Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Default Holden's me off..

After a nice dinner with the miss at the usual, we're cruising home , All of a sudden this VE GTS tail gates right up my ( Not Happy ) thinking whats this 's problem, So change lanes from the centre lane to the far left lane this dick follows.

Next set of lights is red, I take off normal 80kph limit, this guy wouldn't give up his dying for a race, I let it go , he gets ****ed , driving closer to my car and , at this stage I've had enough wacked it back down to 2nd already had him by 3 cars at speed XXXkph. I slow back down to speed limit , I put the window down and say to him you happy now . he just puts his thumb up and drives off like the pussy that he is.

This type of s h i t just pev's me off. I just cant drive my GT anyware without someone wanting to race. :evil3:
The price some pay for having a quick street GT.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Steffo
LPG > You

Probably thought he was gonna get a "kill," in his shiney new GTS 307. Oops...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll happily take the mods off your car free of charge if you don't like the extra attention they entail!!

I bet he wishes he had your car instead of his GTS...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
After a nice dinner with the miss at the usual, we're cruising home , All of a sudden this VE GTS tail gates right up my ( Not Happy ) thinking whats this 's problem, So change lanes from the centre lane to the far left lane this dick follows.

Next set of lights is red, I take off normal 80kph limit, this guy wouldn't give up his dying for a race, I let it go , he gets ****ed , driving closer to my car and , at this stage I've had enough wacked it back down to 2nd already had him by 3 cars at speed XXXkph. I slow back down to speed limit , I put the window down and say to him you happy now . he just puts his thumb up and drives off like the pussy that he is.

This type of s h i t just pev's me off. I just cant drive my GT anyware without someone wanting to race. :evil3:
I have heard that cops are using similar antics to catch people for street racing. Be careful.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

Yay, Im a boyracer.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #6
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I have heard that cops are using similar antics to catch people for street racing. Be careful.
They do. Mate lost his licence after getting sucked into racing an undercover EDXR6 (long time ago).
Old 12-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #7
Jayden
Graphic Artist

That never happens to me.

cant put my finger on why though. oh thats right GLi :
Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #8
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
That would be double Standards , By law they cannot guess your speed based on their speedo ( Racing you ), they must also be in a stopped parked position in order to get your speed reading from a radar device.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:55 AM   #9
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

they would most likely get you for dangerous driving not speeding

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I feel your pain, even Fords want to try to race me for some reason, only ever Ba/f's though. Must be an inferiority complex
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 12-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #11
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
I feel your pain, even Fords want to try to race me for some reason, only ever Ba/f's though. Must be an inferiority complex
They are just trying to get away from that hideous sight that is the AU :

*jokes*
Old 12-11-2007, 01:05 AM   #12
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

He baited you, you took it hook line and sinker, how are you any better than him?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
They are just trying to get away from that hideous sight that is the AU :

*jokes*
And all they end up seeing is tailights on my beautifully sculpted a..... :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 12-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #14
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

welcome to the world of owning a high performance vehicle..... even in my sprint i get tossers in commodores trying to race me..... only ever bitten twice, once was a mate trying to be a smartarse in his SV6, and the other time was a fellow sprint owner on a cruise......
Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 AM   #15
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

Quote:
they must also be in a stopped parked position in order to get your speed reading from a radar device.
Nothing to do with this case but that is not true, there are marked cars with raidars on the roof to catch you speeding if you are going in the other direction, these are used while they are mobile. I found out the hard way.

You must have at least felt a little bit good beating him in his nice new piece of ............

also selling my C.A.P.A tune box

pics of my Turbo Ghia are here
EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 AM   #16
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

what a hard life eh?
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #17
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
He baited you, you took it hook line and sinker, how are you any better than him?
That's what I was thinking.

I love it how people whinge about someone trying to drag race them, but really it's their own fault for being suckered into it, in the first place. So yeah I agree he's just as bad, as the bloke in the GTS.

Last edited by Ryan; 12-11-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #18
Disciple
Banned

Quote:

Try owning a quick EVO man. Everyone wants to race me from beat up old Senators to R34 Skylines to brand new HSV's. I've only run two. The rest I don't bother with and just keep driving.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #19
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
That would be double Standards , By law they cannot guess your speed based on their speedo ( Racing you ), they must also be in a stopped parked position in order to get your speed reading from a radar device.

Wrong!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #20
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool story, Hansel?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #21
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Yeah, the cops often do it to bait people and then take their licences. They have an undercover typhoon at auburn police, and they catch many a "fully sick" car who want a race. You want photos of rice; go to the auburn police holding yard. More blow off valves than a pod of whales.

Cruising in the LTD's tends not to attract that much attention, although V6 commodores are always the culprit whenever someone wants a go. I just drive off normally and catch them at the next set of lights where I look at them and deliberately laugh. They invariably look like tools for doing it anyway.
A commodore V6, more wheezing than your local lung cancer ward.

Quote: