Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Default Lyntons Motorsport Track Day w'bank raceway

I managed to slip out to qrw today and watch some of the qld members do a final shakedown before the Dutton rally in two weeks time. It was a fairly large turnout with Ferrari's, Porsches, M3's and a lonely HSV GTS Coupe which sounded awesome at full noise. A couple of pics for now with the rest to follow.

On a sad note their were a couple of boss powered cars that left on tilttrays.
One djr320 which dropped onto seven cylinders making an unpleasant noise befor coming to a stop. Also our man Jabba had an engine lunch itself coming onto the front straight.

I feel for you Matt, your very passionate towards your motorsport and to have this happen two weeks out of an event which you had worked so hard to be prepared for is @#$%.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

The first fj holden i've seen mix it with current model M3' and then pass them.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 14-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it is a bitter pill to swallow, but worse is the is not handling it to well. I feel very depressed at the moment as I have worked hard to get the ute going as hard as it was. But I have a good bunch of blokes around me to give me some support and assistants, they would be Don Turner, Nathan Lynton(Herrod QLD) and Rob Herrod. All of the have offered there assistance to get me going and back into the Dutton and to do it well....

Thankyou so much to all of you.
Matt

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
GT-P 390

Nice shots noddy. Not so nice to hear about AFF member misfortunes.

Was the djr320 the s/c one off the forum?

BANKRUPT I - 2005 BAII GT-P Manual, Velocity, Herrod Extractors and Cats, Xtreme 1300kg Ceramic Clutch and Lightened Flywheel, Bluepower CAI, Herrod Suresix Shifter, John Bowe S/S Signature Series Exhaust, King Springs (Race Series), Bilstein Sport Shocks and 30mm Whiteline adjustable front sway-bay, 3.7 gears.

FPV/Tickford Owners Club of W.A. Member.
GT-P 390 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Yes it is a bitter pill to swallow, but worse is the is not handling it to well. I feel very depressed at the moment as I have worked hard to get the ute going as hard as it was. But I have a good bunch of blokes around me to give me some support and assistants, they would be Don Turner, Nathan Lynton(Herrod QLD) and Rob Herrod. All of the have offered there assistance to get me going and back into the Dutton and to do it well....

Matt

Well this is very dissapointing, and very unlucky, especially being just two weeks out from the dutton. What happened to the engine matt. Did you throw a rod?

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

F430 dash

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 14-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Also Glen Setton was their helping a mate with his Mustang, they made a heap of adjustments throughout the day. Front and rear coil over spring changes, tyre compound changes, he was throughly enjoying himself. Who wouldn't, i have a vid of this car which i'll try and get up tonight.

In the second pic you can see a black turbo terri in the background, it belongs to our other Dutton Rally entrant Gruntr. Sadly the big cube, blown T3 was not ready for todays meet. To be honest i was itching to see this car unleashed on the track today, oh well i will have to wait two more weeks. btw the auto is out and a six speed Mal woods box is in.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 14-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Some good pictures their noddy...keep them comming.

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Old 14-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Hey jabba, this must be a message from the Gods to tell you something....

Toss the 8 and get the 6!!!! muhawaaaa.

On a serious note mate, its never good seeing your pride and joy leaving on a truck (I know from the first Morgan park event) but it just means new bits making the whole package that much better!

Best of luck with getting it all ready for the rally!
Old 14-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #10
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Well this is very dissapointing, and very unlucky, especially being just two weeks out from the dutton. What happened to the engine matt. Did you throw a rod?

Cheers.
Not sure. It could be as small as a big end bearing or broken rod. But what I do have is a small hole in the sump right at the back and a motor that shakes pretty bad... The motor gets opened on Monday morning...... Fingers crossed it is not a worse case scenario....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 14-07-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 14-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #11
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Hey jabba, this must be a message from the Gods to tell you something....

Toss the 8 and get the 6!!!! muhawaaaa.
Now why would I do that for. I want a tough ute, not a Homo wagon.....

Noddy, did you get any footage or photo's of of my "pants staining" moment through turn 1.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 14-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Matt
Sorry, my first line in my first post is ment to read like this.......
Yes it is a bitter pill to swallow, but worse is the WIFE is not handling it to well.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 14-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #13
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Not sure. It could be as small as a big end bearing or broken rod. But what I do have is a small hole in the sump right at the back and a motor that shakes pretty bad... The motor gets opened on Monday morning...... Fingers crossed it is not a worse case scenario....

Although it's a stroke of bad luck, it could of happened in the middle of the dutton, even day 1 which would have ruined the entire event for you. Hopefully it will be an easy fix for you. With your tune, maybe you should back off the rev limiter to factory, just for the event assuming your running a higher rev limit.

Cheers.

Old 14-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #14
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do have a higher rev limit but I was shifting at 5800rpm. Rev cut is at 6250... standard rev cut is 5800...

It was bad luck. after adding the cams and gears I new the bottom end was a weak link in the chain. I new it would be a matter of time before it would need to be rebuilt. But I did not think it would lunck it self so soon.... Also the could of been caused be a oil surge, and if it is just a big end bearing I would say that oil surge was the cause of the failure....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 15-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #15
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

OMG Matt, bloody sorry to hear that mate really am. Obviously we were all very excited for you and can only imagine what you are going through ATM, must be heart wrenching :(

I can well imagine how the wife would be handling it too Matty, would be a concern for me- I know mine would be distraught for two reasons- 1/ all the money and time and 2/ she knows how much I love my car and would feel bad for me

You seem to be surrounded by a great bunch of guys who no doubt will not let you down- I hope for the best for pulling the motor down and really look foward to you tearing the Dutton apart in that beast of yours mate and doing yourself and all if us here proud.

There's no question you put the effort in Matt- would love to see it where it belongs for you.....
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 01:30 AM   #16
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Like a lot of people, I've been reading about all the work and the successful outcomes in preping your ute for this event. I hope you're still able to make it and put in a good showing. With all the great feedback and info you have been posting, promoting Herrods vernia gears, its little wonder they're sticking by you to offer what assistance they can. I'm sure we all can imagine the benefit to Herrods to have your ute in Dutton's putting in a good result, would even add to the interest you have generated with these gears.

Hope it all works out for you intime for the event.
(Oh and all the best of luck at the home front. You'll probably need it there more so than on the track).
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 05:34 AM   #17
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for all your words of support, I do appreciate it...I think we should get back to the thread and I know it my fault that thread strayed from its original path....

Guy's, the day was awesome. QLD raceway through a few curve balls at me when I first when out.. It's such a fast track and easy to get it wrong, exspecialy turn 1 and 3.. I actually never realized how tight turn 3 & 4 was, and they caught me out first time out... I also don't recommend going side ways through turn 1 either. It was a absolute pants staining moment... But hay, I caught the slide(eventually) and powered on

how were the exotic cars out thier, the first 8 cars parked in the pit would total 5 million easy, and the owners drove them the way they were designed to be driven....

Then there was meeting Seto... What can I say but he is nothing short to being a true gentlemen, he even stuck his head under my ute to have a geezer on what let go.... I also had a long chat to him about his kid and his new found life... He is a very happy and I don't think he is missing the V8's all that much.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 15-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #18
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:

Noddy, did you get any footage or photo's of of my "pants staining" moment through turn 1.....
No not when the actual engine expired, only a small grab of you coming onto the front straight and past me. I only had a stills camera that has the ability to take some video. I will still post it though. Here's a thirty second grab of Setto backing the mustang out of the pits.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 15-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #19
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Then why do you insist on having to look at the bums of the T6s????
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post