cameras
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 26-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #30
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Glad to hear your ok GTFPV. Sounds like some pricks pinched the commode, surely it was badly damaged as well, it'll probably turn up somewhere down the line. I'd sure like to see you find them. Accidents suck, i had one a few years back (speeder t-boned me on a blind corner), but it doesn't even enter my thoughts any more. You'll be ok mate.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
Closed Thread