Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Default CMS Cam + Tune results :)

Well, as most of you guys know, my car has been the guinea pig for the CMS Stage 2 AU Cam and tune.
Joe @ CMS has spent countless hours on the tune and my car has had to have had in excess of 100 dyno runs over the past 12-18 months.

The end result is:

151rwkw -- keep in mind this is a mainline dyno, which usually reports around 10% lower than a dynodynamics dyno. So i'd prolly be looking at around 165 on one of those.

Car originally started at 123rwkw before the cam and tune and 131rwkw with the cam in and no tune

So, a gain of nearly 30kw at the treads is a pretty decent figure for just a cam and tune

If you are interested, or want a little more info then ring Joe @ Crescent Motorsports on 9600 6229

He also has a stage 2A cam for the AU (for the auto box), which should get about 50Nm more (so close to 400Nm)

To be honest, i can't remember what the car was like before the cam and tune. But, the thing has some get up and go now, that is for sure!!

It's very punchy down low now with the final tune, it almost feels like im driving in 2nd gear when i am in drive. The thing hauls *** after 70km/h

It's a great deal of fun to drive

I have nfi how the guys with xr6t's with 400rwkw can control their car, lmfao

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
willsace
Finally have a boss again

nice numbers there. whats the fuel economy like after tune
Old 28-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Only had this final tune in for a couple of hours, so i am unsure. Will let you guys know after a week or so of driving around normally

The car was running very rich with the last tune and i was getting around 400km/tank on average (ranged from about 300-450, depending on my mood for the week.)
One of the tunes he did for me i was getting around 650km/tank and it still had some balls (not that much tho ;))

He included the 98 tune, a 95 tune and a valet tune

The car now idles like stock, there is no smell after i give it a bit of a boot, so if i was getting approx 400 before, based on previous tunes i'd be expecting close to 500 now.

Currently:
Old 28-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Id be very happy with that result, must go well. Now to take it to the drags and see how it stacks up against some other AU's.
Old 28-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats great dude, hopefully it still gives good fuel economy and yet having power as well.
Old 28-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Id be very happy with that result, must go well. Now to take it to the drags and see how it stacks up against some other AU's.
Yeah, I wanna grab some gears (4.11s hopefully), put on my new tires and tune in my 68mm TB before I head out.
I want mid-14s!

I'm heaps happy with the results, especially on the standard forte head! Wanna port it out in the not too distant future.

Currently:
Old 29-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
Thats great dude, hopefully it still gives good fuel economy and yet having power as well.
Have driven it around a fair bit today. Some spirited driving to test it out ;)

Needle is just under half full and it is 253 DTE

Usually when i am at this point, with my usual driving it is around 180 DTE. So a pretty noticeable improvement so far

Currently:
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Thats great results from just a cam and tune.

I wonder how this 2A cam would respond to boost? :hihi:

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
MAD
Petro-sexual

That's a great result, and good news for me too. I recently bought myself a motor for my EL that has a CMS stage 3 cam, port work, vernier gear and double valve springs.
I was excited to get it in before, but now I'm really getting itching for it.

Joe certainly seems to know the Ford I6.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
ayeyew
Teh Baest

A couple of updates:

1. I obliterated my workmates BA Mk II XR6 (stock, non-turbo)

2. I absolutely demolished my other workmates Holden Barina (with a cannon!) ;)

3. Fuel Consumption - Usually when i refill I get a DTE around 380-420 on full tank. Have used about half a tank of petrol since Saturday (down to a quarter tank), refilled today and got a DTE of 516! That's just my everyday driving, nothing unusual. So i have added around 100 onto that.
The last time I had over 500 on DTE was with Joe's 'economy' tune and it had no balls whatsoever Only other time i remember was when i drove to Newcastle and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
That's a great result, and good news for me too. I recently bought myself a motor for my EL that has a CMS stage 3 cam, port work, vernier gear and double valve springs.
I was excited to get it in before, but now I'm really getting itching for it.

Joe certainly seems to know the Ford I6.
Mate, i have creamed myself on numerous occasions with some of the E-series falcons that goto his place. Some of them seriosuly sound like the bloody v8 supercars.

It will pull like a donkey

Currently:
Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
Well, as most of you guys know, my car has been the guinea pig for the CMS Stage 2 AU Cam and tune.
Joe @ CMS has spent countless hours on the tune and my car has had to have had in excess of 100 dyno runs over the past 12-18 months.

The end result is:

151rwkw -- keep in mind this is a mainline dyno, which usually reports around 10% lower than a dynodynamics dyno. So i'd prolly be looking at around 165 on one of those.

Car originally started at 123rwkw before the cam and tune and 131rwkw with the cam in and no tune

So, a gain of nearly 30kw at the treads is a pretty decent figure for just a cam and tune

If you are interested, or want a little more info then ring Joe @ Crescent Motorsports on 9600 6229

He also has a stage 2A cam for the AU (for the auto box), which should get about 50Nm more (so close to 400Nm)

To be honest, i can't remember what the car was like before the cam and tune. But, the thing has some get up and go now, that is for sure!!

It's very punchy down low now with the final tune, it almost feels like im driving in 2nd gear when i am in drive. The thing hauls *** after 70km/h

It's a great deal of fun to drive

I have nfi how the guys with xr6t's with 400rwkw can control their car, lmfao

Nice result! As per my sig, my Ute on a Mainline did 110rwkW/320eNm before the exhaust, cat and headers. Now 127rwkW/351eNm.

The conversion that Mainline use is 0.85 for rwkW to ekW. Pretty tough. But, it's what they do in the states for the Mustangs etc.

Glad to see your loving your AU. I'm hoping to get more out of mine soon. Buying sniper software this week to self tune. Something i'm keen to learn as the ute will go forced induction in the coming months.

PS Must get my XR6 which is now the family car on the dyno! Definitely goes harder than my ute.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
oi slut guts, when we going drags? i got new tread!
51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post