Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Default Mechanic for conversion needed!

Hi all,

Thanks to advice from you guys, i've decided to put a BA I6 into my '67 merc..

Now, I need a reputable place to do the swap for me! This isn't going to be a performance car.. I just want a stock (maybe rebuilt if it needs it) BA I6 put into a '67 mercedes 250SE.. and I need it reliable (the entire point i'm doing this in the first place.. something cheaper to service/maintain and something reliable since I drive a lot.. then later down the track will consider modding the engine)

Right now i'm after quotes, and people I can talk to, to get details etc sorted... then early next year i'll be going ahead with it all.

If anyone knows anyone west of sydney (I live in blue mtns but willing to travel somewhat if it means a better workshop).. throw up contacts, emails, numbers, whatever!

Also places I can source the engine from?

Thanks guys!

PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
AuFairlaneV8

wondering if a ba six would fit in and xj40 jag hrmm that would be nice

sorry Im no help to you on this topic
AuFairlaneV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

You could always give Rod a call, but I remeber reading he's no longer in the game.
Try pricing up one of the engines first... You'd be better outlaying for the turbo engine and leaving it standard. Yes, you need a little more room, but the straight six is narrow, just a little long, but the thermos will easily fit between the grille and the radiator in the merc.

I'm planning to do the same conversion to the old XC (once I finally get back from Scotland)! Reliability, cheapness-to-service and tunability is all on my list.
I can't wait to take it around the traps and people start asking whats in it.... If I can ever afford to do it.
Quicklier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post