Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
The General
Starter Motor

Default Coming soon!

Pictures of what i think could well be the rarest XB-GT in australia.

the details..

Its black with silver trim

60,000km's

351 4/spd

One owner.

there are some other details which makes this car rare, however i dont want to identify the owner.

I saw it in a shed (Yep, classic car on a farm in a old shed story) about 6 yrs ago. Covered in dust,spider webs flat tyres etc..

I've been hassling the owner to get it out and clean it up ever since and he says he was thinking about getting it out soon. I'll take some pics and post them if he does.

As my sig suggests, i'm of the red brigade but not blind to what is a classic car.

The General is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

PICS PICS PICS : And welcome as this was your 1st post. (shame about your preference) LOL.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Big claim,I'll reserve my judgment untill I see some photos.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
Big claim,I'll reserve my judgment untill I see some photos.
Same here, thats why im calling for PICS PICS PICS
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some pics would be nice
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
Pictures of what i think could well be the rarest XB-GT in australia.

the details..

Its black with silver trim

60,000km's

351 4/spd

One owner.

there are some other details which makes this car rare, however i dont want to identify the owner.

I saw it in a shed (Yep, classic car on a farm in a old shed story) about 6 yrs ago. Covered in dust,spider webs flat tyres etc..

I've been hassling the owner to get it out and clean it up ever since and he says he was thinking about getting it out soon. I'll take some pics and post them if he does.

As my sig suggests, i'm of the red brigade but not blind to what is a classic car.
I think you're an infiltrator and come over here to tease us with this story and then go back to you Holden forum and brag about how you conned us.
:
Old 04-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
Jayden
Graphic Artist

6 years ago and its still a secret from all the ford know alls here? I think not.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:22 AM   #8
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I call BS, if i can see it, even in pics, i might believe you.
1 post wonder....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #9
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

could be one of 65 built in black time to put up or ##########

When i read COMING SOON ithought you might be a PREMATURE EJACULATOR

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

I think there are a few XB GT's that have very interesting build dates that would make them the rarest XB GT's ever made, but that is another story entirely.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #11
mowog
Discovery 4

It is one of the 2 cars with 1/4 windows?

What colour is the interior?
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #12
WASP
Whipple Induced

Welcome to the forum The General.

I have no idea where everyone's manners have gone, but if you have something to share we would be all interested. Any one owner, low km classic GT is rare regardless of model. Black/silver XB GT's were also special (and damn tough looking). Do you know if she's a 2V or an 4V? If 4V that will just about take the cake!

Colville
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #13
mowog
Discovery 4

There are 40 cars that match that (both hardtops and sedans) – black 4 speeds are rare, but there are 56 in total and 40 in 4 speed only. There are much rarer cars.

There are two that stand out – both have ¼ glass – they are the only black XB GT’s that do, one has white interior – the other parchment.
Lotus Trooper.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #14
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Welcome to the forum The General.

I have no idea where everyone's manners have gone, but if you have something to share we would be all interested. Any one owner, low km classic GT is rare regardless of model. Black/silver XB GT's were also special (and damn tough looking). Do you know if she's a 2V or an 4V? If 4V that will just about take the cake!

Colville
I for one, lost mine at about the 1000th vague story about some sort of GT. The mates, uncles gardeners neighbour that lives in an undisclosed state...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
The General
Starter Motor

Hi All

I understand some of your skepticism, but i can tell ya this car does exist. I probably posted this a bit too early cause with bathurst this weekend and other commitments the following sunday it may well be a few more weeks till it comes out.

Whats peoples opinions about a car just sitting in a shed for 10 to 15 yrs and not being started? would the engine,cooling system etc just rust? I have fears that when he does pull it out it would be ruined.

From memory the car has a white interior and a boot spoiler.

Like i said in my first post this car is rare however i know that too much info would be enough for those wanting this car to track it down.

I promise to post some pics as soon as i get them.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #16
mowog
Discovery 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
Hi All

I understand some of your skepticism, but i can tell ya this car does exist. I probably posted this a bit too early cause with bathurst this weekend and other commitments the following sunday it may well be a few more weeks till it comes out.

Whats peoples opinions about a car just sitting in a shed for 10 to 15 yrs and not being started? would the engine,cooling system etc just rust? I have fears that when he does pull it out it would be ruined.

From memory the car has a white interior and a boot spoiler.

Like i said in my first post this car is rare however i know that too much info would be enough for those wanting this car to track it down.

I promise to post some pics as soon as i get them.
So is it 10 or 15 years?

Either way it will need lots of work.

Does it have 1/4 windows. If it does it was brought from....

A Falconers Garage, Gatton, QLD JG33PB

If it doesnt have 1/4 windows it could be any of the others with the white interior.
Lotus Trooper.