Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
james

Default HSV has a track option now

http://www.hsv.com.au/news/2005/track_pack.htm

This is a pretty cool option would be better though on an FPV.

It would be nice to have if you wanted to do some track work or drag racing and i guess this stuff would be warranted.

but if it was ford knowing them they wouldnt want to touch the car if it has been on any race track.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 09:07 AM   #2
paul7v7
bring it on

that is a bloody good idea good on HSV...yeah i doubt ford or fpv would do such a thing :(
Old 02-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

For the weekend racer with more $$ than mechanical ability.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
james

HSV must be confident in the drivetrain to run semi-slicks they are similar tyres they run on GT3 spec Porsches

about 600 each :P
Old 02-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a very good idea, and why not, lots of HSV owners compete in track days with the HSV owners club.
I doubt ford would ever have the balls to introduce anything like this, its like they frown on anyone using their product for any racing activities..
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
BuuBox

That *almost* makes me want to buy a 6 litre clubsport. Nice option, it'd be great to see Ford doing something similar.

Wouldn't hold my breath, though :(
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
XRO6
On the hunt for grunt

Nice try by HSV. But I can bet if you break the thing on a race track there will be NO warranty!
Old 02-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #8
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Seems like Holdent has the jump on the the GTHO here. I'm still waiting to see a repeat performance of the governments squash of the phase 4.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The government would never crush a Holden, it'd be too "unaustralian"... sad really
Old 02-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRO6
Nice try by HSV. But I can bet if you break the thing on a race track there will be NO warranty!
I seriously doubt they would release a track option when its made for the track and not offer any warranty. It may be limited though. If they didnt disclose that when buying it and something did break then i doubt many customers would come back.

Id love giving that thing a fang on the track.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #11
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
HSV Leather Short Shifter – for the M12 Tremec six speed gearbox.
M12? Since when hasn't it been called the T56? Same box right?

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #12
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Cool idea, but wouldnt the Ford equivelent be a FPR Track pack? and FPR arent really setting the world alight at the moment...
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
Cool idea, but wouldnt the Ford equivelent be a FPR Track pack? and FPR arent really setting the world alight at the moment...
Yeah ive heard nothing about HSVs. All the bad shit ive heard is about FPV.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #14
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
M12? Since when hasn't it been called the T56? Same box right?

-Stu
M12 is a version of the T56.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #15
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yeah ive heard nothing about HSVs. All the bad shit ive heard is about FPV.
Ah what? What I meant is that it would be pretty hard for FPV to market a track pack presumably as a FPR track pack because FPR arent doing very well in the V8s at the moment? I'm not ragging FPV at all.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ah what? What I meant is that it would be pretty hard for FPV to market a track pack presumably as a FPR track pack because FPR arent doing very well in the V8s at the moment? I'm not ragging FPV at all.
Oh alright man didnt know what you meant. Oh i still havent heard any bad news about HSVs. Whether thats because there arent any or whether they want to keep the lips sealed about it is something i dont know
Old 02-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #17
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
If anything, *if* FPV were to do something like HSV, they have to market it as SBR, even though that they already released special edition models celebrating SBR's success last year.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:33 PM   #18
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Once more FPV have been stooged...

Let me just say the SBR special editions are **** weak. WOW a sticker, badge and different rims.. Jeez I want one! sleep:
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #19
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Thumbs down

Oh the irony of this.

One of the stated aims of Ford and FPV has long been (well the last couple of years anyway) to offer a range of enhancement options for selected models although I suspect they would have been more rice oriented than hard core anyway. Once again they (FPV) have been beaten to the punch by an organisation that appears to be more in tune with their customer base - just when I thought that some of their recent decisions showed signs of weakness in their market strategies. Good on them.

According to HSV these build packs will enjoy normal warranty as long as they are used in a "reasonable manner" - the spokesgerbil I got on the phone defined this as the odd track day or visit to the strip rather than hard core use but that's so far in front of the FPV "drive it like you're a timid granny" warranty that it doesn't matter.

All I can say is BAH. : :

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #20
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Great idea for the enthausiast,should be interesting to see how much the package will cost.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #21
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Oh god, watch out for the morons who think 'dealer team spec' makes it the same driveline as the V8s.....

Still, that's a ripper of an idea. Even though it's almost 40 years old. If only Ford would do the same thing.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #22
XplodE
Smashed Gecko Racing

Bit of a rip off of the DJR 320 aint it?

Sounds like a rather simmilar thing....
XplodE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #23
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
The Ford equivalent would be an FPV track pack. Where do you get FPR in all this? HSV "dealer team spec" makes no refference to HRT, so FPR are irrelevant.

Good on HSV. Yet again they leave ford/FPV behind. Will FPV ever get the jump on HSV? Just for once I'd like to see that happen.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #24
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It's parked next to a HSV Dealer Team car, which is (one of) the factory team?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #25
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i think if anyone wanted to go hardcore they would use it as a base to start from and upgrade stuff. I agree with Russ i think the aim of it is for the odd track day and used in a reasonable manner. Anyone whos hardcore doesnt take a stock car all the time they modify it to suit the conditions-well anyone whos smart does.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #26
XRQTOR
Banned

Wonder how many ford fans will jump camp because of this, hell the car is covered by warrenty at the track and strip its a fantastic idea.

HSV are listening to what their customers want, a thing FPV could learn about.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 07:43 PM   #27
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
The Ford equivalent would be an FPV track pack. Where do you get FPR in all this? HSV "dealer team spec" makes no refference to HRT, so FPR are irrelevant.

Good on HSV. Yet again they leave ford/FPV behind. Will FPV ever get the jump on HSV? Just for once I'd like to see that happen.
HSV Dealer Team..... the team in the V8 Supercars

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/teams/...p?ind=M&tid=70

If it didnt have anything to do with the V8 Supercar team I thought they'd call it something more catchy or something with a more technical name and the picture in the Press Release has a picture of HSV Dealer Teams truck..
Old 03-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #28
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:

If they were then the FPR Track Pack would actually be slower than the standard model :
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 09:06 AM   #29
D_XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
If they were then the FPR Track Pack would actually be slower than the standard model :
Sad but true....

I have to agree with Russ, just when we thought that HSV had started to loose thier way and they hit the market with exactly what a good portion of their customers want, with "ye old warranti".

FPV, your move...
Old 03-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #30
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_XR8
Sad but true....

I have to agree with Russ, just when we thought that HSV had started to loose thier way and they hit the market with exactly what a good portion of their customers want, with "ye old warranti".

FPV, your move...
It’s been their move for some time. The frustrating thing about this sort of news is that it isn't hard and in most cases a fairly simple mindset to execute. Nothing HSV do should come as a surprise, the moves are pretty transparent. Like the cars they sell, the company doesn’t stand still waiting to get hit.

Perception it might be, but constantly changing colours doesn't advance the breed. While FPV roll out corrections to mistakes that should never have been made in the first place, HSV promote the appearance of being in touch and evolving. The appearance that something is always happening, the appearance of being first with new innovations. I can't bring myself to acknowledge technology because it isn't. Undoubtedly when FPV do catch up, the elements will most likely have a higher degree of sophistication; however the high ground is never taken by talk alone. Look what happened to Anakin.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post