Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default does anyone know when we will see spy shots of the orion?

hey its 2007 everyone so happy new year. with every new year comes new excitement and with that note it got me thinking about orion. is it due out sometime this year? if so then we are bound to see spy shots now arn't we?

feel free to add your opinions on what the car will look like and perform like.
also, anyone with actual information then that would be appreciated to know aswell. i don't know why but orion has really got me excited.

im predicting a euro/aussie looking falcon. it should keep the weight at what it is at now or less by around 50 kilos. i don't think it will be as chunky looking as the ba/bf. the 6ts will have a slight increase in power and fatter tires. the boss engines will have more low down torque and fatter tires aswell. if a new engine then it will sit better in the engine bay.
it will no doubt handle better. the xr6/xr8 might get the brembos and fpv will have even bigger ones. oh and better on fuel for the 8s

probably more out there wheel designs. im confident that it wont turn out looking anything like the ve. probably a blend of audi and the current falcon.

these are all assumptions and it doesnt really matter what i think will happen. its just about having abit of fun by guessing what will be the outcome of the falcon. what would really be awsome is that we have spy pics. when will the orion falcon be under production?

Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We'll see them in the months leading into the release.
They'll purposely released some spy shots just to whet the appetite.

If Obi-Wan Kenobi taught me anything, "patience!"
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was chatting to a bloke living 2 doors down from me in melbourne who was an engineer for the holden camp and was friends with a ford engineer. I know this starts out like its going to go some where but unfortunatly he would tell me nothing eccept to expect to see some great thing being done with the new model. I am now living in Brisbane and so going next door and inducing copious amounts of alcohole is out of the question.

And happy new year to every one
Old 01-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #4
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
We'll see them in the months leading into the release.
They'll purposely released some spy shots just to whet the appetite.

If Obi-Wan Kenobi taught me anything, "patience!"
lol its so hard. ive had to see the ve everywhere and the ba/bf looked hardly changed. people who don't know about ford think they are the same model. i want my orion :( lol. so is it coming this year ?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The VE spy shots were crap anyway. You could hardly see anything. You could tell it was a new model, but you could also tell it hadn't changed much.

Spy shots don't mean much to me. I can wait for the car to be complete and officially released. If Ford take their time and release a car that is more revolutionary than the VE (which really hasn't changed much from the VZ), then I'm willing to wait.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
falconlover
Bathurst 2007, Ford 1-2-3

I think we will see orion spy shots coming in the middle of 2007.
falconlover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
RATT

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...28#post1169128
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that car looks nice. when is orion coming? end of this year?
Old 01-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
that car looks nice. when is orion coming? end of this year?
been anwered many times. there is NO release date yet. most likly early next year.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #10
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
The VE spy shots were crap anyway. You could hardly see anything. You could tell it was a new model, but you could also tell it hadn't changed much.

Spy shots don't mean much to me. I can wait for the car to be complete and officially released. If Ford take their time and release a car that is more revolutionary than the VE (which really hasn't changed much from the VZ), then I'm willing to wait.
Take it from a person that has driven both, It's a huge change, You never felt too safe pressing a VT-VZ hard, Press the VE and you feel safe that it's not going too bite and kill you.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey slick. i bet your right about improvments from vz to ve. thats why ford need to hurry with orion. we want something different. oh and make space for your private messages.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #12
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

With a bit of luck I'll be seeing to cars in the flesh soon.
Ford engineers do testing in the bush not far from my place, thats how I saw the BAs long before there release, The only trouble is, they have them covered with bar bra's front & back, & black masking tape all over the joint.

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #13
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
With a bit of luck I'll be seeing to cars in the flesh soon.
Ford engineers do testing in the bush not far from my place, thats how I saw the BAs long before there release, The only trouble is, they have them covered with bar bra's front & back, & black masking tape all over the joint.

be sure to have your camera ready . when you started seeing ba's how long after was it released? that would give us a good indication on when orion will be released.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #14
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
hey slick. i bet your right about improvments from vz to ve. thats why ford need to hurry with orion. we want something different. oh and make space for your private messages.
lol i just got a email telling me too:P, Thats never happen before all clean.

The changes made too the BA from AU were Future enhancements, Many things that were a couple of years away, So it's no wonder that the only thing that holds the BF back today is it's shell, And that's only debatable with peoples personal preference.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #15
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Aussie
lol i just got a email telling me too:P, Thats never happen before all clean.

The changes made too the BA from AU were Future enhancements, Many things that were a couple of years away, So it's no wonder that the only thing that holds the BF back today is it's shell, And that's only debatable with peoples personal preference.
don't get me wrong. i wouldnt be too upset if this new model looks very similar to ba/bf. its just as far as power has gone its remained the same. the good thing about the ba/bf keeping power at the same gives it better resale. and lets face it, the people who complain about the power remainin the same are usually the people who don't own a ba/bf because any normal person would not want to buy a car with 260 kilowatts only to have the next car doing 300 kilowatts for the same price that you bought your car a few months prior.

the ba/bf has had a good run and i think its time for a change if it wants to keep up with the ve. 300 kilowatts for the phoon and 330 for the boss low down torque for the boss. abit of weight loss here and there. a new shell and you will have an ultimate car.

i'm sure ford/fpv would love to do this but everything has a price. its good that they are waiting for orion because that helps people with resale. my cousins friend bought a fully worked vy ss for 24 grand. he is a ford fan with a tatoo but he said the ba xr8s of the same year were 28 min. he didnt like the au so he got the vy. ss and xr8's start off the same price but the xr8 held its value longer. so itys a good thing ford don't just up the power like holden.

i'm just really excited about orion because i love ford and its always fun to see a new model.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #16
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

My brother was the same, He keeped a hold of his EFII Because he wasn't a AU fan, He's misses mum and dad had bought one a AUIII Classic, And her dad had company utes all the time, He got a BA ute dedicated gas, In 3 months it was replaced with his current MKII Ute no gas, It just didn't go. But the MKII is a real good ute he loves it, They do most of there driving in the ute and don't seem too use the AUIII Very much at all.

The phoon really doesn't need a large power increase, Maybe 10kw, the boss really does need a motor on, 280kw from XR 310-320kw from FPV. I'd like too see Ford go back too some old fashion power with some pushrods.

I love too see these spy shots and new models come through also, First new model cars i have seen were the VY-BA, I missed all other models, Guess i can thank the net for seeing them.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #17
HLC
Audi S3

hopefully soon.

If Fords design department work anything like Holdens, the styling will have been confirmed a couple of years ago. prolly 2005. (the styling for the VE was confirmed in '03 IIRC- saw a presentation by the chief designer of holden recently).
Old 02-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #18
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Aussie
My brother was the same, He keeped a hold of his EFII Because he wasn't a AU fan, He's misses mum and dad had bought one a AUIII Classic, And her dad had company utes all the time, He got a BA ute dedicated gas, In 3 months it was replaced with his current MKII Ute no gas, It just didn't go. But the MKII is a real good ute he loves it, They do most of there driving in the ute and don't seem too use the AUIII Very much at all.

The phoon really doesn't need a large power increase, Maybe 10kw, the boss really does need a motor on, 280kw from XR 310-320kw from FPV. I'd like too see Ford go back too some old fashion power with some pushrods.

I love too see these spy shots and new models come through also, First new model cars i have seen were the VY-BA, I missed all other models, Guess i can thank the net for seeing them.

i dont know slick. im not sure if its because the boss has quad over head cams or whatever but it just sounds so much more beasty then the old ls1 push rod engines. my cousins friend has his vy ss worked. a genuine 12 second car 11's with the nos set up and we all agree that the boss has a meatier sounding engine. people can put exaust on but if you have a good ear you can hear what sounds niicer and the boss engine sounds nicer. thats just my opinion. i think the boss just needs more low down torque and a rev limiter to 6500rpm. id be pretty happyif the boss stayed at 290 but was lighter and torque was 600nm