Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Le Minz Scooterthon

If any of you Gold Coast / brisbaneites are lost for something to do head out to Xtreme karting at pimpama for the 24 hour scooter race on 50cc scoots it's a good laugh. World champs racing including Troy Bayliss and Jason Crump. 45 teams started at 11am this morning and we finish 11am Saturday morning. I am currently running third with my team on #540 . If you get out here say hi I am in bright coloured alpinestars leathers and bell helmet. Cheers. Trev

This user likes this post:
Old 13-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Le Minz Scooterthon

worthless without pics
Old 13-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Just in from my second stint. 1hr 20mins. We are still running third, 5 laps down on leaders, 2 laps down on second place but 7 laps ahead of fourth place. 6.5 hours in, 337 laps done. 17.5 hours to go... 45 teams entered. 4 people in hospital so far....
Old 13-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny stuff, 4 in hospital from from scooters!!?!?? Wow thats commitment!!

Onya trev give it heaps, def need pics!!
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
mcnews
Trev

Sheep stations stuff mate :-) You get that when World Champion Superbike riders, World Speedway Champs, ex Australian road race champs, current Moto2 riders etc. are in the mix. They are competitive types by nature, lol.
Old 13-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
mcnews
Trev

I am going up the inside of this guy here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TREV1.jpg (111.1 KB, 87 views)
3 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
mcnews
Trev

We are still running third after over 400 laps. Seven laps clear of fourth place. Still more than 16 hours to go :-)
Old 13-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sheep stations indeed, have a go at the eyes and the knee, is it just me or are you about to fold the front, camera angle maybe.

Dont take this the wrong way but where is the rest of you? Looking like you have slimmed down?

Anyway keep it shiny side up! And stay on the podium!
Old 13-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
mcnews
Trev

Yep did 1000km on the pushbike during October, and was on a diet again before that, so yep nearly skinny again :-) That cornering shot looks awkward as I had just stuffed it up the inside off correct cornering line to pass that guy in a tight turn before track switched again quickly left
Old 13-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahhhh right was looking abit motogp lol.

Nice work on trimming down, its something i need to do, but beers and burgers are too good!
Old 13-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
mcnews
Trev

Some aerial footage from a couple of hours in - http://youtu.be/R27vyzBzybo
Old 13-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

This is awesome, get into it mate.
Old 14-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #13
mcnews
Trev

I just did a 90 minute session to take us to the halfway point. From here there is a 15 minute window for work on the bike, before we then go in reverse direction for the last 12 hours.... That is going to take some getting my head around.... We are still third, 11 laps, behind the leaders, 8 laps behind second place, and 7 laps ahead of fourth place.
Old 14-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #14
mcnews
Trev

Track direction changed at 11pm, I'm not as fast going the other way for some reason, couldn't get comfortable enough to push hard then like I had in other direction. And I didn't want to throw it away after 17 hours. We are still in third place, nearly 3/4 of the way through now
Old 14-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
mcnews
Trev

I just did my final stint, we are still in third, with nearly five laps over fourth place. We are on track for a podium. Two hours to go. Over 1100 laps done.
Old 14-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
mcnews
Trev

And you wouldn't believe it, I just walked outside to see half a dozen hot Fords in the parking lot assembling. Apparently about 20 are turning up for a DJR day or something or other, how is that for a coincidence.
Old 14-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice work trev, youve got it good, racing for a podium and a car show, you are living the dream lol
Old 14-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #18
mcnews
Trev

We got that third :-)
3 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Top stuff mate! Who won?
Old 15-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
mcnews
Trev

Scooter shop team. Bayliss crump second.
Old 15-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

What a ****er. Anymore photos??

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Hell yes chuck us some photos, this sounds hilarious.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
mcnews
Trev

Results

McCoy (I am the third one in this shot)

Me again

My awesome teammate Jess Shepherd second in this shot (the fastest of our quartet)

The winners from the Scooter Shop

Bayliss, Crump and Co

Bayliss in action

2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #24
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice shots! Bayliss has the style! He needs to come back to wsbk!!!

Trev you and your team must be quick, to get 3rd behind the likes of bayliss, crump, etc. well i have heard the stories about you from russ and andrew lol

I imagine its difficult to get the proper body position for legs and such to hang off a scooter, do you use a different set of muscles? Never ridden a scooter....
Old 15-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #25
mcnews
Trev

Man my legs are hurting so bad today, steps kill me. My legs are 1000km a month on pushbike fit right now, but they are murdered from the scooter race. A few more shots. And yep we beat plenty of teams that had many champions from various disciplines, performed way above anybody's expectations, we stayed out of trouble and did well, stoked.
Somebody crashing

Middle of the night, Jess is in white shire on right of shot

Jess in action

Me trying to get low on a scooter, lol

The field, there are a few wrong names in teams etc. and this isn't 100 per cent correct but gives indication.

# Name
1 Scooter Shop 1
Rider 1 Paul Dawson
Rider 2 Beau Liang
Rider 3 Mike Jones
Rider 4 Kyle Buckley

2 Stag Racing
Rider 1 Simon Winters
Rider 2 Trevor Oliver
Rider 3 Glen Cocksedge
Rider 4 Ashley Robinson

3 Team Go Faster
Rider 1 Jim Parmenter
Rider 2 Scott McMurtrie
Rider 3 Adam Maguire
Rider 4 Derek Swalc

5 Scooter Shop 2
Rider 1 Ron Funk
Rider 2 Jimmy Law
Rider 3 Nick Murrel
Rider 4 Liam Niblock

7 Golden Churros
Rider 1 Troy Galvin
Rider 2 Corey Brown
Rider 3 Dave McNulty
Rider 4 Troy Barr

8 Team Tourettes
Rider 1 James Kupe
Rider 2 Rob Maddox
Rider 3 Shane Kirk
Rider 4 Steve Auld

10 Team Revolution
Rider 1 Nigel Agar
Rider 2 Matthew Lane
Rider 3 Raymond Rankin
Rider 4 Attila Kekesi

11 HC Racing
Rider 1 Michael Rose
Rider 2 Liam Murphy
Rider 3 Danny Grant
Rider 4 Leigh Higgins

13 Sort Drop & Sudden Stop
Rider 1 Anthony West
Rider 2 Jonathan West
Rider 3 Heath Hendrix
Rider 4 Mark Savage

17 Team Tyrrell
Rider 1 Graham Cheney
Rider 2 Scott Brown
Rider 3 Tim Tyrrell
Rider 4

18 Nitro
Rider 1 Cees Valstar
Rider 2 Vene Valstar
Rider 3 Simon Tyler
Rider 4 Michael Gargiulo

20 BP Chinderah
Rider 1 Dominic Taylor
Rider 2 Adrian Wise
Rider 3 James Parker
Rider 4 Shane Watson

22 Bulwer Bandits
Rider 1 Darren Chrzanowski
Rider 2 Stephen Peach
Rider 3 Anil Puttaswamy
Rider 4 Allan McCamley

24 WA Old Cant's
Rider 1 Allan Rickerby
Rider 2 Alex Witt
Rider 3 Tim Davies

25 The 2570 Boys
Rider 1 Robert Lord
Rider 2 Adam Nicholls
Rider 3 Aaron Foley
Rider 4 Rodney Taplin

33 Allmech Racing
Rider 1 John Keogh
Rider 2 Tommy Mooney
Rider 3 Clinton Coker
Rider 4 Shane Meaney

46 BP Gladstone
Rider 1 Russell Gretton
Rider 2 Beau Miller
Rider 3 James Miller
Rider 4 Dan Poole

48 Ginja Ninjas
Rider 1 Cliff Johnston
Rider 2 Deane Labrum
Rider 3 Carl Walker
Rider 4 Michael Anderson

55 3 1/2 Men
Rider 1 Peter May
Rider 2 James Berkley
Rider 3 Billy Berkley
Rider 4 Trevor Kavenaugh

70 The 2570 Boys
Rider 1 Andrew Bridje
Rider 2 Mark Francis
Rider 3 Jim Gibbs
Rider 4 Chris Taplin

79 Adept Security
Rider 1 Dale Corser
Rider 2 Steve Kairl
Rider 3 Jason Cullen

88 Team Bikeme/Plan B Racing
Rider 1 Guy Basile
Rider 2 Jared Basile
Rider 3 Paul McBurney
Rider 4 David Tranter

89 Pearce Racing
Rider 1 Brett Pearce
Rider 2 Tom Pearce
Rider 3 Max Cunningham
Rider 4 Andy Harrison

92.5 Gold FM
Rider 1 Spider Everitt
Rider 2 Nathan McKinnon
Rider 3 Michael Pitrizi
Rider 4 Tony Whately

93 RT Screen Printing
Rider 1 David Watt
Rider 2 Russell Hafey
Rider 3 David Lowe

97 Sandman
Rider 1 Matt Khouri
Rider 2 Stewart Khouri
Rider 3 John Mausano
Rider 4 Grant Obrien

110 Earthworks Training
Rider 1 Adam Toby
Rider 2 David Woods
Rider 3 ?
Rider 4 Graeme Davies

111 Team Allfixed
Rider 1 Glenn White
Rider 2 Greg Hopkins
Rider 3 Neil Telley
Rider 4 Kyle O,Byrne

112 Wilson Jetpilot #3
Rider 1 Nic Bressan
Rider 2 Colin Duck
Rider 3 Troy Smith
Rider 4 Jason Geddes

113 Wilson Jetpilot #1
Rider 1 Luke Wilson
Rider 2 Matt Wilson
Rider 3 Luke Whitaker
Rider 4 Corey Creed

114 Wilson Jetpilot #2
Rider 1 Jason Corney
Rider 2 Ben Tompsett
Rider 3 Garry Macoy
Rider 4 Lachlan Kavney
Rider 5 Luke Bingley

139 MotoOnLine
Rider 1 Kevin Williams
Rider 2 Alex Gobert
Rider 3 Cliff Stobell
Rider 4 ?

169 Extreme 169
Rider 1 Jake Dolan
Rider 2 Jake Ralph
Rider 3 Gareth Jones
Rider 4 --

180 Lavender Roadrunners
Rider 1 Cosi Ubaldino
Rider 2 Peter Dart
Rider 3 Virgil Burns
Rider 4 Andrew Smart

540 Extreme 540
Rider 1 Jess Shepherd
Rider 2 Mark Gray
Rider 3 Lee Roebuck
Rider 4 Trevor Hedge

911 Rasesafe Allstars
Rider 1 Stephen Gall
Rider 2 Daniel Stauffer
Rider 3 Michael Thumm
Rider 4 Scott Bishop

991 NoChainz Racing
Rider 1 Matt Halpin
Rider 2 Josh Halpin
Rider 3 Martin Hoolihan
Rider 4 Phil Halpin

25% IMR A Team
Rider 1 Luke Smith
Rider 2 Rod Seddon
Rider 3 Glenn Scott
Rider 4 ?

IMR IMR B Team
Rider 1 Sheena Watkins
Rider 2 Dave Maddock
Rider 3 Ben Henry
Rider 4 Paul Caslick

OO Garage San Maru
Rider 1 Jake Vanderrol
Rider 2 Bradley Turner
Rider 3 Douglas Hoare
Rider 4 ?

OOO Racesafe Medics
Rider 1 Daryl Pendrey
Rider 2 Michael Penno
Rider 3 Jon Park
Rider 4 Caroline Heggie

2 + 1 MotoExpo
Rider 1 Troy Bayliss
Rider 2 Jason Crump
Rider 3 Mark Brown
Rider 4 Mark Petersen

R1 Revue Motorsport
Rider 1 Bernie Hatton
Rider 2 Mark Boxer
Rider 3 Marcus Simpson
Rider 4 Mark Wilkonson

R2 Revue 2
Rider 1 Kane Kelso
Rider 2 Tony Cobert
Rider 3 Phil Redmond
Rider 4 Paul McKinnon
3 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #26
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Thats awesome mate, guess its like go karting in the bike scene?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #27
mcnews
Trev

It's just so wrong.... That it's sort of right..... Lol