Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy One less Tickford car on the road... for now :(

Hi folks

You may remember me from such films as "the un******* XR6" and "the greg murphy fan club".

I am here to tell you that yesterday, Monday 31st October, I was rear ended by a ING HOLDEN! Sitting in traffic, stopped for I dunno a good 5 or 10 seconds on Cecil Ave in Cannington, minding my own business. 17 Year old P Plated holden driver decides it would bea smart idea to see if her brakes worked. Seems they didn't and she pelted me at what im guesing was about 40-50km/hr in the ***.

A tribute ot the XR6's brakes, I had them on and the car didnt move an inch Smile Anyway, so I turn into the carpark which we were parked directly opposite, got out and had a look.... Needless to say my rear end is toast :/ Currently its sat at Lombardi's in Bentley and hopefully the chicks insurance will cover me (because obviously mine wont).

The girl was ok, she smacked her head on the steering wheel on impact (seat belt obviously was faulty/not worn properly) and other than being a bit shaky and very apologetic she seemed ok. It was her brothers car so hmmmm.

I wasn't angry with her at all, after all accidents do happen. But I am sorta peeved still at the fact that my car is now unusable, im just hoping to high hell its not a write-off :/

Until next time folks, seeya round on my 20" rimmed, independant front and rear suspension rice-mountain-bike!

- Shane, a very sore and sorry ex-tickford owner :(

Last edited by clontarf_x; 01-11-2005 at 11:17 PM.
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

No good. Isn't your car a AUIII XR6 ST? One of only 125 built?

Anyway, hope it gets fixed asap.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is quite correct, which is why im praying it isnt a write-off! Thanks for ya support
Old 01-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holy heck... bit of a shame.
hope you find out its repairable and have it back on the road quick smart..

yep accidents do happen but they only really happen because of peoples lack of skills etc..... I cant believe you werent angry.. wow, congrats for that (I bet the woman that smashed into my car wished she had someone like yourself - I went off my nut at her : )

good luck
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

this thread is useless without pics? :P

Glad to hear your ok (well, both drivers). Hopefully it wont be a write off (theres not as much stuff in the rear of the car as the front - and you managed to drive it to safety, which is a positive).
Old 01-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha yeah when I get the camera pics developed I will try and scan them and post them up (I bought a 10 bucks disposable camera from the chemist, RIPPED OFF!!!)

Yeah I was a bit suprised I didnt jump down her throat, I almost love my car as much as my partner lol. Yeah im fine, just a bit of a sore back and neck, already been to the hospital and its all good.

Funny thing is the car was due for a service

Dont worry mate, just service the front end dont worry bhout the back, its a bit of a mess at the moment :P
Old 01-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Update :: Claim has been put in, initial quote from repairer

$7038.72

Time for a second job if the insurance doesnt feel like paying hey....
Old 01-11-2005, 07:22 PM   #8
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
clontarf_x Update :: Claim has been put in, initial quote from repairer

$7038.72

Time for a second job if the insurance doesnt feel like paying hey....
WOW... thats huge...... is there a reason the insurance company might not pay though!!!!!!!!!
if they dont pay then the girl that hit you will have to...
Hope it all works out for you
Old 01-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
HOON69
Banned

god damn i woulda been spewing ay
hope she's fixed to near perfection
and yeah hope it works out for you..

def abit of $$$$$ involved with rear enders ay hope insurance pays out.

cheers
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #10
max^power
Formerly au^ute

hope your neck and back are ok, i'd say they're worth more to you than your car. Hope it all gets fixed up with no injury/hassle.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #11
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Yikes! Good thing is you're ok and she's ok. Hopefully the repairs are done to your liking. Have you been told how long the ST will be off the road for?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #12
turboute
turboute

There is no way you could be in the wrong from what you have told us. Getting rear ended is always the person who runs into the back of the others fault.

If she/ her brother has insurance then it will have to pay out.

Also even is you back is the slightest bit sore - you can get down to the physio for free back rubs for the next month or so...
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #13
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear man, i hope its not a write off, hey just wondering, what is the AUIII XR6 ST's?? 125 built? what were special about them ?

thanks
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #14
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think from memory ST's are pretty much AU3's on steroids, with all the leftover parts stuck on them like XR8 bodykit (rebel? not sure), the TE50 rims, something to do with suspension and whatnot.

All I know is people go omg its an ST.... im still not sure whats so special myself though lol. Even one of the young kids at the ford dealer down the road knows about em, but has never seen one?

As for injuries I've already been check out with the hospital so im all good, just a bit tender. as for the possible why my insurance my not cover it, it has the wrong coloured sticker on the window :/

Thanks for ya support guys, its good to know people I dont know still share the pain Updates as they come

(L) Shane
Old 01-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
Kryton

sorry to here.
im gonna have to say though that your car will be a write off. it sucks but such is life and life with insurance companies.
at the end of the day though your pocket should be fine as it wasnt your fault. if, at the worst, you wont have the car and youll be out of pocket by $400 or so (premium) but you should either have a replacement car or a fat cheque in the mail.
hope it all goes well.

edit: just read that you have the wrong coloured sticker on the window. this isnt good. infact the person that hit you can actually claim damages against you as you werent meant to be on the road. i doubt your insurance agency will pay out and i doubt the hers will either.
i hope im wrong.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 11:08 PM   #16
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

sticker... as in ... pink??

uh oh.... if so!

sorry to hear it mate!

rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #17
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
sorry to here.
im gonna have to say though that your car will be a write off. it sucks but such is life and life with insurance companies.
at the end of the day though your pocket should be fine as it wasnt your fault. if, at the worst, you wont have the car and youll be out of pocket by $400 or so (premium) but you should either have a replacement car or a fat cheque in the mail.
hope it all goes well.
Not neccesarily. My EFII copped $8k worth of damage, was insured for $20k and was repaired. So dont give up just yet.

Quote:
edit: just read that you have the wrong coloured sticker on the window. this isnt good. infact the person that hit you can actually claim damages against you as you werent meant to be on the road. i doubt your insurance agency will pay out and i doubt the hers will either.
i hope im wrong.
Just peel the sticker off it now, they'll have no proof :. I think you're getting a bit too pessimistic Davway.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:18 PM   #18
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
sticker... as in ... pink??

uh oh.... if so!

sorry to hear it mate!

rob
Haha no not pink, yellow or red nothing that major

seems one of the few days I forget my permit is the day I get smacked :/

And RE BELOW :: yeah rego was overdue :/

Last edited by clontarf_x; 02-11-2005 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Clarification of "Wrong Sticker"
Old 01-11-2005, 11:41 PM   #19
Danny
GT4.

I dont get what you mean about the sticker... Was your rego overdue? I don't get it.

Good luck anyways and sorry about the car.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 AM   #20
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Not neccesarily. My EFII copped $8k worth of damage, was insured for $20k and was repaired. So dont give up just yet.

Just peel the sticker off it now, they'll have no proof :. I think you're getting a bit too pessimistic Davway.
as is mentioned above. the wrong sticker, which i assumed was overdue rego and it was.
not that pessimistic really.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #21
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Sorry to hear about ur loss hopefully it gets all sorted any pics (not that you prob wanna keep seeing your smashed car over and over) luckily ur ok
Old 12-11-2005, 11:06 PM   #22
R0bb0
AUII XR8 220

Don't know why I am saying this as it is what makes my rego more expensive, but you could look into suing her third party insurance for damages to your neck and back. One of my mates got rear-ended and his wife got whiplash. They got enough to by a block of land to build on.
R0bb0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:21 PM   #23
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bb0
Don't know why I am saying this as it is what makes my rego more expensive, but you could look into suing her third party insurance for damages to your neck and back. One of my mates got rear-ended and his wife got whiplash. They got enough to by a block of land to build on.
And your freind got heaps of money that for an injury that will heal ! And I bet they complain about the price of their insurance going up all the time ! Works both ways !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #24
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

UP-DATE-D

The insurance gods have smiled upon me.

After many scares, threats and very angry sounding assesors and confuzzled Just Car callcentre employees, Lombardis have been given the green light to start repairs to my vehicle, at no cost to me at all!

But its still a 1 month wait until i get my car back... im getting ignition barrel syndrome. Everytime i go to turn a lock i keep expecting the purr of the vct and the slight whistle of the intake...

*wipes a tear*

More updates as they come to hand... and yes the photos are coming... gotta get off my slack *** and get them developed
Old 13-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #25
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Excellent news mate.
Old 13-11-2005, 09:35 PM   #26
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yes, that is great news.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:08 PM   #27
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats great news... much better than you were thinking eh!!!!!
:1syellow1

Cheers
Old 14-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #28
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And it gets even better! I hitched a ride home with the Head Repairer, names Arthur, top bloke.

Anyway, I sweet talked him a bit and it turns out my car is gonna be ready mid-next week...

If only he were a woman... in fact i think when I was sitting next to him in his Statesman it really wouldn't of mattered

*Shane is in love*
Old 01-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #29
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, news just in

After 1 month, and 3 days, I get my baby back.

Ford are sending the rear bar mesh to Lombardis tommorow morning, and I am picking it up that afternoon. I think I will ball my eyes out when I see her being polished, cleaned and strolling out the front of lombardis tommorow.

Wish me luck lads
Old 01-12-2005, 09:08 PM   #30
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and yes the crash photos ARE coming, as soon as I get the car back im driving to the shops n then me folks to scan the pics up

i dont think I wanna see them again, im only just getting over my nightmares lol :/