Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
XR8_ash
2 wheel pilot, V8 novice.

Default Dodgy car sale with happy ending...

Hi guys,

Well I have just finished my forth (or so) week with my XR8 Ute and I thought I'd tell you all the story. ANYWAY, whan I test drove the car the brakes had a massive shudder (as BA's do) so I asked for that to be fixed, and they did. Good. I also looked at the service history and the latest service had not been stamped/done. As I was buying from a Ford dealer I said I wanted the car serviced before I bought it. No worries mate, says the salesman. Cool. I didn't like the black stripes down the sides so I asked for them to be removed. Done. Awesome I thought.

Soooooo, The salesman drives the car to my place to drop it of a week later and all had been done. New discs, stripes gone, log book service...... I drive the car and there is a massive grinding noise in which the sales guy tells me the new brakes are just bedding in. Hmmmmmmm I don't think so I say.

I take the car to a different Ford dealer. They tell me the diff is whining thus the noise I can hear and the hand brake is rooted. They replace all the rear brakes/hand brake there and then all under warranty but I need to take the car back to the original Ford dealer to have the diff replaced. No worries, I can digg it.

I speak to the service manager and he tells me the diff will be rebuilt in two days. While I was there I told him that the service they done looked a bit dodgie as the filters didn't look new. He said that they never done a service! I went on to say I have your stamp in my book saying it was done last week. The sales manager was NOT happy (not at me but the situation) and demanded to know who sold me the car ........

So back on topic, I was about to call dodgy brothers on the yard for just stamping my book without an actual service but was wrapped at the service provided by the service manager and how quickly he had the service done for me while keeping his word and getting the diff rebuilt and back to me in two days.

XR8_ash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Default Re: Dodgy car sale with happy ending...

Good ending to the story. Well done to the Service Manager; THAT'S customer service.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Nice to hear a good Ford dealer service story for a change.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Nice to hear a good Ford dealer service story for a change.
Hang on a minute... did we read the same story about a Dealer stamping a book without actually doing the work?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Hang on a minute... did we read the same story about a Dealer stamping a book without actually doing the work?
I don't think I made myself clear when I wrote that. I meant it's good to hear a story about a ford dealership actually coming thru and fixing the issues brought up rather than fobbed the owner off and telling him 'bad luck'. Most of the threads on here are tales of woe and sorrow with dealerships, and it's rare to read a story where there has been an issue and its been rectified and a happy ending has occurred.

Sure the dealership should have done what was asked, no dispute there, but the SM or whoever could have lied and said 'yes its been done, goodbye'. Im just saying it good to see a good story for the OP.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Good on the sales manager that you saw. There are some good guys in the dealerships but their hard work can be undone so quickly by the idiots.

I couldnt be happier with my sales man, but as soon as I had the car and had to deal with the service techs...
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
XR8_ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
You sure did read it right Scott. One times stamp , ZERO times service. I can NOT tell you how p1ssed of I was when I checked all the work had been done. I knew the service had not been done so I re checked my service book to prove to myself that they had actually stamped it ..... THEY DID ......

Although I will call shonk on the sales guy, I can't speak highly enough of the service manager who was just as p1ssed as me. They supplied me with all the proper paper work and I checked their work and all filters replaced etc.....
Old 16-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
the SM or whoever could have lied and said 'yes its been done, goodbye'.
That IS what they basically did.
If the owner didnt look, no one would have known.
I hope no one honestly believes that this was a first time work was "done" without actually being done.
Think about others that have paid their own money only to not get a service like they asked for.
I wouldnt be praising this dealership too greatly just because they did what they were caught out on not doing originally.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They way i see it, yes the dealer got caught

The sales guy could be his brother for all we know ....
saam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Excellent to hear there are service managers at Ford with integrity who are prepared to make good on the shortcomings of others.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be honest, it ****** me off that dealers sell cars with obvious defects that need to be fixed under warranty. Often requiring multiple (inconvenient) returns to get the simplest thing fixed, and then we’re supposed to be greatful that they eventually fix the problem that they should have fixed before selling it.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Geez, with that title I was picturing a whole different story! :P
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
To be honest, it ****** me off that dealers sell cars with obvious defects that need to be fixed under warranty. Often requiring multiple (inconvenient) returns to get the simplest thing fixed, and then we’re supposed to be greatful that they eventually fix the problem that they should have fixed before selling it.
how else are they supposed to make money on used cars?

if a car salesman made sure that every car in his yard was well maintained & running 110% then he would become very broke very quickly
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it's ok for them to make their profits by ripping people off? That's called FRAUD, is a criminal offence and can result in gaol time if the case is proved.
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Its nice to get a happy ending with a service.

But for serious's, good to see them step up and correct it, and great to see some positive Ford service stories popping up here again !
Old 18-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HMMmm! wouldn't trust that mob!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham7773
So it's ok for them to make their profits by ripping people off? That's called FRAUD, is a criminal offence and can result in gaol time if the case is proved.
read my post, i was replying to the comment about dealers selling cars with problems, not about fake servicing

dealers are the ones who get shafted in the first place, when Mr. Desperate rolls into a dealership with his car thats about to fall apart but holds together long enough to look pretty for the trade-in

then the dealer is left to try and sell something using his profit margin to fix the damn thing
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #18
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

A lot of negative people in here.

There are plenty of times where a person has been shafted and realized to come back and try to get their problems rectified and the head manager or anyone high in the seat will say, well we have on record that your service is done.

For this guy to come out blatantly that there was no service done on the car shows that he wasn't ready to play games with the buyer...

But back to dealerships selling cars that are dodgy, a dealer or most people in the dealer do not drive all their cars as dailies, if at all...

So how are they to know if there is problems with the car if the furthest they drive it is from the side of the road to inside the dealership to be washed and presented as for sale..

Even if they take it for a drive, problems still might not show...

This is why under warranty they fix your problems, otherwise you'd all be paying money to have problems fixed straight out of the dealership, and I can only imagine the complaining then..

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #19
XR8_ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
Good call Dazz. Another funny point to the whole used car situation. You see, not a few months ago we were looking at trading our BF XR6 in for an FG. Anyway, during the whole "we can only give you this much because of......." talk the salesman told me that EVERY used car they trade gets a full SERVICE so that costs money.... blah......blah....blah..... so we need to factor that into your trade-in price ...... blah.....

I told him that I knew that that was not the case so please don't BS me on why you can't give me more than a half-eaten mars bar and can of coke for my BF....
LOL LOL.....