Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
hobo
Monster Burreuto

Default EA GHIA bits in EA wagon

i am wanting to know if these the following things from an EA ghia sedan can be translplanted into an EA or EB GLi wagon:

LSD centre
door trims - front and back
power windows front and back
climate control
dash
console
trip computer
are all the wiring looms the same?
are the rear doors the same?

that's all i can think of now.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
vanessa0305

I would love to know the answer to this question as well....so I will keep my eye on the tread for knowledgeable replies.
vanessa0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
EF_Frmnt
Banned

Trip computer you will have to wire a few things solder some stuff not too big of a deal.. but the rest should fit in no problems. are you puttin in the complete diff or just the LSD cos sedan and wagon were different im pretty sure.
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #4
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Yes the sedan & wagon diff housing are different due to the coil & leaf springs.

The shape of the rear doors is different, the wagon is the same as Fairlanes. However that is only the frame & fixed glass as far as I know, so the power windows should fit.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
hobo
Monster Burreuto

Quote:
Yes the sedan & wagon diff housing are different due to the coil & leaf springs.
yeah i read in another thread about the diff housing being different so i want swap the centres over.

Quote:
The shape of the rear doors is different, the wagon is the same as Fairlanes. However that is only the frame & fixed glass as far as I know, so the power windows should fit.
would the door trims fit, or im gussing i will need fairlane trims? are they the same as the ghia ones?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Hobo, I was aware you knew that, just clarifying an earlier question. The lower door trims would be fine, but the upper ones you will need Fairlane.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

take a look at www.fordmods.com and u will find help for some of the things u want

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
hobo
Monster Burreuto

outback_ute - yeah thats ok, looks like i will have to go shopping for some door trims.

gthofan - i will have a look, thanks
Old 08-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #9
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo
i am wanting to know if these the following things from an EA ghia sedan can be translplanted into an EA or EB GLi wagon:

LSD centre
door trims - front and back
power windows front and back
climate control
dash
console
trip computer
are all the wiring looms the same?
are the rear doors the same?

that's all i can think of now.
Alright, Ill try and answer as best I can, I'm a glutton for punishment with conversions!!

LSD centre - I have a similar issue, I have a NCII Ghia 3.27LSD diff that I want in my ED GLi wagon. I will just get the centres changed, if you are getting a diff from the same model you should be right, there may be an issue with 25 spline EA diffs versus 28 spline later model ones with the centres. If you are going EA to EA as stated you should be ok.

Door trims - No worries, it will all go in, even the plastic surround around the little 1/4 window on the doors, I did an EL Fairmont Ghia interior conversion on an NA Fairlane that I had a few years back (geeze time flies!) and the little window surrounds went on no worries from SWB to LWB so that was fine!

Power windows/Climate Control/Dash/Trip Computer:

I grouped these in one, now if you have a whole EA Ghia wreck, it is alot easier to swap all the looms over. You will need to change the looms in the doors to cater for the power window motors. You have two options with the rest of the Power window wiring:

1st - Try and isolate the wiring from the Body loom (which is what I am attempting with my NCII Ghia body loom) so you can install it all separately.
2nd - Just change the whole body loom, it isnt a hard job, but you need to relay where it goes in the car.

Climate control is probably easiest done by swapping the entirity of the heater and vent boxes over, then you can just put in the Ghia dash into the wagon complete, that should run the trip computer, cluster and climate control since the wiring is already in the dash loom, and all teh stuff will plug into the engine bay looms no worries as well as the new heater box that you put in!

So basically, no the looms aren't all the same, GL to Ghia are fairly different inside the car, the engine bay looms are the same though, but the rear doors are physically different, however the plastics and everything all install the same!
Hope that helps.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

I suggest to also PM a member of this forum NEB, he's got an EB II Wagon and will be answer your questions with details. Unfortunately mines an EF Wagon so I can't help here.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #11
hobo
Monster Burreuto

MightyEFGhia - wow lot info there, thanks!

mr_efxr - will do, thanks
Old 09-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #12
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

No worries hobo. May as well share the info I have lol.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #13
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

All that stuff should fit in no probs if you have trouble with anything there no doubt will be someone on here that will be able to help you out!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post