Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Some small changes

I've a few things changed on the Focus recently.

Firstly, I had the rear section of the exhaust changed. It's been almost 1.5 years since I had it installed and I've loved it, but at the end of the day, it is a loud system and I thought it was time to take the edge off it.

The Mazda 3 Xforce system which is fitted to the car has two rear options: a tail-pipe system, ie. no rear muffler (which is what I have), or a big cannon muffler (won't fit on a Focus due to the rear bumper - this is probably a good thing :P).

So i've had it changed from this:

To this:

This was a custom job by the guys down at Auto Xcess in Melbourne. They originally installed my exhaust and come highly recommended.

The result? The note is deeper and a little more quiet, which is nice.

I am quite happy as the exhaust now has the stock look, with the downward facing stainless tip, but is obviously still straight-through / more free-flowing.

I also picked up some new tyres. Loads and loads of grip, and a more comfortable ride compared to the previous set (Marangoni Mythos).

DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

mmmm RE001 Adrenalins..OM NOM NOM NOM

Car's looking good man. Must get together with some of the other Focus boys/girls and compare exhausts sizes lol

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Top notch work as usual.

Definitely a fan of the stock look with the exhaust, hope to eventually upgrade my exhaust with something totally hidden.

On another note, your wheels must take a little while to clean? Mine are pretty painful
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Thanks guys.

Russ, my wheels are also a real pain to clean, 15 spokes x 4 wheels = 60 spokes to clean. Not good.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Superb work as usual DZ.
You always make incredibly clean, tasteful, and effective mods.
An absolute credit to you
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
casabonka
You can call me Chris

60 spokes would equal me driving around with a clean car and filthy brake dust stained rims!!
You clearly are a patient man!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
mohit

Nice set of updates looking good
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks agian guys. Hopefully this helps some of you looking to upgrade the LS/T/V exhaust in the future.

And by the way, if any of you do end up getting a header for the Focus, you'll need to do this spark plug anti-fouler modification to your rear (second) 02 sensor to stop the CEL light coming on. Alternatively, custom engine tuning can turn the rear 02 sensor off. The cheater harness from european-parts does not work as it only affects the front O2 sensor on our cars.

Last edited by DZFord; 12-06-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 15-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

You probably already know this, but to make the cleaning the wheels easier, give them a really good wash then use a good quality paint cleaner/polish wax. These guys are a site sponsor: http://waxit.com.au/products.asp?cat=29

I've treated 3 of my wheels so far...12 hours later, still have one to go
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Russ, I wasn't aware of wax sealant for wheels. Sounds like it takes time (12 hours!) but well worth it in the long run.