Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
XR6 Hulk

Default What happens when you buy a Windsor V8??

I got rid of the Getz to the Mrs dismay. I picked up an immaculate 80,000km fairmont EL 5.0 Windsor V8 for about the same price.

I took it for a cruise and was coming down a hill when a copper runs out from behind a rock and pulls me in. you were doing 83km in a 60 zone. there were no signs, road was downhill, they were hidden under a rock, australia day....

Anyhow double demerit points so license gone. The only Windsor Ill be doing is Windsor Pilates.... the Mrs said if you would have kept the Getz....

Old 29-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
XR6 Hulk

I got an XR6 T 307rwkw and Windsor V8 in the driveway with no license (once I pay it). Shocking.

Just love the torque of the windsor, just as enjoyable to drive as the XR6T. Xr6T is heaps faster but just rolling around the Windsor is just awesome.
Old 29-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Wait, how could they be hidden under a rock?
If there were no signs, then take pics and appeal it...
Double demerits? are you in NSW? i thought you had 3 warning signs up there...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 29-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you were done speeding but it wasn't your fault? instead of blaming the car for being able to break the limit, and the coppers for doing the job they are paid for, own up to your actions.
Old 29-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
XR6 Hulk

there were no signs and about 20 cars got pulled in within 15 minutes. Its obvious people were confused by the speed, plus its downhill. they were hiding under a rock, have a look at my other thread, it has photos.
Old 29-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
adrianb

Who was driving? Surely the person with their right foot on the go pedal is in control of the speed of the car? Surely?
Old 29-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Another "it's not my fault" thread.

You were speeding,do your time and get over it.
Old 29-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you should have bought a cleveland
Old 29-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In QLD, in built up area's the speed limit is 50KM/H unless signed otherwise. There would be similar laws in most states, if there is no sign it doesn't mean there is no limit. Get one of those books kids read to prepare for their learners test, it should have all the details.
Old 29-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
In QLD, in built up area's the speed limit is 50KM/H unless signed otherwise. There would be similar laws in most states, if there is no sign it doesn't mean there is no limit. Get one of those books kids read to prepare for their learners test, it should have all the details.
its not like he was driving like the road signs were marked with a big black X... its what a 3 lane road and he did 80.. that speed is right for that road from the looks of it
Old 29-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #11
Casablanca
carburettor

yea i dunno bout this one i'm sorry to hear about the fine but there has to be some sort of sign somewhere along the road, and no even if it's three lanes doesn't necessarily mean you should be goiing faster, in mount gravatt (qld) there are three lanes and it's sixty along there. i think it's a case of don't bring it on the forums as you'll be shot down. you were still speeding unfortunately it was your mistake.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 29-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Wait, how could they be hidden under a rock?
If there were no signs, then take pics and appeal it...
Double demerits? are you in NSW? i thought you had 3 warning signs up there...
Fixed speed cameras have the signs before. Camera cars have the signs after, usually. If plod is pointing a laser at you, no signs just fines.
Old 29-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ramblings in one thread is enough!

You must have a record for the most threads started and closed, see the line... your crossing it
Closed Thread