Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
paddle

Default Tickford snorkels to be made obsolete?

Is this so or is it just a pile of marketing crap? If it is the case im gettin one now!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-FALCON-T...QQcmdZViewItem

paddle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Even if it was true , i wouldn't be too worried , there is people crashing / writing off their xr's all the time , there will be plenty of them around at wreckers for a long time to come yet. ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It is possible, but I think the BA XR6T or XR8 ones were the same size, just without the wings.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
It is possible, but I think the BA XR6T or XR8 ones were the same size, just without the wings.
Yeap they indeed are.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:52 AM   #5
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Marketing crap. Who uses red text in size 50. Yes what JC said is correct in regards to the XR6T being the same without wings.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

1. It is not discontinued
  2. It is a stocked part at most Ford Spares
  3. This is $60 inc Postage, go to Ford and pick one up for $36
  4. I doubt neither holden or ford will be removing the CAI on the falcon or commodore, unless they put bonnet scoops on each car.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Note the name bay_ford parts. Very sneaky name if you ask me.

What a rort! $60 delivered for a $36 part! :

Well I'm glad this scam was busted, again here on the forum! :

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Note the name bay_ford parts. Very sneaky name if you ask me.

What a rort! $60 delivered for a $36 part! :

Well I'm glad this scam was busted, again here on the forum! :

GK
bay_ford parts are the Bay Ford Group of Melbourne. That is not 100% bulldust. The Tickford snorkel is no longer being manufactured, and has been so for a little while now. But is still available through most Ford spare parts.. for now.

And as for the price, I have seen the Tickford snorkel sell for well over $100 on ebaY. So if there is stupid people out there willing to pay $100 for something I bought for $17 three years ago, who's to blame bay_ford parts for making a larger profit out of the stupid people willing to pay that sort of price? When they first went on ebaY (6 months ago), bay_ford were selling them for $35 buy it now, where others were selling them for more. bay_ford parts sold the Tickford snorkels like hot cakes. They have been slowly bumping up their buy it now price by $5 the last couple of months, and still they sell?? I guess they're just trying to find out how much idiots will acctually pay for them, laughing all the time behind the computer screen. No harm done IMO.

bay_ford parts are not bad. Some bargains to be had through them. For example, I bought a brand new set of red premium Tickford front calipers (with full set of pads) from them through ebaY for just under $600. That's how much one caliper costs at RRP through Ford.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #9
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Genebaby bought a steering wheel like the FPV ones through them. I beleive he got it for less than half RRP
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'm sure G&D will have a rather large stockpile of secondhand Tickford snorkels by now and will probably have Many, MANY more in the next few years

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #11
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bayford ford are not to bad ive bought some new stuff for my BA from them cheaper than my local ford dealer. Its all about supply & demand if there is still demand for the tickford snorkel & little supply up goes the price (just lke real estate really but for educated consumers they will note that for this item if its still available at your local ford dealer it maybe cheaper)

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #12
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

haha , stupid size 50 red text , i scored a Snorkel of greyute today for $10 ;)

anyone want the old one , ill post it for FREE lol

Cheers
Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #13
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$60?? I could get one for 1/3 of that..
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #14
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm sure G&D will have a rather large stockpile of secondhand Tickford snorkels by now and will probably have Many, MANY more in the next few years
LOL...thats what I thought this thread must have been about when I first read the title :P

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #15
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

BUMMER!!! I ordered one last week from the local Ford Parts in town here, they reckoned it would be a couple of weeks and all the wreckers I've been to haven't wrecked any XR8's :
:sm_headba
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #16
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
bay_ford parts are the Bay Ford Group of Melbourne. That is not 100% bulldust.
Interesting, Bayford group selling incredibly overpriced parts, and you applaud them! : I didn't see the bayford logos everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
No harm done IMO.
I may be old fashioned, but just because someone has the money to pay a premium price, doesn't mean they should be charged it!!

A fair price for a fair product I reckon. It's how my parents ran their business all their lives and it worked for them. Overpricing like this example is just greed at work. Imagine if everyone here on the forum was greedy like this, it would wreck the comraderie we have and enjoy here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
So if there is stupid people out there willing to pay $100 for something I bought for $17 three years ago, who's to blame bay_ford parts for making a larger profit out of the stupid people willing to pay that sort of price?
So just because you got your bargain, you're happy for others to get ripped!
Your logic eludes me.

If I didn't need mine and someone wanted to give me $100 for it, I wouldn't take it, IMO that would be like theft!

In any case, you've alerted me to their markup and for that at least I am grateful. I also hope this thread has saved new guys falling for their greed.

GK
Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #17
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

good points GK , we are all part of the same forum so we should look out for each other , and one of those points is telling other members about ripoffs and we to get an item at a cheaper price

Lets Work together

Cheers
Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #18
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there is no way ford will discontinue a spare part. imagine if ford discontinued say for example headlights or tail lights, it just wouldn't happen.

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #19
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
So just because you got your bargain, you're happy for others to get ripped!
Your logic eludes me.
Bargain? If you're referring to me paying $17 for the snorkel 3 and a bit years ago, that was RRP as far as I knew, because that's what I paid, no discount or anything. Fords own price has doubled and a bit since then too.

As far as me being happy for others to get ripped.. let me tell you GK that I have gone as far as contacting some of the bidders for these snorkels on ebaY when the price has gone over $50 or so. I tell them the part no and current RR price ($36) at their nearest Ford spares. But I still see them bidding into the $80-$90 even $100 range!?? You can't help stupidity in my opinion. Or maybe they're just lazy lards who can't be ИИИИed going down to their Ford spare parts retailer?? Who knows?

As someone said.. it's a supply and demand issue. The supply is dimensioning, but demand is still high. If the price of items that fall in this catagory stay the same as they did originally (you could put anything collectable in here for example), you are a fool to let it happen. I would love to go buy a XY GT and pay the price the original owner paid for it when he purchased it new, but unfortunately, that's not going to happen now is it?

Also, should we also add to that list fellow forum sponsors FTG Auto Wreckers are selling them for $45 + $10 postage here? And also Ford hotup house Mick Webb SVO selling them for $65 + $10 postage here?

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #20
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
As far as me being happy for others to get ripped.. let me tell you GK that I have gone as far as contacting some of the bidders for these snorkels on ebaY when the price has gone over $50 or so. I tell them the part no and current RR price ($36) at their nearest Ford spares.
Also, should we also add to that list fellow forum sponsors FTG Auto Wreckers are selling them for $45 + $10 postage
Your original post didn't have that info in it. It sounded like you weren't being very sympathetic at all. I'm glad you've done your bit to stop people getting ripped.

Yes, we should be telling each other of any item we've got cheaper, even if it's our forum sponsors that need to be reminded of what a fair price is. Please don't misunderstand me, people in business need to make a profit, if they didn't they'd not be in business very long.

But being downright greedy, that's another matter! I believe that people like that don't deserve to be in business.

QUOTE=012]
As someone said.. it's a supply and demand issue. The supply is dimensioning, but demand is still high.
[/QUOTE]

That's balony I reckon. It's like the government's stupid assertion that petrol prices are all cause of supply and demand! It's their greed that adds 30 odd cents to the price!

As I said previous, a fair price for a fair product. I do not believe in screwing anybody for money. Supply and demand are being manipulated in this very case, by bay_ford parts telling eveyone that they're hard to get. Balony, hmmmm have I got any balony in the fridge. I'm getting a tad hungry!

Well for what it's worth, there's my overinflated 20 cents worth, with no added GST I might add! LOL!

GK
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #21
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just buy a XR6 turbo snorkel and chuck a tickford badge on it , viola! Porblem solved.
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #22
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
just buy a XR6 turbo snorkel and chuck a tickford badge on it , viola! Porblem solved.
Couldn't do that, unless you are BA owner wannabe AU man! LOL! Just kidding, I know what you meant though!

GK
Old 09-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #23
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
.......unless you are BA owner wannabe AU man!
i could just be :nutsycuck
Old 09-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #24
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
i could just be :nutsycuck
I'm sure there's many out there! :

GK
Old 10-04-2006, 02:49 AM   #25
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I would of thought that to but G&D gave me back my air box and snorkle....maybe time to sell mine on ebay
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #26
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I'm sure there's many out there! :

GK
aheheh i will be looking for a T3 as a weekend car and keeping the BA , best of both worlds :
Old 10-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #27
blackauman
Gotta Love Manual V8!!

I bought one from Bayford parts off ebay. Mine was $45 delivered, others at the time were seeling for $45 + Delivery, so I thought I didn't get too bad of deal.
  • Tickford Snorkle
  • K&N Air Filter
  • HI-Flow Cats
  • Sports Exhaust
  • 7" Touch Screen DVD Player
  • 12" Sub and 4ch Amp
blackauman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #28
GTHOXR8

If anyone is interested in the situation regarding Tickford Cold Air Intakes.

Just got back from the Ford Dealer with my new Tickford sized cold air intake.

Went in on Saturday and asked for a Tickford Cold Air Intake and was told they have been now superceded.

The replacement is part number FO- BA 9A624 A and the description is
TUBE AIR CLNR INTAK. Ordered Saturday morning and got it today (Tuesday)

Cost was $37.07 and it is definitely bigger than the original.
GTHOXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #29
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are the BA XR6T & Typhoon Snorkal. Without the Wings.

Tickford Snorkal's are now gone.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #30
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

well I got mine in now, couldn't find a second hand one so had to part with $59.90 grrrrrrr
:sm_headba
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post