Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #1
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fuel Prices on the up

Well it had to happen....with oil at about $68.00 a barrell if I heard the news right to-nite...here in QLD were subsidised did see that Sydney were paying $1.19 per litre...if thats the case The Alice will be paying about $1.50 per litre.

What are you paying its only going to go up from here and the Libs won't drop the tax to ease the rise.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

$1.25 for mobil Synergy in Melbourne..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #3
big_pete
Sublime

Yey, i love spending big at the bowser!!!
Old 25-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #4
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Prices are ridiculous but what can you do aye?! I see it like this - if the car needs petrol you get it. The prices are what they are. It's just the way it is and we can't do nothing about it unfortunately.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Last time I filled up I think it was $1.15 p/L for regular unleaded

btw big_pete- when I read this thread Basement Jaxx was playing in the background- awesome
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

It's time the federal government stepped in and reduced tax and or excise.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:22 AM   #7
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
It won't happen. The other day I heard on TV that "cutting petrol taxes is not an option" They won't do it because our petrol taxes put's money into their pockets and god forbid they should miss out on a worker's dollar!!
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 26-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #8
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
It won't happen. The other day I heard on TV that "cutting petrol taxes is not an option" They won't do it because our petrol taxes put's money into their pockets and god forbid they should miss out on a worker's dollar!!
Yeah, I heard the same report. And no workers dollars means they might have to actually do something : We are getting stilted at the bowser and there is not a damn thing we can do to stop it.
I feel sorry for the old age pensioners. They get diddly squat money from the govt: now
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:35 AM   #9
Dodge
i like to be stroked

im rebuilding my cooper s , runs on a sniff of a XR8's exhaust and corners better
Old 26-06-2005, 12:50 AM   #10
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Damn, that's what I get for buying a 4.1L XF Falcon... guess I'll just have to be as gentle as possible on the right pedal...

How long till we're paying over $1.50 per litre I wonder... :(
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #11
gtfpv
GT

yeh it is a very sour note for me . amazing every time the US get thier hands on peoples oil and take control the price suddenly goes up .. mmmmm now do you think the US want cheaper petrol prices?????
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 01:37 AM   #12
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
guess I'll just have to be as gentle as possible on the right pedal
Gentle on the pedal? I'm not familiar with that term. Please explain?! :

But seriously, what xrgran said saddens and upsets me because most age pensioners have worked all their lives and paid taxes and now on a ridiculously low pension, they continue to get hit with high taxes such as petrol etc... Taxes really are a lifetime bill.

Well, I'm not going to keep doing my head in over petrol prices. As I already said, there's nothing we can do about it. It's so ridiculous :(
Old 26-06-2005, 01:42 AM   #13
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Gentle on the pedal? I'm not familiar with that term. Please explain?! :

But seriously, what xrgran said saddens and upsets me because most age pensioners have worked all their lives and paid taxes and now on a ridiculously low pension, they continue to get hit with high taxes such as petrol etc... Taxes really are a lifetime bill.

Well, I'm not going to keep doing my head in over petrol prices. As I already said, there's nothing we can do about it. It's so ridiculous :(
mmm most old age pensioners bar are few are asset rich.and had it very good through thier working life better than we ever will for example lump sum super payouts ., redundancies , single income living . mortgages paid out early. mmmm me better leave this thread alone too.
Old 26-06-2005, 02:01 AM   #14
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
mmm most old age pensioners bar are few are asset rich.and had it very good through thier working life better than we ever will for example lump sum super payouts ., redundancies , single income living . mortgages paid out early. mmmm me better leave this thread alone too.
I seeeee

The urge to bite almost got me but that there is a totally new thread.
Old 26-06-2005, 02:07 AM   #15
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
I seeeee

The urge to bite almost got me but that there is a totally new thread.
YEAH I KNOW :

Last edited by gtfpv; 26-06-2005 at 02:24 AM.
Old 26-06-2005, 02:21 AM   #16
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
YEAH I KNOW YOU 'VE GOT A SOFT SPOT AND A HOT SPOT FOR ME.
ARRGGHHHH!!! :
Old 26-06-2005, 02:29 AM   #17
gtfpv
GT

ME :gren: I BETTER LEAVE THIS ONE AS WELL JUST STIRRING, BACK ON TOPIC NOW . : ME AGAIN.
Old 26-06-2005, 04:29 AM   #18
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

the polies dont give a rats about the little people and will happily let it go until $2.00 a litre, why because aussies dont dont give a rats about bullting lieing polies , if they did all these pricks would be on dole simple. Dont get me started :
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 04:37 AM   #19
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

I had an idea at one point but had NFI how to implement it so ignored it.

It was:

Buy petrol when cheap, then when it skyrockets, resell it a little higher but lower then everyone else. Would save most people $$ but the govt would make an excuse to arrest me.
Old 26-06-2005, 06:45 AM   #20
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

they did. as of 1/7/05 we will pay less income tax. it $hits me when every little thing that happens in this country, the government gets blamed.
if people don't like the price of fuel, buy a push bike :
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #21
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

If we do in the near have a base price of $1.20+ per litre for std ulp, how many of you would seriously look at getting out of your V8 or turbo six for something more fuel efficient?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #22
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
If we do in the near have a base price of $1.20+ per litre for std ulp, how many of you would seriously look at getting out of your V8 or turbo six for something more fuel efficient?
I would still drive my V8
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #23
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Quote:
One day I might have to consider it. Mind you, I'll always have a V8 tucked away in the garage to bring out on a weekend to make some noise. A 4cyl commuter might be in the stable one day if fuel prices keep rising.
Old 26-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #24
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

FFO/Noddy thats a good point.

funny tho coz it means a second car(for me anyway, one person) which means over 1000 a year in rego plus probably about 500 for ty insurance then maintenence, but thats with respect to the fact that teh v8 wont cost as much in maintenence...

my point is, to justify getting a 4cyl as a runnaround means you have to save over 1500 a year just to justify it... thats alot of bananas, so for now i'l put that $125 a month into good old PULP.

good thing i got my bike licence i spose...
clampy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #25
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arg fuel is currently $1.30 for 91 and $1.36 for 96 over here, bloody ridiculous. Let's hope it doesn't get any higher.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #26
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Prices would have to be around the $2.00 before I gave up the V8. Probably above $1.60 and it wouldn't be a daily driver anymore.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #27
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Canberra has been paying a fair bit for petrol for a while now. At the moment its low at $1. Its not uncommon for the price to be at $1.15-$1.20 here. Havent seen what it is today.

Forgive if im wrong but isnt doesnt Sydney usually have low prices in comparison its only once in a while where prices are this high. Pretty sure they always pump up the price on pay week.

They are actually allowed to charge whatever they want as far as i know. Solution- have an EFI car it helps a bit. My mate uses twice the amount of fuel in a week as i use with his carby laser compared to my TX5 EFI.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #28
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak351
they did. as of 1/7/05 we will pay less income tax. it $hits me when every little thing that happens in this country, the government gets blamed.
if people don't like the price of fuel, buy a push bike :
The Goverment has had a huge unexpected windfall since petrol went from 70c to over $1.00 back in 03, what do they do with the extra money ? give some back ? lower fuel tax ? ...no.....they just factor it into the next budget as future earnings they will rely on, as usual the pollies get driven to work for free while the taxpayer gets shafted.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 01:40 PM   #29
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Arg fuel is currently $1.30 for 91 and $1.36 for 96 over here, bloody ridiculous. Let's hope it doesn't get any higher.
I use ultimate in my car, if the price rises to anything around 1.60 to 2.00 i would seriously look at getting out of T3, then the issue of trying to sell a v8 in that climate raises its ugly head.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #30
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

when it comes to fuel we all have to pay extra for everything we buy, so it's not only just gunna hit our pockets hard when we go to the bowser. But everything in the supermarket will go up too to cover the cost of transport. and to make things wiorse the government will do NOTHING about it.
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post