Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

Default Tweedheads/Gold Coast/bris - quality panel beater/painters?

Hi, Ford Forum. Yes I am asking a big one I know.. Can anybody recomend in the Tweed/Coolie?Gold Coast/Brisbane area anybody that does show quality work? That is resonibliy quick. can communicate, and not to expensive?

I have been wainting for 6 months and now it's looking like another 4 months to get my Mustang Fastback in to be painted by who I prefer to use. As then it will be anoher 3 months ontop of that to finish the car. I'm looking around for options.

I have had two bad experiences in the past one costing 10g. So I know what not to go with, yet there must be other quailty panel shops around?

I find settling on quality panel beater/painters so hard...

smelly_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Tweedheads/Gold Coast/bris - quality panel beater/painters?

Bump shop eagle farm talk to les
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

DASH GT, thanx for the recomendation. There you go.. another I have never heard of.. why do say there good? how do you know of them? Do they do many older cars? As in baremetal jobs etc...
Old 20-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly_rubber
DASH GT, thanx for the recomendation. There you go.. another I have never heard of.. why do say there good? how do you know of them? Do they do many older cars? As in baremetal jobs etc...
Ive used them many times in the past, and yes they do a fair few older cars from the ground up.

The only sore point with them will be the price, they are not cheap but like most things you get what you pay for.

Good luck.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
au3steve
temp sensor

you could try MANDRAKES PAINT AND PANEL in cleveland, Redland city.

cant say about time frames ect but they have been around for over 20 yrs and have an excellent name round here.

the owners name is Lothar.
next is interior (fairmont i think)
au3steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

Sounds good, thanx mate... Sore point the price hey... are we talking under, or 10 - 20?
I have the engine bay painted and engine back in the car and dash/interior done. So have a budget for body, door jams and i'll be pulling the car down and build back up. Ha, wasn't that long ago a 10 thousand paint job was enough for a good baremetal job. now it's 15 - 20 these days.
Old 20-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

cheers au3steve, jotted them down and chase em up.
Old 20-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you want a good or quick job? If you want a Great job, go and see Rob at Logan Village Smash!
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Cúl-Báire

Colour Smart in Yatala did a great job on my father in law's GTP, Maybe give them a go... I would however steer clear of Southport Smash, bad experiences with both them and Youi Insurance.
Cúl-Báire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #10
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Another for Logan Village Smash repairs - Rob.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Another for Logan Village Smash repairs - Rob.

Yes they have a reputation for good work. They rebuilt and painted Eric Banner's "beast".
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

Nice, cheers. Quality work I am after.. Once I took my ZC Fairlane back 5 times as I was not happy with various things. I would not recomend Enterprise Smash and collision! in Tweedheads..

I'll ring these shops and just straight out tell them what I want and can they do the work for my budget. and how much work do they have on. As most shops take on resto work only to float them inbetween the bread and butter type of work (which is smash repairs). If they are busy and don't have the staff your car will just sit there in the dust.

Currumbin Paint and Panel are very good, yet have so much on I cann't get in there.

I am wondering what is the preception to pay for a show quality job? Not concorse or even show winning... just a decent (straight) show car paint job?

I have a 10g budget for the body and paint.. I'll pull the car down and back together. Engine bay and dash done... and engine is back in the car. I'm doing it the right way..
Old 21-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

Hi Pedro, I see you are from the Goldie. That is a pritty big tag for them. Eric Banners the 'Beast'. Anybody else local. What about Pristine Smash Repairs, in Brisbane Rd, Labrador?
Old 21-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

David @ colour smart was cool thanx Cúl-Báire. yet my budget of 10g to low. Also he has not done a classic/muscle car for a year and alittle reluctant I felt. Yet super helpful... Logan Village Smash Repairs my budget was to low and they a super busy.. Mandrake Paint and Panel are not doing classic/muscle cars anymore.. and the Bump shop have to get intouch with tommorrow. I am still open to recomedations. Thanx for all the links so far..
Old 21-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #15
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly_rubber
Hi Pedro, I see you are from the Goldie. That is a pritty big tag for them. Eric Banners the 'Beast'. Anybody else local. What about Pristine Smash Repairs, in Brisbane Rd, Labrador?

Can't help you with Pristine Smash mate.
Like your avatar.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
smelly_rubber
Starter Motor

Cheers. came from a mopar mate with a roadrunner, I cleaned it up. As I can do that kinda thing. He reckons in real world the mustang would end up in the flames.. I don't know of the front running gear of the cars in the Movie? and the drivers... yet you have to say that the mopar would have to be to heavy? and more prone to over steering?

Thanks all for your posts.. I may have to increase the budget, Or I will wait. ha, or increase my budget and move into the spare bedroom. thanx Fordforums