Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default SEQ rain event / flooding.

Well it looks like the rain has finally eased here in SEQ but we may get a bit more by Saturday, before the sun returns next week. How many of you have been adversly affected by this rain event ?

I have had the last week off work and looks like a few more days to come once the sun comes out. The Turf farm where I work is still under water [no it's not Glenview turf] and it will take a few days for the sun to dry things up so we can harvest again.

This gets me thinking how many of you were affected by the wet stuff ?

For me it's no work no pay...

Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B mobile

Bugger. I suppose ti will take a week or two to dry out after. I heard that we can expect a wet March.

I'm lucky (or unlucky sometimes) I work indoors so the rain won't stop me.
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
zdcol71
zdcol71

Yesterday when I woke up,I was almost going to post a request for blueprints to start on an ark. I personally am getting a bit jack of it, I have had a concretor booked for nearly a month to pour my slab so I can put up the shed so I can start the resto...The only one in my family remotely enjoing it any more is the dog, who now has a mud pit to play in where ther should be a shed for me to play in!
Ps, I hope it is beneficial to those that need it.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B mobile
Well it looks like the rain has finally eased here in SEQ but we may get a bit more by Saturday, before the sun returns next week. How many of you have been adversly affected by this rain event ?

I have had the last week off work and looks like a few more days to come once the sun comes out. The Turf farm where I work is still under water [no it's not Glenview turf] and it will take a few days for the sun to dry things up so we can harvest again.

Sadly mate your no work no pay experience is about to exacerbate due to rain coming in Friday and staying round most of Saturday Sunday.

Tke your last shekel out to Supercheap and get some sandpaper you can take to the B mobile .

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well the state disaster communication centre is staying open over the weekend due to the nature of the weather, it just won't seem to bugger off.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Letf Brisbane headed for Albury on Wed had one fine day. Now its raining again. Its starting to get abit old thats for sure. Seems i have bought the rain here with me, oh its just like home : only colder
Old 05-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
290v
290v

We would love some of that rain in Adelaide my front lawn has gone dry dust had no rain for months i think Birdsville, Moomba & Alice Springs has had more rain this last few months than Adelaide has in the last 6 months
Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

here at Miriam Vale ( between Bundaberg and Gladstone ) we have had 1100mm of rain since it first started in the middle of december. thats equal to our long term average yearly rainfall. before that we has 16mm between early may and the middle of december and that was in about 4 small showers that hardly settled the dust. we have gone from looking like a desert to a swamp. but i prefer the swamp look.

i am waiting to build a house and my shed , signed the builders contract for the house and and it hasn`t stoped raining since. need to get earth moving machines in to prepare the site but at the moment i wouldn`t even drive a landcruiser across it.

heaps of jobs at work getting put off because of no access into the padocks with the trucks. if we do have to go out on breakdowns we only take the landcruisers and spend half our time getting out of bogs. most of the roads are cut by flooded creeks after every good shower now and of the 6 guys that work in our depot i am the only one that can get to work when it floods. hmmmm..... thinking maybe i should move out of town and get a few wet days off.

atleast we dont have the floods like their getting in western QLD. gotta feel for those folk.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
Big Bird 17

Its put my new garage back a couple of months :
Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 17
Its put my new garage back a couple of months :
I got some good news tonight, my concretor has just rung and tells me he will be round first thing in the morning to pour my slab!!Whoohoo. There will be a work bee on the 20/27 to put the shed up then it's all systems go for the fairlane. + I can put the back yard back into order.
Saw a picture in the paper today of St George almost under water and Anna Bligh outside the pub where I've spent many a "happy hour" so all my best wishes to all out west, and hope when the water recedes your'e able to kick on and have as good an outcome as I have