Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Default BA airbox into AU PICS

hey guys, a few of you were asking for pics of my latest "" mod "" on the AU.

I couldnt find any piping to go from the throttle body to the airbox, so i am gettin a good friend to make me up a 3 inch stainless steel pipe, which will look very nice indeed!!!

It is JUST touching the bonnet when it is closed making the bonnet sit about 2 mm higher than the other side, this will be fixed on the weekend with a file and a beer.

This mod actually made a difference i thought, it seems to feel alot more smoother and quicker after an ECU reset and the airbox.

The BA lid is ALOT taller than the AU one and i think it creates some more air flow speed somehow.
I am running a K&N panel filter at the moment, might change it to a K&N pod to see if there is a big difference.
anyhow, here are some pics.

my CUSTOM PIPING!!!!! :hihi:

sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
sfr rob

oh i might add....

One of the reasons it is a pain in the neck to fit is: the outlet where you connec tyour piping to the airbox is pointing to the LEFT where as the AU lid points straight making it easy to connect.
Old 14-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think it looks neat but i like and preffer the look of the AU airboxes. good job

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
sfr rob

i seem to like the BA box heaps more, it looks alot cleaner IMO.
Old 14-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good job sfr rob
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
max^power
Formerly au^ute

looks ok mate, what's it like inside?
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
sfr rob

what do you mean.. inside ?
.. hmm i still dont understand what you mean.
Old 14-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #8
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Good little bit of custom work their sfr rob.
Old 15-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #9
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Nice job ..... I think what 'max^power' meant by what's it like inside, meaning is it the same layout inside the BA airbox as in the AU airbox ? eg .. same size filter ?/ larger ?/ smaller ? / more room in the box etc etc. I am curious of this too because if its the same size filter&density inside ( same as the AU filter ) i couldn't really see it doing much difference even if the box was a tadd bigger . And if it's different to the AU filter (eg. AU size filters won't fit in it ) then it wouldn't suprise me being a BA airbox/filter that it would prolly cost more for a filter for it too / being newer . Nice job though anyways, looks good.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #10
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmmmmm, now where have I seen this before?? Pod it, I have a spare if you want to "test" it before purchasing one, have got the insert too (pod mount). What's the $$ estimate on the 3" intake pipe?? I have to look into purchasing 1 for mine also. Mine's only ever had the BA airbox so don't know for certain if they're any better, but have been told many times it's a big improvement over the AU type. If you want it to clear the bonnet, easy, just install BA skirt/s, then while your at it whack the whole BA front on, that'll solve the bonnet problem. :
Old 15-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #11
sfr rob

hahahahaha
i aint as crazy as you man!, the XR50 ront bar installation is as bad as a full front end conversion IMO... i will never go fibreglass again!
PIPING>>>I havent got a quote off him, he is just a mate and said he will try andget one banged up soon-ish for me, so i dont know what he will charge, if anything.

anyway.....
the BA box IS bigger, the lid is taller, It is shaped a bit differently on the inside and it has more grooves etc for air flow.
the Air filters arnt the same either.