Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default EA impresses ..

My wife has been sick with an ear infection and cannot drive. My Dad came to pick her up and drive her to the doctor yesterday. We live about 30min drive out of town (country Vic) and my wife was dreading the ride in Dad's EA Falcon S in her current condition. When I picked her up last night, she told me how impressed she was with the old EA, how well it went and how nice the ride was. We both agreed that it ain't no racecar, but as a reliable old daily driver that's nice to drive, it's hard to beat!

OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #2
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are a few good ones around ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

My old EA was a excellent car. It gave our family 8 years of loyal service. No headgasket issues and apart from normal servicing and a couple of belts it gave us no trouble whatsoever. It's not like it had an easy life either. The first year and a bit we owned it it never copped an oil change and it was the first car for myself and my brother.

It started as a cfi 3 speed and eventually became a mpi 5 speed and reeled off a 16.2 1/4 in 100% stock trim with over 400,000k's on the clock. Just recently it was parted out and sent to the crusher even though it was still nicer than a good majority or EAs left on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
snortycorty

Well I'm glad to hear some are ok! You's are lucky buggers!
Any one for a swap...? Actually i wouldnt even give ours away... not to someone we know anyway!
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
OldManGhia

Yea, the old EAII I had was a great car, had it for nearly 4 years and didn't cost me a cent in repairs, the only problem it had was with the power sterring rack which was replaced under warranty. As for my current AUI I'm thinking its time to move on. Continuing problems with brakes that no one seems to be able to fix, won't start or stalls on gas. Gearbox up shifts when it should be down shifting especially when going up a slight hill. And the list goes on. I keep telling it I'll buy a BF but it isn't listening, oh well.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Ive said it before, the EA 2 is still a nice car.

A well maintained (yes i know they are rare) MPFI EA2 whether it be a 4 or 5 speed is still a nice car, they have plenty of grunt, look nice and have a reasonable interior.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
My wife has been sick with an ear infection and cannot drive. My Dad came to pick her up and drive her to the doctor yesterday. We live about 30min drive out of town (country Vic) and my wife was dreading the ride in Dad's EA Falcon S in her current condition. When I picked her up last night, she told me how impressed she was with the old EA, how well it went and how nice the ride was. We both agreed that it ain't no racecar, but as a reliable old daily driver that's nice to drive, it's hard to beat!
Yeah they're not a bad old jigger.... IF you keep them in good nick.
My stretch-EA (NA Fairlane) just goes & goes. Smoothly and comfortably to boot. Not bad for a car with a street value of $900.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

damn right the EA is still a nice car. my dads AU VCT tickford ghia struggles to keep up the 5spd manuals.

Quote:
Continuing problems with brakes that no one seems to be able to fix with AU
yeh i see exactly what you mean, again my dads brakes on his AU arnt exactly big enough the car it seems, they need machining far to regulary. they are not treated hard, except for when they began to smell burt and faid in performance when going down mountains a couple of weeks ago lol. and NO ONE seems to be able to fix them?
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

Too right. EAs, particularily EAIIs are seriously underrated. Mine runs beautifully, is very comfy, and has never left me stranded (besides when I pranged it). It did it's first and only headgasket at 220,000kms (it was still drivable), and I had to replace the steering rack around the same time. It has had a few heater and aircon problems, and power windows have been a real annoyance. It's now at 230,000 and besides those issues, it has been a good daily driver. It still looks good, the interior is great, and it drives fairly well. Some people think EA = crap. They aren't all bad cars

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post