Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-06-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
Dez
Banned

Default 2 feet from your own house

Just about to head off to work half an hour ago...interior lights on

uh oh, must have left a door open, hope the battery isnt flat.

doors are unlocked? whats that on the seat?

some absolute low life maggot has broken in stolen my head unit, speakers, CD wallet, and my actual wallet

im just that crushed at the moment....have called the cops etc, but not expecting anything major there....told them that as i was on the phone to him, i saw a pretty clear hand print on the passenger side above the door where they got in...they also left a torch in the boot...but this isn't CSI, so yeah, looks like its all gone
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
hambo_12

that absolutely sucks, so close to the house too, must have been a game person!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got my house done over while I was out for an hour. I've also had my car done over while I was at a restaurant having dinner for 2 hours. House insured but the car wasn't. It's no fun at all. Expect when the brand new stufff arrives

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:59 AM   #4
devil cv8

I had the wheels stolen from my VY SS parked in my driveway last year, and I sleep at the front of the house under 5m away from the car, and went to bed after midnight, so they were very quiet removing the holden locknuts and taking the rims. From investigations I have made, the culprit observed me getting 2 new tyres the day before, and decided to take them that night. A buyer out of town was already organised.

revenge is sweet. (especially when served cold) I won't say anymore than that.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
hambo_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
Please tell!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
Twisted
Contributing Member

Shit man that sucks! Is your insurance full comp or 3rd party?

When we were waiting for our house to be built we were renting in Altona. One night my dads work ute got knocked off from under the carport outside their bedroom window. The then drove down to Cherry Lake and threw all of his tools into the water. Some of those tools he had been given by his dad when he started his apprenticeship over 20 years ago! What sucked the most about it is that they actually threw the tools away and didnt just steal them.

When my house in Darwin was broken into they even stole the chips from the cupboard and a slab of coke from the fridge!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted
When my house in Darwin was broken into they even stole the chips from the cupboard and a slab of coke from the fridge!
Now thats just a bastard act! :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

That sucks. My car was borken into whilst i was parked in the city. It's a great feeling after an 11 hour day in the office, get back to the car and someone has smashed a window to get in. They didnt even take anything, idiots.... even left the wire strippers behind, suggests they were disturbed.

The worst part was they tried to pry their way into the window first - the weather stripping was all hacked up (still trying to repair this) but in the end they just smashed their way in.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #9
Phillo62
Local Riff Raff

It just goes to show you cant trust the general public to keep their greasy mits off other peoples property. Pricks, hope they get caught.

Philthy
Old 08-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #10
Twisted
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Now thats just a bastard act! :
Hell yeah it is!

Haha love the new sig too Shane!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #11
Dez
Banned

i guess i'm lucky in a way that there is no damage (that i can see)

they appear to know what they were doing....the HU was a bitch to install, but looks to have been removed cleanly....no windows broken, so they just got the locks open...

insurance, ill probably get $300 for the stereo....the wallet was left in the car because i dont carry cash, there was maybe $20 in it....so thats nothing major, just the inconveniece of cancelling and re ordering a license, bank cards etc...
Old 08-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #12
Danny
GT4.

Sorry to hear Dez. Some people just need to be shot. They must have been prertty quiet to get all that while you slept.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #13
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Moral of the wallet issue is dont leave valuables in the car. and i hope you have cancelled asap. but yes it sucks but thats life.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:02 AM   #14
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Sorry to hear Dez. Some people just need to be shot. They must have been prertty quiet to get all that while you slept.
my old man snoring probably would have helped them. lol

nah the dogs would have been going crazy, they would have been at the side fence, which would put them about 5 meters from the car...and the low life scum bags were on the passenger side of the car, putting them on the side closest to the fence....

what can ya do ay..i'll check out cash converters, but i'm not expecting any miracles....

i always planned to get an alarm, but you know how it is....you just put things on the side for a while and they dont get done.....but hindsight is mad, and i'll more than likely get 1 soon...

any suggestions as to a half decent alarm system? doesnt have to have too many flash features, just not bottom of the barrel....and where to get it installed to be safe?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #15
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs casper
Moral of the wallet issue is dont leave valuables in the car. and i hope you have cancelled asap. but yes it sucks but thats life.
yeah the wallet was probably more valuable than anything in it....but i know thats not the point...My mum always tells me to take the face plate off even when im at home, but you just dont think like that day to day, well i dont anyway....

i've cancelled all my atm cards and the license, so they have been re issued already....just have to wait for em....the only other card in the wallet of value was my free entry to bar 20 card. lol

unless they use my membership card and go play tennis....shit, they'll even have my tennis victoria personal accident insurance...
Old 08-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #16
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
i always planned to get an alarm, but you know how it is....you just put things on the side for a while and they dont get done.....but hindsight is mad, and i'll more than likely get 1 soon...

any suggestions as to a half decent alarm system? doesnt have to have too many flash features, just not bottom of the barrel....and where to get it installed to be safe?
Well Dez, to start with... DONT MAKE COMMENTS LIKE THIS!!!! :

If I saw this (and I have prior to this thread) I''d know you DONT have an alarm. I could then go and look at another recent thread where you and LG discussed your stereos and know its worth a decent amount.
Next step, easy to find out your in Hoppers.

Etc etc etc.

Basically, you have, in all your posts, given any likely theif the information needed to know when to hit and close enough to where. They have pics of your car and a known piece of equipment in your car...and they know you DONT have an alarm.

Time to start learning that the forums can be used for evil as well as good.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #17
martin
Starter Motor

l hate dick heads like that l would go and check out cash convertors or second hand
shops that are close to you because they could probley be selling them to get drugs
l hope you hear some good news soon
martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #18
Spaniard

That seriously sucks. You wouldn't even think that people would have the guts to do something to a car in front of a house!

Hope that the coppers find the bastard(s) with the fingerprints! Let's see if they can do their jobs.
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #19
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
That seriously sucks. You wouldn't even think that people would have the guts to do something to a car in front of a house!

Hope that the coppers find the bastard(s) with the fingerprints! Let's see if they can do their jobs.
thats not possible

"well, ahhh, it'd have to be 100% perfectly clear to be able to get a fingerprint off it"

so they didnt even bother....

casper, i know mate, but I only said that because of the fact that there is nothing in there to steal anymore. its all gone

and that the alarm will be the first thing in. no stereo etc before alarm this time.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:29 PM   #20
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez, real shame Dez. Only thing i can say, is get your cards etc back and get back into work, to make up what was stolen. Maybe look at going more stealth (ie no flashy speaker covers), & promote your stereo less.

Wherever i go, even at my own house my car is locked up. And if they really want the stuff, they will always get it. It's only a matter of making it hard for them. Time to get screamers put in! hehe suckers.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #21
Dez
Banned

yeah its hard to cover speakers in my car because of the way the shelf is etc....all the cards are sorted out now though...just an inconveniece

looking into house and contents insurance policy, as it may cover it.

AAMI just said that they will pay something like $750 for my stereo with my third party insurance (even though i thought it was only up to $300) but then there is a $450 excess...so i'll have to sit down and work it all out later.

Just as i get on a roll with the savings, after having bought everythin i wanted for the moment, this happens. and i'll ba back to square 1
Old 08-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a bitch! My mate got his head unit ripped out of his laser. That wasnt the worst bit. Instead of taking it out clean they destroyed all the centre console. Cost more to get that fixed than the HU is worth. Ive had a coupla people case my car for my system. Ive even seen people walk through a college carpark with stereos in their hands they just stole. Some people are just plain arseholes. Hope it all gets sorted for ya without much fuss.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #23
AdzT3-146
own the road

bad luck dez, hope it all turns good for ya.
it's the worst when goods gets stolen from ya own home.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #24
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

b@$t@rd$
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #25
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
thats not possible

"well, ahhh, it'd have to be 100% perfectly clear to be able to get a fingerprint off it"

so they didnt even bother....
That seems a bit unfair. Anyway, I'm sure that could have got something from the torch. But then again, the coppers probably think of this a low priority thing and don't care!
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #26
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cost of insurance....???

Cost of very large dog and fence???
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:59 PM   #27
Dez
Banned

i've got 2 german shepards....but you don't often park a car in the backyard.....
Old 08-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #28
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Yes but obviously the dogs are not doing a good job. Dogs have a very good hearing and regardless of wether your father was snoring or not they would have alerted.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #29
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
I had the wheels stolen from my VY SS parked in my driveway last year, and I sleep at the front of the house under 5m away from the car, and went to bed after midnight, so they were very quiet removing the holden locknuts and taking the rims. From investigations I have made, the culprit observed me getting 2 new tyres the day before, and decided to take them that night. A buyer out of town was already organised.

Oh, do tell!!!... i also saw a VY SS parked in lilyfield (inner west, sydney) that was sitting out the front of the house on bricks.... no rims.... and coppers fingerprinting the WHOLE thing... by the end of it the car was almost white!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 03:56 PM   #30
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs casper
Yes but obviously the dogs are not doing a good job. Dogs have a very good hearing and regardless of wether your father was snoring or not they would have alerted.
what?

my dogs aren't doing a good job at what? are they supposed to jump the fence and restrain the guy or something like that to be doing a good job?

dogs bark, just like people talk. and when a dog barks, people dont always think there is something happening....especially when your dogs bark at other dogs.

the snoring thing was a joke...