Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default P-Plater drove 100km/h over limit in Car Cruise..

As written in today's (Wednesday 6th June 2007) West Australian Newspaper
by Christiana Jones.
Thought you guys might find this interesting..

A teenager P-plater who drove more than 100kmh over the limit in suburban roads pleaded guilty yesterday and told a Fremantle court he was taking part in a car club "Cruise" at the time of the offence.
Mr 'X', 19, faced the Fremantle Magistrates Court on a charge of driving in an excess of 155kmh after he was caught speeding at 165kmh in a 60kmh zone along High Street East Fremantle, last Friday night.
The Court was told Mr 'X', who was due to come off his P plates on June 20, was taking part in a "car cruise" along with other car enthusiasts at the time and was at the front of the "pack" when he drag raced another motorist in the group about 10:20pm
Police Prosecutor Sgt Neil Ragan said officers using laser speed equipment spotted the two cars and stopped Mr 'X'.
The other vehicle in the race was not stopped.
"There are certain car clubs where enthusiasts will meet together...It's legal but there are some stupid acts such as mine," Mr 'X' said when asked about the "car cruise" by Magistrate Jacquueline Musk.
Ms Musk also also asked wheather the Nissan Coupe Mr 'X' was driving at the time was a model known to go fast, with the teenager saying the vehicle could be considererd a "sports car"
Ms Musk told the teeneger he must be "deaf and blind" to not know the dangers posed by young people speeding on the roads each weekend, telling his lawyer "In this climate, imprisonment is always a possibility".
Mr 'Xs' duty lawyer said the teenager had stopped when called to by police, had no record and has since realised he has others' lives at risk and "could have killed someone". Mr 'X' was now in the process of selling his car.
Despite earlier warning of a possible jail term, Ms Musk disqualified Mr 'X' from driving for nine months and fined him $1,000.

fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
Flouro_Joe
Banned

Nissan "sports car"??? Mr X from the ghetto, LOL
Flouro_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

more bad publicity for responable nissan owners

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

350Z coupe??? or 300ZX TT???
bloody idiot.
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
Flouro_Joe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk O'lass
more bad publicity for responable nissan owners
can they spell it?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Crush Mr X's car in front of him and then take his license for a decade. If he had hit someone, or a child even, then he would wish for a sentence like that.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
Flouro_Joe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
350Z coupe??? or 300ZX TT???
bloody idiot.
fully sick EXA?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #8
Julza
871 Productions Filmmaker

maybe a skyline or silvia? never good to hear stuff like this, creates a bad mindset of 'hooning' with the general public...

Julza

http://www.youtube.com/871productions
Julza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #9
Reign
Argg..

it was a 180, I know this guy...
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Agreed not good to see, but a threat of jail time?

He didn't kill anyone and what could have happened is besides the point, he's in court for what he did, not what he could have done.

That speed in a 60 zone is just plain dumb though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flouro_Joe
fully sick EXA?
They don't go that fast...
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #11
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Agreed not good to see, but a threat of jail time?

He didn't kill anyone and what could have happened is besides the point, he's in court for what he did, not what he could have done.

That speed in a 60 zone is just plain dumb though.
And in too many cases it has to come to something happening or somebody dying before something is done, so why not nip him in the *** before he does something stupid. er.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #12
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
And in too many cases it has to come to something happening or somebody dying before something is done, so why not nip him in the *** before he does something stupid. er.
Your going to put someone in jail for a speeding fine?

Im sure the Fine, Suspention and selling of his car is getting the point accross, lets not forget what having jail time on your resume (SP?) does for your job chances.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #13
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Im just surprised that they actually called them "car enthusiests" and not "hoons"

Maybe the message is finally getting through to the media.....

naaaa
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #14
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like the kinda stuff the midnight club would do :.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #15
Reign
Argg..

Quote:

Im sure the Fine, Suspention and selling of his car is getting the point accross, lets not forget what having jail time on your resume (SP?) does for your job chances.
I Don't know if he will get the point tho, if you meet this guy, you will find out what I mean.
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #16
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
Im just surprised that they actually called them "car enthusiests" and not "hoons"

Maybe the message is finally getting through to the media.....

naaaa
Having lived in WA their media isn't half as bad as over here, also funny since the media doesn't pump into the publics heads about powerfull cars and P Plates, nobody cares and most people have nothing but praise for young guys who go out and get nice cars, unlike we have on the east coast...
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #17
sheldzzz
sheldzzz

i herd it was malcom x from the dead in a modded nissan racing white supremisists. not mr ex?

sheldzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #18
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

True, and im sure everyone here has done somthing stupid like this at some stage, so lets not get high and mighty.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign
I Don't know if he will get the point tho, if you meet this guy, you will find out what I mean.
I get what you mean mate and i know a few like it myself, but we can't start throwing people in jail for speeding fines, thats a steve bracks like knee jerk reaction.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #20
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
I get what you mean mate and i know a few like it myself, but we can't start throwing people in jail for speeding fines, thats a steve bracks like knee jerk reaction.
and when the jails fill up, there is no empty occupied islands to send them...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #21
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:

Ok, but would he be more likely to do it again if you put him in jail, or give him a small fine? Id also be interested in your opinion if someone like that hit somebody you loved. Theres laws for a reason, and in my opinion the more you break them, the harder the punishment should be.

Im not looking for a fight, thats just what I think.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #22
Monkey
XM FALCON

He wasnt doing a few kays over the limit due to speedo error, it was 100 over in a built up area.
stick him in Maximum Security for a week and tell him it will be longer next time.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #23
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
He wasnt doing a few kays over the limit due to speedo error, it was 100 over in a built up area.
stick him in Maximum Security for a week and tell him it will be longer next time.
and that would make him more angry and still drive fast...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #24
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
Ok, but would he be more likely to do it again if you put him in jail, or give him a small fine? Id also be interested in your opinion if someone like that hit somebody you loved. Theres laws for a reason, and in my opinion the more you break them, the harder the punishment should be.

Im not looking for a fight, thats just what I think.
Nah mate your right, if he hit someone then it would have been terrible especially if it was someone I or you or someone else on this forum knew.

But...

He didn't, sure if he does do it again maybe for repeat offenders something like that could be an option, but jail for one Mistake that really didn't have any consequences... thats a bitter pill to swallow.

It would be like throwing someone in jail for having a gun on them incase they use it, sure they might, but untill they do, you don't have much to go on do you.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #25
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
Thats got to be one of the most stupid comments i have read, lets throw a guy who yes had a major driving infringement, although probably on a midnight cruise with nobody else on the road (Not that it matters i know) in with a bunch of murderers and rapists, great idea. :
Old 06-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can't just throw someone in jail for a first offence where he wasn't involved in an accident. you don't throw people in jail as a preventative measure. you throw them in jail when they become 'repeat' offenders. if this guy gets caught unlicensed and driving over 100 kays over the limit again, i'm sure they'll lock him up for a few months.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #27
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I reckon a bit of Jail time is the go for this bloke, I mean 100km/h OVER in a built up area!! Make an example of him im sure that will get the message across to idiots that persist in doing this.

We get twits all the time over here in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney especially in their turbo powered new model R34 Skylines etc attempting to do sideways stunts (unskilled pr!cks) from down near the pub up the road. (note these guys are around 18-20 on P's so its either rich parents or drug money, so a fine as piddly as $1k isnt going to do crap probably even getting rid of the car wont do much they'll just get another!!)

One night 2 young blokes with some ladies in a VERY nice R33 (showcar condition) gave it a bit too much stick up the road (trying to drift I suppose) doing about 80 in a 50 zone and the road bends slightly with bumps in it... Well it threw his car into some parked cars doing major damage to them. He then mounted the kerb and destroyed his wheels on the left side. Both the guys got out for around 2 seconds to have a look at what they did, left the chicks behind and attempted to drive off with half the front of the car missing and the rims dragging along the road. Don't know how far they got but all the neighbours got their number plates as they were custom ones real easy to track.

There are people doing this most Friday and Saturday nights being D/H's and im surprised alot more haven't crashed!

I'm sure if the word got out through the media that somebody got Jail time for these stupid acts alot more people would think twice about it.
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #28
Monkey
XM FALCON

Its only a week. jeez
high st on friday night isn't dead quiet its a main road into fremantle and has plenty of traffic.
Ive meet enough people with multiple driving convictions to know they dont go to prison for first or even fourth serious offense .

The serious issue is him being associated with car enthusiasts in this story
Old 06-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #29
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
Yeh I reckon a bit of Jail time is the go for this bloke, I mean 100km/h OVER in a built up area!! Make an example of him im sure that will get the message across to idiots that persist in doing this.

We get twits all the time over here in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney especially in their turbo powered new model R34 Skylines etc attempting to do sideways stunts (unskilled pr!cks) from down near the pub up the road. (note these guys are around 18-20 on P's so its either rich parents or drug money, so a fine as piddly as $1k isnt going to do crap probably even getting rid of the car wont do much they'll just get another!!)

One night 2 young blokes with some ladies in a VERY nice R33 (showcar condition) gave it a bit too much stick up the road (trying to drift I suppose) doing about 80 in a 50 zone and the road bends slightly with bumps in it... Well it threw his car into some parked cars doing major damage to them. He then mounted the kerb and destroyed his wheels on the left side. Both the guys got out for around 2 seconds to have a look at what they did, left the chicks behind and attempted to drive off with half the front of the car missing and the rims dragging along the road. Don't know how far they got but all the neighbours got their number plates as they were custom ones real easy to track.

There are people doing this most Friday and Saturday nights being D/H's and im surprised alot more haven't crashed!

I'm sure if the word got out through the media that somebody got Jail time for these stupid acts alot more people would think twice about it.
You can't just make an example out of someone, thats not the law, the law set suitable punishments for the Crime and doing time in jail does not suit a traffic offence, especially as their was no accident, he didn't commit manslaughter!

Ok lets set it to 100Km/h over = Instant jail time, would you be stopping if caught doing those speeds and going to jail if that was on the line, because i know most people would rather try and run and end up there (jail) anyway, then just pull over and say "Take me to jail".

Same principle works with the Hoon laws, not to many people are going to stop on their 3rd offence and say 'Sure, take it to auction".

Note Im not defending him because he is a P Plater.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #30
Monkey
XM FALCON

I would if not stopping meant 1 month and forfeiture of car :

But seriously hes being associated with car enthusiasts in the eyes of the public.