Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 20-03-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Nostalgia Drag Racing Series Heathcote 25/3/07 (Pics added)

Nostalgia Drag Racing Series Heathcote.

Anyone going this Sunday?
Should be a good meeting, this is the 1st of 5 rounds around Australia this season.

Competitor Gates:
7.00am
Scrutineering:
7.00am - 12:00pm
Qualifying:
9.00am- 12:00pm
Racing:
1.00pm

CNDRA Member Driver only:
$50 (Includes ANDRA insurance)
Non-CNDRA Member Driver only:
$60 (Includes ANDRA insurance)
Extra Passes:
$20 Adult & Children 16 & under free

Public

Adults:
$20.00
Children 16 and under:
FREE!

Brackets:

Junior Fuel:
Open to mechanically supercharged and mechanically injected methanol burning Front Engine Dragsters, Funny Cars and Altereds. Chicago Shootout.
Gas:
Open to mechanically supercharged and mechanically injected methanol or petrol burning USA or Australian Muscle cars and sedans only running quicker than 10.99 Chicago Shootout.
Slingshot & Flathead V8:
Multi class eliminator for Front Engine Dragsters and Altereds either 6 cylinder (any pre 1975 engine) or flathead Ford engines. Mechanically supercharged (roots type 8/71 maximum) or mechanically injected methanol or petrol only. Chicago Shootout.
Hot Rod:
Pre 1949. Vehicles Slower than 10.99 "Dial your own" Elimination format.
American Muscle & Sedan:
Pre 1980 vehicles of USA origin.running Slower than 10.99 "Dial your own" Elimination format.
Aussie Muscle & Sedan:
Pre 1972 Australian produced vehicles.running Slower than 10.99 "Dial your own" Elimination format

NOTE: Qualifying or Racing format may be altered or varied at any time by race organisers.

Electronics permitted in accordance with Nostalgia Drags Electronics Policy. To request a hard copy by phone Cruzin Magazine 07 3290 2222.
Safety Requirements

Purpose built race vehicles, cars quicker than 10.99 must comply with the relevant ANDRA Class and Safety regulations pertaining to the vehicle. All entrants must be fully licenced for the vehicle and vehicles must have a current technical inspection.
Other entrant requirements:

Licence.
Divisional ANDRA Licence will be issued to those who do not need to hold a permanent ANDRA Drag Race Licence. You must hold or have held an Australian Drivers Licence.
Protective Clothing.

* Helmets. All vehicles SLOWER than 10.99 seconds (1/4 mile) helmet to AS1698, 1974/1998 Standard.
* Long sleeved upper garment.
* Long pants.
* Covered shoes.

Your Vehicle

* Ensure all fluids can be contained within the vehicle.
* Tail shaft loops for cars running QUICKER than 12.99 seconds (1/4 mile).
* Minimum 3 point lap sash for cars SLOWER than 11.99 seconds (1/4 mile).
* Minimum 4 point harness for cars QUICKER than 11.99 (1/4 mile).
* Roll bars are required for open cars 11.00-12.99 (1/4 mile). For open cars quicker than 11.00 must have full roll cage relevant to ANDRA specifications.

Eligibility for Brackets and Entry numbers is the responsibility of the Cruzin Magazine organisation.

Entries Close 11am Friday 23 March 2007.. No late entries.
more info http://www.nostalgiadrags.com.au/dra...fm?showEvtID=7

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was just having a conversation about this meet with my old man about an hour ago

looks like it would be a great one to get to and watch

from what he was telling me they are going to unvail a 8 sec monaro that was a real head turner in its day that was found sitting under a tree on a farm in northen vic

people have restored it to its orig and are going to run it on sunday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
xc 460

We will be there, we are running my Old Mans Customline for the first time since the rebuild and new Engine. It's always a good day if the weathers Ok.
xc 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

I might have to come up there and have a look. Couldnt hurt to bring car along and have it sit there FOR SALE all day.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
i was just having a conversation about this meet with my old man about an hour ago

looks like it would be a great one to get to and watch

from what he was telling me they are going to unveil a 8 sec Monaro that was a real head turner in its day that was found sitting under a tree on a farm in northern Vic

people have restored it to its orig and are going to run it on Sunday
You mean the Shaker. It was unveiled 2005 at the Hot Rod Rumble at Calder park.

I'm heading up with a car load of guys. Just a shame the XR wont make it this time around.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Friday night is a test and tune at Heathcote if anyone is keen....

Sunday is looking good.
Heathcote
Mostly sunny
10°C - 22°C

Old 21-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Friday night is a test and tune at Heathcote if anyone is keen....

Sunday is looking good.
Heathcote
Mostly sunny
10°C - 22°C
All right. Last time i was there it was blowing a gale.
Old 21-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc 460
We will be there, we are running my Old Mans Customline for the first time since the rebuild and new Engine. It's always a good day if the weathers Ok.
Hey Troy you guys driving up or towing it then just racing?
You taking your coupe up too?
Old 21-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #9
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ

I'm heading up with a car load of guys. Just a shame the XR wont make it this time around.
i dont think thats the name it had but did it have another name as he said it had 2 names during its racing time

if it is the same car why are there people saying that its being unvaled that day

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #10
xc 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
Hey Troy you guys driving up or towing it then just racing?
You taking your coupe up too?
Hey Brett, We are towing it up, I'm not taking the Coupe I still hav'nt fixed it from last time I took it out.
Old 22-03-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
BJ
Banned

Quote:
i dont think thats the name it had but did it have another name as he said it had 2 names during its racing time

if it is the same car why are there people saying that its being unvaled that day

jason
Nop same car. It only ever had one name.
Old 22-03-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:

jason

i dont think its done a full pass yet it is called the SHAKER and owned now by Garry Martin and was owned and raced by his father years ago i have been mates with his younger brother for years .Gary used to have a tuff as turbo ZD fairlane in the 80 s to 90 s

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Yes Troy, im speaking to the other guys to see what they are doing as its very busy weekend for them, but most likely will tow up and follow there group. Will also have to see what happens with selling the car.
Old 22-03-2007, 02:53 AM   #14
EXECJIM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ

Pity your car is not ready, would like to see your XR go the same TIME/MPH as your emisioned XC.

XR 387 lets hope it goes at least, 12.05 @114
Old 22-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #15
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Troy I wont be there, my tow guy is going up and already taking 2 cars, thats if the weather is fine. Maybe next time the coupe will be ready and I will be able to drive it up there.
Old 24-03-2007, 08:10 AM   #16
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

weather as of this morning is forecast for Min 10 Max 22 Fine all day
( taken from the weather channel - Heathcote forecast )
Old 25-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #17
SpoolMan

Huge Crowd the biggest I have seen at Heathcote, to give you an idea it took 45 min to 1 hour to buy a drink the lines were 25 deep all day..
Not the biggest field of cars but I was told it’s the biggest ever hot rod turn out to race, the show shine was well supported.

Here a few pics if you want to view them all hit the link to the photo bucket..
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/xrfpv8/?start=0

Old 26-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #18
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Great pics spoolman, looks like a top day.

Troy did you end up going? If so how did the cussy run?
Old 26-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #19
xc 460

Hey Brett, Yeah we went but the clutch blew up first run. We were half expecting it to happen so we didn't care. The car seemed to get off the line good, nice and straight so we were happy with that. Dad is sussing out some more options today for the clutch so it will be up and running in the next week or so
Old 26-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #20
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

No good Troy, all that way and not a full pass.
What are you and dad expecting it to run?
What times did Brewer run his his van?
Old 26-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
xc 460

Yeah it's a bit of a shame it will be sorted out though. Hopefully once it is fully sorted it will run in the 9's , it only has the smaller cam in it at the moment and has only been chucked on the dyno to make sure air fuel ratios were alright and it still made 450 kw at the wheels so there is still a shiitload left in it. Cheers

Ps. The only time I saw Caig Brewer run he was wheelspining half the track!
Old 26-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #22
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

You would have to be happy with those figures already.
We be a weapon once big cam is in and you sort it all out.
Have to be happy with running 9's
Old 26-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #23
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
Great pics spoolman, looks like a top day.
Well organized went smooth all day, getting inside H/P the cars were backed up onto the tared road that’s how busy it was..
Quickest ET on the day was 8.40.
I noticed no motor bikes running are they not a part of the Nostalgia event, anyone know?

Old 26-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #24
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

I dont think they are mate.

My mates were going to bring up there top bike but just ran out of time, they wanted to do some test passes with new gear but maybe calder one Friday.
Old 26-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #25
GRNKPR

heard it was a big day my mate Daryl in his Cortina went up there and was hanging some launches and good to see pete smiths corvette made it there too

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 26-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #26
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
heard it was a big day my mate Daryl in his Cortina went up there and was hanging some launches and good to see pete smiths corvette made it there too
His Cortina is it Blue? does crazy wheels stands, pete smiths corvette was the quickest car there..

Old 26-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #27
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Nice photos Mark, some very tough cars there (especially the Corvette).
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #28
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
His Cortina is it Blue? does crazy wheels stands, pete smiths corvette was the quickest car there..

Yep goes hard as he ran it at the salt lekes 4 years ago and still holds the c pro record ,Pete Smith i remember when he was selling mustang parts from his Garage ,real nice bloke last time i saw him run it was at the Boxing day meet at Heathcote

Old 26-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #29
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
,Pete Smith i remember when he was selling mustang parts from his Garage ,real nice bloke last time i saw him run it was at the Boxing day meet at Heathcote
He still is, he is busy importing US muscle stuff into Australia..

Old 26-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #30
xc 460

Yeah Pete Smith owns Eastcoast Mustangs in Lilydale he has a Factory now. They have a heap of Mustangs and Camaro's and parts.