Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hobart International Motor show

It saw an advert on the tele, does anyone know any more?

Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
F6T
Has V8 envy

yeah....check this out

http://www.derwent.com.au/hobart_int...motor_show.php

I'm going out to see it on Sunday and to watch the finals of the Dyno comp.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

we were there with the club yesterday and last night. Its an ok show. we were expecting a little more. i would have a guess and say there is about 100 cars in the main arena, and the out skirts are trail bikes.
the dyno comp is held in the loading bay at the rear. its a good area, but you can see anything. they had the G&D monaro on there last night, and once the crowd lined up, unless u was at the front you couldnt see the car or the dyno screen.

i will go again today to give our cars the once over treatment and to watch some of the cars on the dyno. but its going to be a nightmare to try and get the cars out of displays to run on the dyno.

Its very limited space there, we were only alowed to enter 3 club cars.
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
notty1978
NOTTY

Wink

Ron from Orana Elite Ford club in Dubbo is there i have no idear how is is going
and what it is like
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by notty1978
Ron from Orana Elite Ford club in Dubbo is there i have no idear how is is going
and what it is like
spoke with him and his wife today. he has the GTP setup with our club
love the mods to the car.
Old 27-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #6
notty1978
NOTTY

thats good he thought there would be no one to talk to
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers guys! I did end up going but I didnt like it much. Only the dyno and the poster stand really interested me (oh and the tickford club). Very much overpriced, hard to move/see and not many cars.

That GT-P was absolutely awesome!
Old 28-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
Very much overpriced, hard to move/see and not many cars.
exactly.
i have to take a little while to think about my experiance from this car show.

very over priced
very one eyed holden in the judging, dyno and general show wise.

not to mention that none of the ford's got a run on the dyno at all. they booked us in, and both days conveniently run out of time. but they some how managed time to run extra hsv's and do demo edit tunes on them.
there was no entrant packs as advertised on the entrant form. there was no trophys as advertised on the entrant for either.
the only thing we got out of the promotor was a shannons insurance vehicle sign. that was it.
one of our club cars got best presented FPV vehicle. but it was an ED XR8 sprint that won it. and then it was only a colour printed a4 paper sign.

i have a few more thoughts about this show. i know that our club will not attened again next year. i think the promotors need to think about there attitude towards other makes besides the general holden brand. To have a self confessed one eyed holden man judge all of the cars, and then present an FPV award to a Tickford vehicle says it all.

i think maybe next year they should just call it the Hobart International holden show. If thats all the promoters want to show case then that is all they should advertise for entrants.

: : :
Old 29-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #9
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6
exactly.
i have to take a little while to think about my experiance from this car show.

very over priced
very one eyed holden in the judging, dyno and general show wise.

not to mention that none of the ford's got a run on the dyno at all. they booked us in, and both days conveniently run out of time. but they some how managed time to run extra hsv's and do demo edit tunes on them.
there was no entrant packs as advertised on the entrant form. there was no trophys as advertised on the entrant for either.
the only thing we got out of the promotor was a shannons insurance vehicle sign. that was it.
one of our club cars got best presented FPV vehicle. but it was an ED XR8 sprint that won it. and then it was only a colour printed a4 paper sign.

i have a few more thoughts about this show. i know that our club will not attened again next year. i think the promotors need to think about there attitude towards other makes besides the general holden brand. To have a self confessed one eyed holden man judge all of the cars, and then present an FPV award to a Tickford vehicle says it all.

i think maybe next year they should just call it the Hobart International holden show. If thats all the promoters want to show case then that is all they should advertise for entrants.

: : :
Agree, there would have been about 5 or 6 Fords in total I saw. Many more holdens, they had a heap of the commodore club there and also a few others where the dyno was.

Thats very slack that they didnt let any Fords run on the dyno, hardly surprising though considering that the people who ran it were wearing holden/hrt gear.

They claimed that they would have the turbo territory on display but I didnt see it (mind you, i am blind).
Old 29-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #10
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Do you guys come up to Vic for the motorshow?

If the Hobar International Airport is anything to go by, then I know why you feel short changed.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #11
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AME Show

I agree with ED XR6.

I had never been inside the Entertainment Centre but on first thought on walking in to the place I was wondering where the other half of the cars were. I think the place was a little too small, but going on what was actually there I don't know whether they needed more room. I was under the impression there were going to be "New" cars out of dealers show rooms, I think the only ones there were Ssang Yong.

It was very Holden biased, but that has already been mentioned, but I allowed 3 hours to go view all the vehicles but within an hour I'd well and truly seen everything. The guy I share my workshop with had very similar sentiments.

Being a member of the same club as ED XR6, I'd have to say I don't think the club should go out of it's way to attend again, unless there were some big promises from the promoter and maybe some independant judges.

Rant over for time being!
DayTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #12
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

I thought I would leave it a few days for me to calm down first before I put a post up. the show was Crap Crap and utter Crap. This was meant to be an INTERNATIONAL motor show, the Shannons All ford day it a hundred times better than this show was. Apparently the show is to be held bi-annually, well I think they need to to allow people to forget how bad it was. Over charged for car entry, over charged for trade displays and over charged for public entry, $14.00 an adult!!!. Promised trade displays that weren't there and over a hundred cars! there would have been fifty if their lucky.

Also got to wonder why 5 plus business that I know pulled out of the show.

My 2 cents.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #13
marcosambrose

Unlucky Tasmania. Sydney Motor Show is kick a*se.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post