Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
AUIIForte

Default Warning Light (!)

Hello hello!

I just had a my front two brake pads and calipers changed, and had the brake fluid bled. The car, as I was driving it back home, was driving in tip top condition. No noises, really good brake power. But as I turn the engine on, there is a warning light that looks a bit like this: (!)

I know it has something to do with brakes, but I just had my brakes changed, and my fluid is almost at MAX. So I have no idea what it could be. Anybody able to give me some ideas or help me out?

It would be super appreciated!

Oh also, should I be driving it, or does this warning light mean I really shouldn't be? Thanks!

AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the (!) was the handbrake light?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Its checking the brake circuit along with the other warning lights that display before/during cranking over. Its nothing to worry about unless it stays on once the engines running.

(!) is the brake failure symbol, (P) is park brake.
Blue Ice is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
BlackLS

Did you happen to unplug an ABS sensor somewhere.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
AUIIForte

I don't have SBS.. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The brake fail sensor may have been set off while pumping the brake pedal after the new pads were fitted. Remove the sensor from the master cylinder, give the pedal a couple of hard pushes then refit the sensor.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

ive had a simular problem ... just had my ball joints replaced; and now when im driving the (ABS) light is on ... is this something to worry about?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #8
AUIIForte

Got the problem fixed, THANKS AUXRVIII!!!!