Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Vfacts november 2021

Ford finished the month in number three, Ranger sitting number one.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...rtages-sink-in

Ford Ranger 4429 Up 4.0%
Toyota HiLux 4228 Down 16.1%
Hyundai i30 2254 Up 10.1%
Toyota Corolla 2104 Down 24.2%
Toyota RAV4 1820 Down 52.1%
Nissan Navara 1792 Up 78.1%
Mitsubishi Outlander 1633 Up 53.8%
Mitsubishi ASX 1625 Up 10.9%
MG ZS 1576 Up 39.1%
Hyundai Tucson 1541 Down 22.8%

Toyota 15,239 Down 34.3%
Hyundai 6854 Down 0.7%
Ford 6215 Down 6.0%
Mitsubishi 5720 Up 4.2%
Mazda 5295 Down 41.5%
Kia 4915 Down 8.6%
MG 3743 Up 85.2%
Nissan 3509 Down 12.3%
Volkswagen 3098 Down 5.5%
Subaru 2712 Down 15.3%
BMW 2211 Down 16.5%
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vfacts november 2021

Ford Escape - 119
Ford Everest - 1,038
Ford Fiesta - 10
Ford Focus - 32
Ford Mustang - 294
Ford Puma - 166
Ford Ranger 4X2 - 481
Ford Ranger 4X4 - 3,948
Ford Transit Bus - 44
Ford Transit Custom - 31
Ford Transit Heavy - 52
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-12-2021, 10:11 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Everest outsold Prado for the first time ever. Supply issues aside, a wins a win. First time it’s sold over 1000 units for a month too. It’s really grown over the past 12 months.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #4
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Everest outsold Prado for the first time ever. Supply issues aside, a wins a win. First time it’s sold over 1000 units for a month too. It’s really grown over the past 12 months.
That’s big news regardless of Prado sales…….
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2021, 12:48 AM   #5
prydey
Rob

Ford continue to do well in the charts and these threads get shorter and shorter...
Old 05-12-2021, 08:57 AM   #6
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Ford continue to do well in the charts and these threads get shorter and shorter...
There is a lot of people here that want Ford to fail just so they can say ‘I told you so’. Looking forward to my new car next year just don’t know whether to get another Ranger or go the Everest this time. With baby number two on the way the Everest is becoming a more enticing option, can’t wait to see what the new one looks like.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #7
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipXW View Post
There is a lot of people here that want Ford to fail just so they can say ‘I told you so’. Looking forward to my new car next year just don’t know whether to get another Ranger or go the Everest this time. With baby number two on the way the Everest is becoming a more enticing option, can’t wait to see what the new one looks like.
Or could it be because a majority of active members were drawn to the brand because of the Falcon, and have since lost interest with a pretty boring line up (Mustang and Focus ST excluded)…
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 09:55 AM   #8
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Ford’s smartest decision was to prioritise chip supply to F Series in the US and to Ranger globally,
T6 Ranger has aged well and built up strong repeat business, an excellent springboard for 2022.
The surprise of 2021 is how Everest sales continue to grow even with strong Ranger sales.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 10:08 AM   #9
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Or could it be because a majority of active members were drawn to the brand because of the Falcon, and have since lost interest with a pretty boring line up (Mustang and Focus ST excluded)…
Well continuously sooking about it isn’t going to bring it back. If your passion for the brand died with the Falcon then move onto something else. Pretty simple really
4 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 10:34 AM   #10
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well continuously sooking about it isn’t going to bring it back. If your passion for the brand died with the Falcon then move onto something else. Pretty simple really
I don’t see any sooking about it, more the lack of interest in new Fords sold is indicative most members align more with the Falcon than the current line up.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:47 AM   #11
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah and tearing down a sales leader like Ranger to make a point on sales diversity is counter
productive. We all want to see more Ford vehicles but what are we to do when that’s not possible.

Getting vehicles out of Europe is like passing diamonds at the moment but I wonder
what happened to Chinese Territory that was to be sold in South Africa?
If that is available in RHD, could it be a starter here too?
Old 05-12-2021, 11:29 AM   #12
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Yeah and tearing down a sales leader like Ranger to make a point on sales diversity is counter
productive. We all want to see more Ford vehicles but what are we to do when that’s not possible.

Getting vehicles out of Europe is like passing diamonds at the moment but I wonder
what happened to Chinese Territory that was to be sold in South Africa?
If that is available in RHD, could it be a starter here too?
I think Chinese Edge https://youtu.be/iYU5CJZtEjI would be better as Chinese Territory (below) has no semblance to the old name here, much smaller in size and ability.

And yes buying from China has a whole lot of geopolitical implications however one whispered fact is Ford China builds at a very high quality...

Last edited by Dr Smith; 05-12-2021 at 11:36 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #13
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I think Chinese Edge https://youtu.be/iYU5CJZtEjI would be better as Chinese Territory (below) has no semblance to the old name here, much smaller in size and ability.

And yes buying from China has a whole lot of geopolitical implications however one whispered fact is Ford China builds at a very high quality...image
I thought the Territory because if sold in South Africa, it would be RHD, yes?
The Chinese also have Equator which is 3-row Edge with Chinese engines and gearboxes.
Those two would be far less costly than ordering in unobtainable/ tight supply Euro Fords.
The biggest disappointment was Aussie developed CD4 Taurus for an unappreciative Chinese market…
Old 05-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #14
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
While there is no denying the Falcon factor, I would argue that most manufacturers have boring lineups these days.

Looking at the Top 10 companies last month, with the exception of BMW with it's (expensive) M cars, there is not much in the way of excitement.

Toyota (Supra, Yaris GR)
Hyundai (i30N)
Ford (Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Mustang HP/GT/Mach1, Ranger Raptor)
Mitsubishi (Ha, none whatsoever)
Mazda (MX-5)
Kia (Stinger GT)
MG ()
Nissan (Ancient 370Z and discontinued GTR)
Volkswagen (Polo GTi and Golf GTi/R)
Subaru (Ancient WRX)
BMW (M2, M3, M4, M5, M8, X3M, X5M, X6M)

Ford actually offer the most in terms of "exciting" models in their lineup outside of big dollar BMW's. What they don't offer is a RWD sedan anymore.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 05:23 PM   #15
prydey
Rob

Based on sales, it's the so called boring ones that make up the bulk of the top spots.

Also just because a particular car doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's boring. The puma and escape models are very good cars. Escape would run rings around any non turbo falcon and most b series stock turbos. I can't think of any area where the falcon would be better actually.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:33 PM   #16
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don’t see any sooking about it, more the lack of interest in new Fords sold is indicative most members align more with the Falcon than the current line up.
You don’t have to go back far into these threads to see the amount of people sinking the boot into Ford when they were 5th-7th place. Long after the falcon died. Now they are going well it’s crickets.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #17
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
You don’t have to go back far into these threads to see the amount of people sinking the boot into Ford when they were 5th-7th place. Long after the falcon died. Now they are going well it’s crickets.
They're up from 6th to 3rd because the brands that were 3rd, 4th and in that 5th/6th battle with Ford are having supply issues.
If Mazda returned to its 9k/month, Mitsubishi back to its 7k/month and Kia back to its 6k/month that they regularly saw 12 months ago Ford would be back in that 5/6th spot.
As JDP said, throwing their chips at F series and locally Ranger/Everest has been the local arms savior, thats it, their monthly numbers arent up significantly over pre COVID/Semi conductor results.

Wait until supply issues are resolved and see where things sit.
Thats not sinking the boot in, thats just the reality of it.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2021, 11:19 PM   #18
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Based on sales, it's the so called boring ones that make up the bulk of the top spots.

Also just because a particular car doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's boring. The puma and escape models are very good cars. Escape would run rings around any non turbo falcon and most b series stock turbos. I can't think of any area where the falcon would be better actually.
That is to be expected with twenty years of progress should it not.
Let’s be honest, the Puma and Escape aren’t going to spawn an enthusiastic following the Falcon/Mustang/Commodore etc have. Visit any Puma FB page and the bulk of content is probably technically challenged boomers asking how to use the infotainment system.

But hey, I was just giving a very likely reason as to why members these days don’t get too tied up with sales figures.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:40 PM   #19
prydey
Rob

Post Re: Vfacts november 2021

Quote:
That is to be expected with twenty years of progress should it not.
Let’s be honest, the Puma and Escape aren’t going to spawn an enthusiastic following the Falcon/Mustang/Commodore etc have. Visit any Puma FB page and the bulk of content is probably technically challenged boomers asking how to use the infotainment system.

But hey, I was just giving a very likely reason as to why members these days don’t get too tied up with sales figures.
You are forgetting no one wanted falcons any more...

And members do care about the sales figures but apparently not when they are positive.

See above. Many excuses for other marques but the same excuses not afforded Ford.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:57 PM   #20
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
See above. Many excuses for other marques but the same excuses not afforded Ford.
And what apart from perhaps Escape is Ford having supply issues of?
Ranger is on par with where it usually is, Mustang has been in decline before supply issues, new Focus never really fired, Fiesta is a niche product now, the only significant growth has been Everest and thats by 400 units over where it was traditionally.
Theres very little in the Ford camp to be effected by supply so its not a case of not affording them the same excuses.
You think Escape is a 1500 unit seller? Or Focus to compete with Corolla, i30 or Cerato suddenly if not for Covid.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #21
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Ranger or even Hilux was a brand on its own, they’d be about sixth on the list of last month’s sales by manufacturers,
the tail gets long very quickly…..

If you’re gonna be a one vehicle brand, at least pick one with good sales……ask Holden how diversity worked for them

Last edited by jpd80; 06-12-2021 at 10:13 AM.
6 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #22
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

There's a large Falcon contingent that don't get worked up over VFACTS, but is it a Falcon contingent? I'd argue to a degree, but it's hard to get worked up about even excellent vehicles that are not 'OURS'. Australian. My default was to buy Australian. And Ford foremost. But i bought a red team vehicle when no new Australian Fords were available. And jumped from Euro Ford to Euro Ford. But they're not ours, great cars, but i don't feel invested. We're all proud of the Ford Aus team that's created Ranger, and they've done something with a global flavour only that talented team could bring to this vehicle.

To see it's success is to feel some pride in the blue oval and the awesome talented Australians that have brought it to the global stage, but it's just not the same. I'm determined to move to the new Ranger, for that element of 'ownership' brought by the Australian engineering team from my current Fist...but it's hard knowing that while the design is 'ours', the whole is not. :( Shouldn't stop us celebrating our successes, especially when we know some of those on the Ranger and greater remaining Ford Aus team still take the time to come here and interact with us.

I miss the Ford Australia we had. But long live the Ford of now, at least we have something. But the rivalry we loved and sometimes hated is long gone, and that was the tinder that fuelled the VFACTS fire.

(disclosure i grew up in Geelong)
Old 06-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #23
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I certainly don't care about ford's sales these days or most of the cars they are selling. It's hard to get excited about another dual cab on the road or some other generic looking soft roader. Times have changed and most manufactures are just making boring disposable cars, or moving to electric.

I was a falcon lover not a Ford man.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #24
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
There's a large Falcon contingent that don't get worked up over VFACTS, but is it a Falcon contingent? I'd argue to a degree, but it's hard to get worked up about even excellent vehicles that are not 'OURS'. Australian. My default was to buy Australian. And Ford foremost. But i bought a red team vehicle when no new Australian Fords were available. And jumped from Euro Ford to Euro Ford. But they're not ours, great cars, but i don't feel invested. We're all proud of the Ford Aus team that's created Ranger, and they've done something with a global flavour only that talented team could bring to this vehicle.

To see it's success is to feel some pride in the blue oval and the awesome talented Australians that have brought it to the global stage, but it's just not the same. I'm determined to move to the new Ranger, for that element of 'ownership' brought by the Australian engineering team from my current Fist...but it's hard knowing that while the design is 'ours', the whole is not. :( Shouldn't stop us celebrating our successes, especially when we know some of those on the Ranger and greater remaining Ford Aus team still take the time to come here and interact with us.
And then consider the Americans jumped on board late in the new Ranger/ Everest design cycle which would suggest the F series look is about their market so our styling input is gradually being watered down, soon our top 3 sellers will all be US corporate look.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:32 PM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
And what apart from perhaps Escape is Ford having supply issues of?
Ranger is on par with where it usually is, Mustang has been in decline before supply issues, new Focus never really fired, Fiesta is a niche product now, the only significant growth has been Everest and thats by 400 units over where it was traditionally.
Theres very little in the Ford camp to be effected by supply so its not a case of not affording them the same excuses.
You think Escape is a 1500 unit seller? Or Focus to compete with Corolla, i30 or Cerato suddenly if not for Covid.

Ford has supply issues across most models, the only one that seems to have plenty of yard stock is Puma. There is plenty of Ranger stock coming and going but most of it is accounted for when it arrives.

There is a huge order book for Mustangs with most people waiting 12 months, (I waited 6 for mine). My dealer currently has 12 Mustangs on order.

Also there is a long wait on some Everest product, Sport in particular.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #26
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Which Falcon? the majority of them sold were Futuras weren't they? . now that's boring.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #27
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Which Falcon? the majority of them sold were Futuras weren't they? . now that's boring.
Did the majority of members who previously took an interest in new car sales own a Futura?
Is the Futura the reason why they joined the forum?
Is the Futura the reason why Ford gained a loyal and enthusiastic following back when they were making cars in Aus?
Did Subaru gain a cult following in the 1990s because of the base spec auto 1.5 litre Imprezza on 14" wheels?
I think the point went over your head.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 03:13 PM   #28
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
They're up from 6th to 3rd because the brands that were 3rd, 4th and in that 5th/6th battle with Ford are having supply issues.
If Mazda returned to its 9k/month, Mitsubishi back to its 7k/month and Kia back to its 6k/month that they regularly saw 12 months ago Ford would be back in that 5/6th spot.
As JDP said, throwing their chips at F series and locally Ranger/Everest has been the local arms savior, thats it, their monthly numbers arent up significantly over pre COVID/Semi conductor results.

Wait until supply issues are resolved and see where things sit.
Thats not sinking the boot in, thats just the reality of it.
In another thread you were full of praise for Toyota for stock piling chips to avoid stock shortages in the earlier stages of the chip issues. So I’m guessing Ford is now one of the best run companies around for throwing all their chips at their most profitable models. Perhaps other brands should take notice.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #29
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post

There was always a performance variant of the falcon, xr6, xr8, turbo f6, GT's turbo territory ect and you could get them in a manual (not sure if territory had manual option). You could watch them race around bathurst, come to the ford forums and check out all the mods people were doing to them, the good old days.

Now we have puma, escape and some dual cabs. I'm sure they rock some peoples boat but there not a replacement for what we used to have. And its not just ford as has been pointed out many times, most manufacturers are pumping out over complicated shopping trolleys.

Hence why the price of older performance cars is on the rise, enthusiasts realize its over, if you want a performance sedan better get in quick and put one in the shed.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #30
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
In another thread you were full of praise for Toyota for stock piling chips to avoid stock shortages in the earlier stages of the chip issues. So I’m guessing Ford is now one of the best run companies around for throwing all their chips at their most profitable models. Perhaps other brands should take notice.
I was thinking along those lines too.

Clearly that stockpile Toyota had allowed them to make hay while they could, but now the situation has come back to them and they too are limited.

I'm sure when supplies normalize, the sales will even back out. But at the moment, Ford have chips heading to models that are in demand are reaping the benefits of it.

This is a Ford Forum, we are allowed to celebrate when the brand does well. Could Ford be selling more of their other models, maybe, maybe not. People want dual cabs, 7 seat 4WD's and a certain V8 powered coupe that has no direct competitor. Why is this a bad thing to prioritize models that sell and make good money?
Mustang GT

4 users like this post: