Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ministry of truth

Well the ministry of truth has started yet another propaganda assault against us.

During the V8SC yesterday and a couple of times since I watched an ad for kids remote control cars. A cops and robbers set, NO IT WASN'T. A police car catching the "speeding car".

"Comes complete with police car in current markings and a street drift car".

It then goes on to detail how you can arrest your little brother.

This is the same method used over the years to condition young people against whatever the do gooders are pushing. We already have a generation of teenagers and 20s who pee themselves whenever they see a gun and get physically sick at the thought of hunting.
Riding or driving in the bush is up there with genocide because you might injure a lesser spotted fleebydoo. Smokers and paedophiles are often confused by some people now.

I am deeply offended by this ad that shows simulated speeding and think I should write to complain about it Anyone else?

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Let me know when your ready to start shooting politicians, I'll meet you in George Street...along with quite a few friends...
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh haven't seen this ad at all, and I did watch the racing, must be because the second an advert is on I go off to do something :

Since I am hopeless at searching I will ask instead! Is there a way of viewing it without having to sit in front of the TV all day on the off chance they will play it??

I agree that you should write a complaint if it offends you

You could say that it teaches kids how to learn to speed, and the art of escaping :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

at least theyre fords ;)

i think yas are over reacting a bit.

seriously theres alot worse things in the world to worry about.

But hey if it offends you, The Australian Television watchdog is who u need to contact

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Geez, to think when I played Cops and Robbers we concentrated on real crimes. Like, bank robbery and who ate the last tim-tam.
Old 24-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Geez, to think when I played Cops and Robbers we concentrated on real crimes. Like, bank robbery and who ate the last tim-tam.
That's easy: Oprah.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
magoo66
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
We already have a generation of teenagers and 20s who pee themselves whenever they see a gun and get physically sick at the thought of hunting.
Yeah, guns are fun. Killing things just for the fun of it should be a national pastime and an Olympic sport (end sarcasm).
magoo66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo66
Yeah, guns are fun. Killing things just for the fun of it should be a national pastime and an Olympic sport (end sarcasm).
Quod erat demonstrandum
Old 24-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo66
I completely agree up until the last bit.

How many people googled Quod erat demonstrandum? Go on be honest!
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #10
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, time to get a bit more I think...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #11
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid

It is what QED stands for........
Old 24-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #12
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

yeah i was aware of QED, never knew what it translated to.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Is that what they speak in Latin America? : More seriously gone are the days of people, especially young people, being in a position to make an informed decision for themselves. From a very early age the thought police ram down kids throat "(insert naughtiness here) is bad MMkay?"
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #14
dishpig
Only an xr6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid

guilty

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #15
XlR8TED

Quote:
Quod erat demonstrandum
...so what exactly is your justification for guns or hunting being a good thing? I don't see the problem with a generation of people not seeing a need for firearms or slaughtering animals for 'entertainment'.

Or maybe the extra growth hormones in food these days has ensured the 'manhood' of young men doesn't require compensating for...? :P
XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #16
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex
...so what exactly is your justification for guns or hunting being a good thing? I don't see the problem with a generation of people not seeing a need for firearms or slaughtering animals for 'entertainment'.

Or maybe the extra growth hormones in food these days has ensured the 'manhood' of young men doesn't require compensating for...? :P
Do you see a problem with a generation of people not seeing a need for cars to be able to go over 100km/h or have engines with more than 3 cylinders and 1000cc?

The mere fact that you actually ask this question shows how well the system works. You hate guns and hunting and think that anyone who likes or does it is antisocial and dangerous. 30 years ago you were a weirdo, now you are just an average drone. The system is simple. Take the young people and condition them to believe your propaganda and in a generation you have social change.

Ever seen little kids who are racist? Or intollerant of religion? No? All this is learned as you grow from the propaganda of the adults in charge.
Do you think all of the young German Hitler Youth members were evil by nature?
Are all the young Taliban or Jamal Islamia members misanthropic malcontents by birth?
Are Croations born with a genetic hatred of Serbs?

No, older misanthropic malcontents in their quest for power poison the minds of the young because they are easy to manipulate and control and will do anything if they are made to believe that they are right.

It is also interesting that you use the standard anti-gun statement of "tiny manhood". It is exactly the same slur that has also been recycled with the new "anti-car ads". Apparantly women don't shoot or drive......

Stupid misguided conditioned people believe the propaganda without question and use it at any chance to push their agenda, don't you?
Old 25-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #17
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do you see a problem with a generation of people not seeing a need for cars to be able to go over 100km/h or have engines with more than 3 cylinders and 1000cc?

The mere fact that you actually ask this question shows how well the system works. You hate guns and hunting and think that anyone who likes or does it is antisocial and dangerous. 30 years ago you were a weirdo, now you are just an average drone. The system is simple. Take the young people and condition them to believe your propaganda and in a generation you have social change.

Ever seen little kids who are racist? Or intollerant of religion? No? All this is learned as you grow from the propaganda of the adults in charge.
Do you think all of the young German Hitler Youth members were evil by nature?
Are all the young Taliban or Jamal Islamia members misanthropic malcontents by birth?
Are Croations born with a genetic hatred of Serbs?

No, older misanthropic malcontents in their quest for power poison the minds of the young because they are easy to manipulate and control and will do anything if they are made to believe that they are right.

It is also interesting that you use the standard anti-gun statement of "tiny manhood". It is exactly the same slur that has also been recycled with the new "anti-car ads". Apparantly women don't shoot or drive......

Stupid misguided conditioned people believe the propaganda without question and use it at any chance to push their agenda, don't you?

I must say my IQ increases nearly every time i read one of your posts.
my IQ must be close to 60 by now.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

yep seen the ad .why is all i thought .and i agree with you on the nancy world they creating .future not looking good,gunna have to dig me stash back up soon
Old 26-11-2008, 07:33 AM   #19
XlR8TED

Quote:
You hate guns and hunting and think that anyone who likes or does it is antisocial and dangerous. 30 years ago you were a weirdo, now you are just an average drone. The system is simple. Take the young people and condition them to believe your propaganda and in a generation you have social change.
Well I don't recall saying 'I hate guns', so thankyou for putting words into my mouth. I said that 'I don't see a need'. If you want to go out and hunt, go for your life. My decision to see it as barbaric and pointless isn't due to some ingrained 'propaganda' - it's from me making my own informed decision. It's not for me. I wouldn't enjoy it, just as I wouldn't enjoy playing golf. I was just interested in why you saw it as something that needed to be preserved. Like it's a defining mark of 'manhood' or that we are somehow lesser people now that hunting and guns aren't so popular? A more educated society is usually less violent.

Quote:
Well that was more tongue in cheek, but I would have to say that I have not met or heard of women who enjoy hunting. I'm sure they exist, but there would be fewer of them.

Quote:
That would have to be about the most incorrect description of my personality one could come up with. (I know it wasn't directed just at me) The single most infuriating thing in this world, bar none, is the inability of people to rationalise & think for themselves. It's why Today Tonight and A Current Affair are so popular. I'd also suggest it's why you almost have a legion of loyal fans here who worship half your posts :P I hold the opinions I hold due to my own beliefs, morals and things I read from multiple (credible) sources. I'm always happy to change my stance on things if people can convince me otherwise too. It's my one big annoyance with religion as an institution, but that's another debate all together.
XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #20
irlewy86
Meep Meep

What I don't understand Flappist is the generation who is imposing this "propaganda" is the very same generation who grew up in the gun culture, the days of drink driving, street racing, free love, free drugs, radical thinking, free higher education and yet seem so intent on imposing high levels of control and social commentry on today's youth. So what event made these people want to create "the nanny state" mentality.
Old 26-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #21
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Political correctness.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #22
Hillbilly F Truck

How childish is it to imply that if you like hunting or guns that you would be compensating for a lack of pen*s size, and further that pen*s size is what makes men, men. I don't agree that hunting and guns have become less popular, it has become more/too restricted. Society has never before been so educated and intelligent and yet more violent and unsettled wordwide. So i don't buy your reasoning XRSex.

Last edited by RobRoy; 26-11-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #23
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
What I don't understand Flappist is the generation who is imposing this "propaganda" is the very same generation who grew up in the gun culture, the days of drink driving, street racing, free love, free drugs, radical thinking, free higher education and yet seem so intent on imposing high levels of control and social commentry on today's youth. So what event made these people want to create "the nanny state" mentality.
Actually it is the hippy generation from the 60s who have implemented all this political correctness stupidity.

The media is now the conduit by which the minorities push their agenda. Most politicians now seem more interested in being in power than actually looking after the people so they tend to "go with the flow".

The original point of this thread was to highlight the subliminal "anti-car" nature of this "harmless" toy advertisment.

I used the gun simile as it is a subject with which I am very familiar. It went something like this:

Mintory groups wanted guns removed. (1980-1996)
Media constantly showed stories of deaths involving SEMI-AUTO firearms despite the weapon of choice for criminals and suicides being single shot or bolt action.
Tragedies involving guns got huge amounts of air time while tragedies that did not involve guns were almost ignored. (e.g. Port Arthur, 30 dead, still gets new mentions, Kempsie bus disaster, 30 dead, you probably have never heard of it)
Anti gun curriculum elements were added to state schools.
High profile tragedy (1996 Port Arthur)
Minority groups and media pressure government to solve problem. Guns are restricted and high performance guns are banned, confiscated and destroyed regardless of historical or financial value.
Gun enthusiests vilified in the public arena and many owner just give up and do something else.
Gun crime actually increases but now media is bored and has jumped to new subject.

So what does this have to do with the ad?

How to save lives and cut the road toll by removing performance vehicles:

1) Start vilifying performance car owners by constant "news reports" of events involving grossly excessing speed, dangereous driving, multiple deaths and/or injuries. Make sure each report uses buzz words such as HOON, TURBO, V8 and divide the community by concentrating on a sub group such as P PLATE DRIVERS so the majority are not aware that they are also the target. This will also allow you to use one section of the target against another.

2) To prevent global warming, excess fuel wastage and other popular scams ban and destroy all motor vehicles that are more than 25 years old. This will not affect poor people because they do not drive GTHOs. The only group that will scream will be the HOONS and they are bad people (see item 1). Some people will want to keep their historicly significant collector's items and they can. They are just not allowed to drive them on the road.
Lots of protests and street marches with the media showing hoon like behavior during the reports and interviews will be restricted to the biggest doof doof dropkicks they can find. As the road toll is a "medical problem", the whole car buyback will be financed by a temporary increase in the medicare levy. Of course genuine GTHOs etc will be worth lots but which genuine collectors will allow them to be crushed for 30 pieces of silver? Replicas will be deemed worthless fakes and compensated accordingly.

3) Bring in a "Performance Car Tax". The PCT, say 33% is charged on the entire value of any car that exceeds say 100kw/tonne. Only HOONS buy these cars. This will reduce sales of new high powered vehicles and make then unviable to be manufactured. No more HSV/FPV/XR/SS etc. Remember 1985?

4) Increase penalties for power modifications to ridiculous levels as these modifications are not "climate friendly" and are "anti social HOON behavior". The actual person/company that supplied the mod equipment gets the penalty so if there are no performance shops, there will be no problem.

5) Implement anti-car curriculum and anti-car bias into popular television like Neighbours or Homa and Away. The young need to be aware of this horrible criminal mentality of HOON. They will grow up with a well balanced, logical, justifable fear and hatred of HOONs, HOON CARS and the the old people born in the 1990s.

Nett result:

2028. No new performance cars, old ones gone and the 20 somethings on AFF right now will be my age trying to explain to the 20 somthings of 2028 how it was fun to have a 300rwkw car and driving was a joy while they are being accused of compensation for their "tiny manhood".

AND THE ROAD TOLL WILL BE JUST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE.

OK, this is now a major extrapolation but if you see a spot on your skin or feel a lump in your boob you can either ignore it and hope it is benign or do something about it.
Waiting until chemotherapy is your only hope is not a good option......

Last edited by flappist; 26-11-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 26-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #24
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex

Well that was more tongue in cheek, but I would have to say that I have not met or heard of women who enjoy hunting. I'm sure they exist, but there would be fewer of them.

Guns and hunting are not the same thing.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #25
Hillbilly F Truck

I agree 100% with your last post flappist. The media is used to push govt agenda. I suppose the fact that i agree with you makes me a lemming or a sheep, as was earlier suggested.
Old 26-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #26
StookEB

This thread is quite pathetic and pointless if you ask me. Society changes, I think some people need to get over the fact and realise that they're becoming the "WEIRD" one.
Do you really care what other people think, I know I dont 99% of the time.
These threads make your IQ drop, well it feels like it anyway.
Old 26-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #27
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy
I agree 100% with your last post flappist. The media is used to push govt agenda. I suppose the fact that i agree with you makes me a lemming or a sheep, as was earlier suggested.
No a lemming or sheep does not look at all sides before making their decission. Another sheep characteristic is a total black and white view on a subject. The world is many many shades of grey........
Old 26-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #28
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Actually it is the hippy generation from the 60s who have implemented all this political correctness stupidity.

The media is now the conduit by which the minorities push their agenda. Most politicians now seem more interested in being in power than actually looking after the people so they tend to "go with the flow".

The original point of this thread was to highlight the subliminal "anti-car" nature of this "harmless" toy advertisment.

I used the gun simile as it is a subject with which I am very familiar. It went something like this:

Mintory groups wanted guns removed. (1980-1996)
Media constantly showed stories of deaths involving SEMI-AUTO firearms despite the weapon of choice for criminals and suicides being single shot or bolt action.
Tragedies involving guns got huge amounts of air time while tragedies that did not involve guns were almost ignored. (e.g. Port Arthur, 30 dead, still gets new mentions, Kempsie bus disaster, 30 dead, you probably have never heard of it)
Anti gun curriculum elements were added to state schools.
High profile tragedy (1996 Port Arthur)
Minority groups and media pressure government to solve problem. Guns are restricted and high performance guns are banned, confiscated and destroyed regardless of historical or financial value.
Gun enthusiests vilified in the public arena and many owner just give up and do something else.
Gun crime actually increases but now media is bored and has jumped to new subject.

So what does this have to do with the ad?

How to save lives and cut the road toll by removing performance vehicles:

1) Start vilifying performance car owners by constant "news reports" of events involving grossly excessing speed, dangereous driving, multiple deaths and/or injuries. Make sure each report uses buzz words such as HOON, TURBO, V8 and divide the community by concentrating on a sub group such as P PLATE DRIVERS so the majority are not aware that they are also the target. This will also allow you to use one section of the target against another.

2) To prevent global warming, excess fuel wastage and other popular scams ban and destroy all motor vehicles that are more than 25 years old. This will not affect poor people because they do not drive GTHOs. The only group that will scream will be the HOONS and they are bad people (see item 1). Some people will want to keep their historicly significant collector's items and they can. They are just not allowed to drive them on the road.
Lots of protests and street marches with the media showing hoon like behavior during the reports and interviews will be restricted to the biggest doof doof dropkicks they can find. As the road toll is a "medical problem", the whole car buyback will be financed by a temporary increase in the medicare levy. Of course genuine GTHOs etc will be worth lots but which genuine collectors will allow them to be crushed for 30 pieces of silver? Replicas will be deemed worthless fakes and compensated accordingly.

3) Bring in a "Performance Car Tax". The PCT, say 33% is charged on the entire value of any car that exceeds say 100kw/tonne. Only HOONS buy these cars. This will reduce sales of new high powered vehicles and make then unviable to be manufactured. No more HSV/FPV/XR/SS etc. Remember 1985?

4) Increase penalties for power modifications to ridiculous levels as these modifications are not "climate friendly" and are "anti social HOON behavior". The actual person/company that supplied the mod equipment gets the penalty so if there are no performance shops, there will be no problem.

5) Implement anti-car curriculum and anti-car bias into popular television like Neighbours or Homa and Away. The young need to be aware of this horrible criminal mentality of HOON. They will grow up with a well balanced, logical, justifable fear and hatred of HOONs, HOON CARS and the the old people born in the 1990s.

Nett result:

2028. No new performance cars, old ones gone and the 20 somethings on AFF right now will be my age trying to explain to the 20 somthings of 2028 how it was fun to have a 300rwkw car and driving was a joy while they are being accused of compensation for their "tiny manhood".

AND THE ROAD TOLL WILL BE JUST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE.

OK, this is now a major extrapolation but if you see a spot on your skin or feel a lump in your boob you can either ignore it and hope it is benign or do something about it.
Waiting until chemotherapy is your only hope is not a good option......
If you put 2 and 2 together by your post, not only do you get 4, but the gun scenario and the car scenario are scarily similar.

My IQ goes up every time i read your post, going my the age stereotype, i must be reaching 10 soon .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #29
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
This thread is quite pathetic and pointless if you ask me. Society changes, I think some people need to get over the fact and realise that they're becoming the "WEIRD" one.
Yet you graced us with your presence and wisdom. :
Old 26-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #30
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
So I take it your IQ is so low now that you are not smart enough to avoid these debilitating weapons of mass distraction.

If you don't care what other people think why would you believe that anyone would care about your opinion?
You must though otherwise you would not have published it on a public forum.

Or is your IQ so low that you did not realise that you contradicted yourself?