Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Lajon

Default Urgent Help!!!

I've just purchased a set of wheels and tyres and I need to know if they will fit my car or whether I need to get another set of tyres....
I have a 99 Au Fairlane...the wheels are 18 inch and the tyres are 245/45

Lajon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Urgent Help!!!

Need to know what they came off

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Lajon

not sure but i know that the fitment number is the same as au... i think its 114.3?
Old 14-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

the offset will affect whether they'll fit too.
the tyres are a little tall being 45 series, they may rub on full lock?

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajon
not sure but i know that the fitment number is the same as au... i think its 114.3?
Ok, so the stud pattern is correct (assuming its got 5 holes)
That's the easy part.

The 2 other key things are the offset (how far in/out the wheel sits) and the centre bore hole size (too small and it won't go on, too big and it won't centre correctly).

Then ask yourself whether it designed (load rated) for something as heavy as a Falcon/Fairlane or designed as some multifit wheel for some wimpy 4cyl lightweight?

You want urgent help you need to help us.
Old 14-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Lajon

i'm pretty sure the guy said he had them on a ford.... what information do u need to know exactly and would it on the inside of the wheel?
Old 14-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

all things being equal and if the rims are correct offset etc. then a 245 will fit on the back but be too wide for the front. I have 235/45/17 on the front of my 'lane and they catch the guards on full lock if you hit a bump or go up a driveway on lock etc. I'm going to go to 235/50 on the rear and 225/50 on the front next to try and soften my ride a bit. I'm hoping the narrower tire will offset the higher profile and still clear the guards.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Lajon

so for the front should I get some 245/40s?
Old 15-09-2012, 02:48 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Going off the sounds of 245/45 ... you've got a set of FG wheels .... as 245/45R17 is the sizing of the Factory 17" wheels.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
Day-mow
rexnet

really you should try going JDM and stretch the front. how many inch is the the front rim. you can strech a 215/35 on a 8.5" rim. this should help aid clearance. i've had to do this and use wheel spacers on the front because the offset is +45 and they foul

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post