Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #1
uturn
Starter Motor

Default Good honest indepedant ford mechanic in Adelaide?

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2004 Ford Focus and I don't want to get it serviced at the dealership. Can anyone recommend a honest capable reasonably charging mechanic in ADELAIDE who knows these cars well, for routine servicing where they not only change oil, but also know problem areas to look out for so things are picked up early and not after a breakdown.

thanks!

uturn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
XRchic
Hello

Quite possibly KPM. They are on Goodwood Rd, just near the overpass on that side road, on the eastern side of the road. They are a performance place but I am pretty sure they do servicing of all kinds of cars. David, the manager, is a great bloke and I have just had my car there for 4 days getting all sorts of fun work done to it. Ive tried a few places around Adelaide and KPM are the winners for me at this point, without a doubt.

I would avoid the dealership too. My partner was a mechanic at a Ford dealership in Adelaide so he knows how it works.

Give Tim a ring at KPM (he is the service advisor). Ask him about it and Im sure he will tell you whatever you need to know. KPM are forum sponsors too, but I seriously wouldnt recommend them unless my $5K odd was very well spent!

Phone number is 8299 9998 from memory.

Cheers

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
uturn
Starter Motor

Thanks Jac. I'm not looking for a performance place, just routine servicing. But I'll definitely give KPM a call and have a chat with them.

ta!
uturn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #4
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Graham West on Marion Rd is the most honest, knowledgeable, and competent mechanical workshop I have ever come across. Blackwood Dyno also have a good name, and KPM have a reputable background in European motors.

Everyone will recommend a good mechanic, but it's a matter of finding one that you trust, and you are comfortable with.
Wokkas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 02:37 AM   #5
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by uturn
Thanks Jac. I'm not looking for a performance place, just routine servicing. But I'll definitely give KPM a call and have a chat with them.

ta!
Thats cool mate, yeah I figured that you werent looking for a performance place, as you wanted regular servicing etc. KPM do that too. And they are very knowledgeable.

There are quite a few decent places around as Wokkas said. Its a matter of trying them. Ive tried a few and I did go to one that Wokkas mentioned, for quite a while. My Dad also took his car, Mum's car and my brother's car there for years until recently.

The main thing is to avoid the dealer service depts I reckon.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
xr6ist

Mate id say avoid kpm have heard nothing but bad things about them since i started in the car scene not causing **** xrchic but just what ive heard if your looking for a bloke who doesnt charge the earth , whose motto is i charge you for the work not the prices and overheads i want and can hand build ford engines try heinrich performance and tuning at lonsdale.
xr6ist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6ist
Mate id say avoid kpm have heard nothing but bad things about them since i started in the car scene not causing **** xrchic but just what ive heard if your looking for a bloke who doesnt charge the earth , whose motto is i charge you for the work not the prices and overheads i want and can hand build ford engines try heinrich performance and tuning at lonsdale.
Bruce does have a brilliant reputation here. But again, is that more performance orientated?
Wokkas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
xr6ist

Not necessarily i often go in there to get little things done like back break rotors and suspension bushes they always do it once and do it right.
xr6ist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post