Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Cosaroo
Starter Motor

Default drivers door window repair

Do I have to take my au series 1 to ford to have my drivers door window repaired? It the usual problem that everyone here knows about. I don't have power windows. Also has anyone had a faulty aircon dash button? I can only get the aircon max button to work if I put a piece of paper into the gap around the button. Anyone had this problem and who did you have fix it?

Cosaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
whiskers
gone fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosaroo
Do I have to take my au series 1 to ford to have my drivers door window repaired? It the usual problem that everyone here knows about. I don't have power windows. Also has anyone had a faulty aircon dash button? I can only get the aircon max button to work if I put a piece of paper into the gap around the button. Anyone had this problem and who did you have fix it?
can help you with the second bit (A/C button) the same thing is happening to mine. the little buttons (contact points) are loose if you put pressure on the one that you are not using it should work, but I have dropped it of to an auto elec to see if it can be fixed, I know what it is but I'm not that good at doing the soldering apart from getting another from the wreckers (the one that I'M getting repaired came from FTG and not real good) and the problems that you might get with an old one try taking it to an auto elec to fix I should know either today or at least tomorrow if they can fix it and how much

you need to take the center dash out to get to the air con control panel. and then go from there the grey bits on the buttons pop off if you nee to get them off. here is the link for the dash removal

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=95787

follow from step 2 and you will be fine. I will post on here what I find out from the auto elec when they ring.

cheers hope this helps you out a bit.
Old 24-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

you just need a Can of AWSOME to fix the windows (AKA Liquad Silicon Spray)

i did that and mine work like new
Old 24-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

thats right
808 Silicone Spray will fix you up
it's a can of awesome
Old 25-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
Cosaroo
Starter Motor

cool thanks guys. Whiskers, I'll check back to see how you go with the air con button.
Old 25-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
whiskers
gone fishing

just got a call from the auto elec re the air con control panel, it's a no go he can't fix it. apparently the buttons that both you and I were talking about are not a fixable item.
lucky I have a spare one that might be able to get fixed it just needs the lights on it to be working and also one pin for the push in pjug at the back.

so it looks like a trip to the wreckers for you Cosaroo just make sure that everything is working (should cost around the $65-$85 mark), although you can get the lights re soldered you can do it yourself if you are good enough, (I'm not that good)

hope this has helped you out a bit.
Old 28-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
whiskers
gone fishing

just an update for those interested I got my A/C control panel back from the auto elec yesterday afternoon all fixed and working like a new one, lucky I had a spare so that they could take from one and put onto the other.

cost was $75, I wish I knew they could have been fixed before I shelled out for a replacement which I got from FTG and it was a dud. it was used as the donor panel

cheers
Old 28-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

For the windows being sticky, if you dont want to fork out the money for silicone spray, buy a cheap tyre shine, same stuff, but only a couple of dollars. Spray it in and wind it up and down a few times, and it will be all good.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #9
Cosaroo
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info Whiskers, will checkout the wreckers when I get around to fixing the air con button.

With the jammed drivers door window, I bought a can of pyroil silicone lubricant because it was a quarter of the price of the 808 spray, will that do ok or do you have to use 808 silicone spray? and where do I spray it? on the rubbers on the top of the door I am assuming? Forgive me I am crap at car repairs.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #10
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

on the side tracks.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
whiskers
gone fishing

that spray that you got will be alright, and spray it as Mr Hardware has said on the inside of the tracks but you will need to wind the window up and down a few times for it to be really good, I was once told be a ford mechanic that they always sprayed the tracks with the silicon spray when ever they washed the cars in the yard, keeps the fiber in good condition or something like that.

cheers