Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
badashxr8
Starter Motor

Default auII xr8 ute radio codes

G'day everyone, just joined, awsum forum! Anyway ill get to the point, i just bought myself a auII xr8 ute but the radio needs a code. dealership didnt have it and i cant get to a ford dealership during bussness hours, can anybody help me out with this? oh yeh its the six cd stacker version.

badashxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
irdonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate,

I was under the impression if you ask a Ford dealer nicely and give your VIN etc. they just retrieve it off their computer system?

They're also sometimes recorded in car's log books or manual. Have a look in your glove box if you haven't already. Mine was on a piece of tape stuff in there. It'll be four digits.

Cheers
Old 03-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Some pre delivery TAs sometimes right it on the back of the fuse panel too.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYS_XR8
Some pre delivery TAs sometimes right it on the back of the fuse panel too.
If they do that they should be sacked, code should not be written anywhere on the vehicle

only way to get the code is from a ford dealer and you will need the VIN
Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
badashxr8
Starter Motor

already done all those things apart from the fuse box. the bloke at the local ford dealer ship wouldnt give me any info, i gave him the VIN number and everything and i explained to him why i couldnt come to the dealership. i didnt think it was such a big deal just for a code but obviously im wrong.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by badashxr8
already done all those things apart from the fuse box. the bloke at the local ford dealer ship wouldnt give me any info, i gave him the VIN number and everything and i explained to him why i couldnt come to the dealership. i didnt think it was such a big deal just for a code but obviously im wrong.
it shouldnt be but some dealers are about it
Old 04-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #7
badashxr8
Starter Motor

thanks for the help everyone but it looks like it was all in vain. i managed to get the code over the phone (it helps when the dude you talk to happens to have been in the same year at school as i was!), put it in, didnt work, rang back, double checked it, tried again still error.

Turns out if it still has error on the screen even if its the right code the head unit is stuffed. so there you go, learn sumthing new everyday.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
irdonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could this be a result of a headunit changed for another one at some stage? I imagine if the head unit was stuffed (not playing CDs etc.), you'd still be able to unlock it.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #9
peterban
AULTD

I had this problem when Ford disconnected the battery for some reason.
I drove home and went to put the radio on and it said code.
I had the code and put it in and it said error so I tried again, still said error.
Rang Ford and they told me to bring it down and for $10 they would enter the code.
I went down and said that it was them that caused the problem and I wasn't happy with paying the $10. They looked up the code on their computer and it gave them the same number I already had.
They had to take out the head unit and write down the serial number from the back of the unit, enter this in the computer and it then gave a different code which they entered and this worked.
They didn't charge me ( very generous !!!) and said that it may have had a changeover unit installed at some stage as PANUP has mentioned
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #10
badashxr8
Starter Motor

yeh i gave them the serial number off the radio itself just to be 100% sure. apparently that was the replacement for the original that stuffed up so their aint much i can do about it. though im going to get a new head unit now anyway. after reading about all the horror stories associated with the ford standard fare im probably better off.