Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Default Incompetent Drivers

Well, here we go again.

Sunday just gone, we took the ZC Cruiser for a run - about an hour and a half each way.

Just out of town on a dual carriageway, there was a POS Sigma wagon in front of me and a Landcruiser in front of that - we were all in the right lane.

The Landcruiser pulled into the left lane and then some clown pulled out of a side road in front of him, causing him to perform a fairly serious braking maneuver to avoid piling into the back of the clown.

So what did the POS Sigma driver do?

Jammed on his brakes, even though our lane was empty for a kilometer ahead - UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Instead of gunning it to get past where the accident might be soon, this knobhead slows down to make sure that if there was a crash, we could all be involved...

So, on we went until, in the outskirts of Innisfail, there was a Toyota Tercel creeping along at 30km/h in the 80km/h zone.
Sitting behind it, when it's right hand indicator comes on, and it continues to creep along.
Next thing, the Tercel pulls completely off the LEFT side of the road, so I proceed to start to go past when this MEGA knobhead pulls STRAIGHT ACROSS IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!

Luckily, the XF brakes fitted to the ZC were up to the task and I skidded to a stop just short of T-Boning her.

When she had completed her U-Turn, she stopped and rolled her window down and looked over, smiling at me, I assume because I was stopped and had wound my window down - perhaps the F**K Knuckle thought I had stopped for a chat.

I gave her a wave with less than the usual number of fingers, explained to her in no uncertain terms what I thought of her and drove off - slightly shaken but otherwise OK.

These are the sort of drivers we see on current affairs shows horrified at the level of road rage out there....

People who demonstrate this level of prowess behind the wheel need to proceed to the nearest Police Station, hand their licence in and explain to the cops that they need to be put on the list of people who are just too F*****g stupid to hold a driver's licence....

ZC-Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

What? another cairns forum member?

tha hell?

I nearly got intentionally taken out by a silver r32 nissan skyline. Some ******** was showing off to his friends.... I was on my way to work, so instead of following him, I just called the cops.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
What? another cairns forum member?
Yep!!

Quote:
I nearly got intentionally taken out by a silver r32 nissan skyline. Some ******** was showing off to his friends.... I was on my way to work, so instead of following him, I just called the cops.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! - I was thinking, as I wrote that highly theraputic rant that, instead of venting on the ******** at Innisfail, I should have taken her number plate and reported it to the cops - probably nothing would happen tho' so I probably did OK.

Also, I think I know the flogmobile skyline you are talking about...

Going to the Swap Meet/Car Show this weekend??

what suburb you in?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
R0bb0
AUII XR8 220

Innisfail......That says it all
R0bb0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #5
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bb0
Innisfail......That says it all
Good old Innis-failure....

I should be a bit careful - we just bought a property at Mena Creek - we'll practically be Innisfail locals...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #6
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should come to Sydney we have thousands of them! Bloody mayham on our roads.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #7
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
One of the (dis)advantages of living in paradise is that we don't have to travel to NSW to see NSW plated cars doing crazy things - THEY COME HERE TO ANNOY AND ENDANGER US AT HOME :-)
Old 09-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #8
R0bb0
AUII XR8 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-Cruiser
Good old Innis-failure....

I should be a bit careful - we just bought a property at Mena Creek - we'll practically be Innisfail locals...

Watch out you don't grow a second head :evil3:
R0bb0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bb0
Watch out you don't grow a second head :evil3:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I'm from Darwin and my wife is from Jacobs Well - I think we have some sort of immunity to growing extra heads...

Average rainfall there is 3500mm per annum, so webbed feet will be the biggest worry I think...
Old 09-08-2005, 11:16 PM   #10
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

My friend classifies for this thread. I had the misfortune of being a passenger in her Echo on the weekend, and I lost count of the number of times she got honked for doing something stupid, or not looking. She doesn't pay attention to her driving, she won't listen when we try to point out things she does wrong.
I'm sure she thinks the mirrors are for checking your hair and make up in, and that the windows don't wind down, as she was constantly turning the aircon on and off.
She slows down to change lanes, and asks her passengers to check if it's ok to move left.
I had to point out 3 red lights she wasn't intending to stop for, and mention again when they had turned green.
I have no idea how she passed her driving test.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #11
myxr6
Banned

Jacobs well , nothing there when i lived there in 64/65.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #12
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
yeah me being a L plater get total disrespected a put into the "carnt drive for or drives slow" kind of group. so wot happens you ask well when lanes are merging and the polite and most fair way to do things is 1 for 1 but if your a L ppl have a attitude like " u aint gettin infront of me" and they either like to sit in my blind spot (very stupid thing to do when ppl are mergin) or speed up when i am actully mergin. this action has almost caused me a couple of aciddents but because i stay cool and in control i havnt (so far). plus i agree with wot other ppl have said, some ppl should just hand there licences in for god sake i drive better them

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:21 AM   #13
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine
yeah me being a L plater get total disrespected a put into the "carnt drive for or drives slow" kind of group. so wot happens you ask well when lanes are merging and the polite and most fair way to do things is 1 for 1 but if your a L ppl have a attitude like " u aint gettin infront of me" and they either like to sit in my blind spot (very stupid thing to do when ppl are mergin) or speed up when i am actully mergin. this action has almost caused me a couple of aciddents but because i stay cool and in control i havnt (so far). plus i agree with wot other ppl have said, some ppl should just hand there licences in for god sake i drive better them
Why is `sitting in your blind spot' stupid? You should do a head-check before you merge, and understand that most drivers are weary of learners. They could have five minutes or five years experience, but either way don't have a license yet.

It always amazes me when I see a woman at the helm of a Prado, Pajero, or other tank- I've only ever seen one that knew where her vehicle was in a carpark. Most zig-zag out of the carpark with 4 meters or so behind and in front of the vehicle...
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:25 AM   #14
Pik0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine

Good way to fix that mate is drive a landcruiser, when i was learning ive never seen people back off as fast and since ive had my lisense it doesnt happen as much, as in a small crash its them thats going to come out worse..
Coming Soon:
Lowering
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #15
gtfpv
GT

gotta remember you are in cairns . only about 50% of people over 14 have a licence there don't they . and isn't the safest vehicle there to drive besides a road train ; a 4 wheel drive.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:35 AM   #16
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
Why is `sitting in your blind spot' stupid?
Because it ****es me off. Although it's obviously not against the law, it should be avoided. The worst ones are the suicidals on motorbikes. I always do the mirrors and head check, but I'll be damned if those buggers don't take me by suprise sometimes.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:54 AM   #17
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik0
Good way to fix that mate is drive a landcruiser, when i was learning ive never seen people back off as fast and since ive had my lisense it doesnt happen as much, as in a small crash its them thats going to come out worse..
The Econovan had the same effect.. :

Seems people don't want to get in the way of a leaner piloting a large vehicle. People used to always let me in and such when I was driving the van. Not really in small cars though... even though they could easily see the L plates.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:10 AM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a pitty at least learners have an excuse for woeful driving. Licenced drivers should know better. Getting a licence is so easy that ive seen an obviously retarded guy (literally) driving a car. This guy couldnt focus his eyes anywhere they were all the place.

Its just a danger to the public. A lot of elder drivers shouldnt be driving. There is this guy who will (no BS) do half the speed limit or less, drive in the middle of the road, turn right from the left lane, and cut corners.

He has nearly cleaned me up so many times its not funny and this is just comming out of the street!! Oh and guess what-this is in F**KN PEAK HOUR TRAFFIC of all the times in the day.

Bloody women drivers in 4WDs s**t me to no end. Sorry ladies if its sexist to you but it is so common. Speeding in school zones in 4WDs with their own kids in the back. You would think that it would at least be a reason to slow down.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 10-08-2005 at 01:15 AM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:18 AM   #19
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

It's stupid because it `****es you off'? :P
Yea motorbikes can be insane, it's the ones that are all over the place that take 1/2 a second to go from the lane on your right to the lane on the left you checked and are about to change into.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 03:19 AM   #20
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sometimes you get people who consciously or unconsciously just sit in your blind spot - not far away enough to let you change lanes, but close enough to not be easily visible either. Sometimes you get tools who will sit in the right lane in your blind spot, while you are stuck behind a car in the left or vice versa. The guy in the right has 100m to the car in front of him and all you want to do is change lanes to make use of that clear road ahead, you speed up a little to squeeze into that gap and the guy next to you speeds up, you slow back down to let him pass as you think he's found the accelerator, but he slows down again, leaving you stuck. These knuckleheads can't drive to a fixed speed and unneccessarily hold up traffic. If I see a guy clearly moving quicker and coming up behind a slower car and alongside me in light traffic, I'll back off to give that guy room to get past both cars. It's inevitable you'll both be passed.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 07:13 AM   #21
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxr6
Jacobs well , nothing there when i lived there in 64/65.
You should see the joint now!
Huge residential development, new luxury stinkboat factory - all kinds of stuff going on.
This is Jacobswell, QLD we are talking about - between Brisbane and the Gold Coast - just near Dreamworld...
Old 10-08-2005, 07:21 AM   #22
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik0
Unfortunately, the large number of Toorak Tractors on the roads in town and the twits driving them are part of the problem rather than the solution.
But that is a whole different subject, probably already covered elswhere on the forums.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #23
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Sometimes you get people who consciously or unconsciously just sit in your blind spot - not far away enough to let you change lanes, but close enough to not be easily visible either. Sometimes you get tools who will sit in the right lane in your blind spot, while you are stuck behind a car in the left or vice versa. The guy in the right has 100m to the car in front of him and all you want to do is change lanes to make use of that clear road ahead, you speed up a little to squeeze into that gap and the guy next to you speeds up, you slow back down to let him pass as you think he's found the accelerator, but he slows down again, leaving you stuck. These knuckleheads can't drive to a fixed speed and unneccessarily hold up traffic. If I see a guy clearly moving quicker and coming up behind a slower car and alongside me in light traffic, I'll back off to give that guy room to get past both cars. It's inevitable you'll both be passed.
Hear, Hear!
Some of the driving you see is so bad that that the perpertrators couldn't do a better job of obstructing traffic and safe driving if they tried - it often makes me wonder if they are doing it deliberately...
Old 10-08-2005, 07:32 AM   #24
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Its a pitty at least learners have an excuse for woeful driving. Licenced drivers should know better. Getting a licence is so easy that ive seen an obviously retarded guy (literally) driving a car. This guy couldnt focus his eyes anywhere they were all the place.

Its just a danger to the public. A lot of elder drivers shouldnt be driving. There is this guy who will (no BS) do half the speed limit or less, drive in the middle of the road, turn right from the left lane, and cut corners.

He has nearly cleaned me up so many times its not funny and this is just comming out of the street!! Oh and guess what-this is in F**KN PEAK HOUR TRAFFIC of all the times in the day.
Then take note of his number plate and report him to the police - he's out there all the time, so the cops should have little trouble catching him at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Bloody women drivers in 4WDs s**t me to no end. Sorry ladies if its sexist to you but it is so common. Speeding in school zones in 4WDs with their own kids in the back. You would think that it would at least be a reason to slow down.
You would think so, but then that would require some logical thinking on their part - not bloody likely - they already bought a 2.5 tonne truck to ferry the billy lids to school, clearly logical thought is not one of their strong points...
Old 10-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #25
LTDHO
The one and only

(4 quotes in a row? )

As silly as it sounds if road users considered other drives then the road would be safer. Most aer out there to look after themselfs, they got their licence and it is their road!

I see bad driving everyday and it's results. It amazes me on how bad people will drive on a daily basis. But at the government or police is not going to do anything about it, then motor smashes will continue to happen as a result of bad drivers not accidents.

ZC - you were very lucky!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 07:54 AM   #26
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
(4 quotes in a row? )

As silly as it sounds if road users considered other drives then the road would be safer. Most aer out there to look after themselfs, they got their licence and it is their road!
Spot on!
I have recently done two road trips to Brisvegas - a total of about 8500km - and I was shown consideration by another driver EXACTLY TWICE!!!
Once by an Army driver in a Land Rover and once by a bus driver.
The rest of the time, when there were other cars around, was wall to wall pig-ignorance and downright dangerous behaviour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I see bad driving everyday and it's results. It amazes me on how bad people will drive on a daily basis. But at the government or police is not going to do anything about it, then motor smashes will continue to happen as a result of bad drivers not accidents.

ZC - you were very lucky!
Skillful more like it :-)
Old 10-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #27
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

The weekend drivers are the most dangerous... Considering the difference in the volume of traffic midweek to weekends, I am amazed the Sunday specialists don't kill themselves or someone else... They use public transport all week then go for a drive on the weekend... They can't merge, they have nfi how to read traffic, they brake on the approach for GREEN lights, change lanes without looking, panic stations when on a roundabout, the list of fundamental flaws is mind boggling.. It goes to show to me anyway, being competent and physically driving the car is one thing but awareness, understanding basic road rules, your observation and forward thinking, courtesy and consideration of other road users is paramount to being a safe driver.

Some people just don't drive enough in a diverse range of traffic conditions to be considered safe imho…

A prime example happened to me on Sunday just gone. In the space of 500mtrs he drifted into my lane when taking a right hand corner, I beeped him, he gave ME the bird.. He then proceeded to turn right from the far left lane across me as I was going straight thru the intersection, causing us to both come to a shreeching halt feet apart from a T bone.. He then gets out of the car loudly abusing me.. He gets to my passenger window and thumps his fist onto my windscreen.. I just put it in reverse and clipped his fat *** with my wing mirror. All this trauma when his 'wife' and kids were in the car even though he was in the wrong not once but twice! If I could of raised my adrelin levels to agro similiar to his I might of got out, he was wild with rage haha whereas I was just in mind numbing shock.. What a nice show to put on infront of your family...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #28
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-Cruiser
Yep!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! - I was thinking, as I wrote that highly theraputic rant that, instead of venting on the ******** at Innisfail, I should have taken her number plate and reported it to the cops - probably nothing would happen tho' so I probably did OK.

Also, I think I know the flogmobile skyline you are talking about...

Going to the Swap Meet/Car Show this weekend??

what suburb you in?

There's a car show / swap meet this weekend?? Whereabouts?

I'm in Manoora. You?

(I thought i had seen your car before!)
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #29
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

im not going to get involved in this one you'll be here for days with the stories i have, but all i will say is incompetent drivers deserve and will get road rage and if you a person that gets it.....F@#KIN WAKE UP TO YOURSELF

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 11:12 AM   #30
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
There's a car show / swap meet this weekend?? Whereabouts?
Showgrounds - Sunday - entry via Scott st - gates open 6am - $3 to get in

Quote:
I'm in Manoora. You?

(I thought i had seen your car before!)
HA!
Manoora - me too!