Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
VladTepes

Default Dane Lewis - Why Worlds Greatest Shave is so important

Would you ever want your family featured in a notice like this?

Quote:
LEWIS, Dane Peter, late of Petrie.
Now at peace and in the arms of God.
Most loved and precious Son of Peter and Vicki, treasured Brother of Teagan. Loved by All.
It was Dane’s wish for all his Family and Friends to attend his Funeral Service which will be held at Our Lady of the Way Catholic Church, Armstrong Street, Petrie tomorrow, Tuesday at 10 a.m. the followed by a cortege to the … Cemetery.

The funeral and interment was followed by a celebration of Dane’s life held at his school, the assembly hall of which was packed to overflowing with his schoolmates, teachers, friends and family. It was a truly moving event and the loss was in everyone’s heart, but the joy of the time Dane had spent with all those people was very apparent.

As you can imagine, for an 8 year old to be considering his own funeral is very sobering, but also indicative of the bravery with which Dane faced every day. There were numerous marrow transplants from his sister Teagan, along with all the other painful and draining therapies inflicted by necessity on sufferers of cancer. Sadly all the effort and love was not enough to keep Dane with us and he went bravely on before his time.

Participating in (or sponsoring a participant in) The Worlds Greatest Shave gives YOU the opportunity to contribute to research into therapies which may eventually see an end to this cancer, but which at the very least will markedly increase the survival rate among victims.

I ask you to help in any way you can and remember that even a small contribution, given by many individuals, soon adds up to a large sum of money.

I'm participating in this years "Worlds Greatest Shave".

I've never shaved entirely bald before, mostly because I have a rough head, but I will do so---- for money !

Please visit
http://www.worldsgreatestshave.com/

And sponsor me: Michael Reed

I'm a member of the team "AHN Queensland"

Thank You.

Smile It confuses people.
VladTepes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Thornie
Off smelting

I'll be participating in the WGS this year and many to come, going to get get my work crew in on it (there's around 15 of us). My wife and i lost our daughter last year 2 weeks before her first birthday from acute myeloid leukaemia, i have always been a supporter of cancer support places but even more so after you have been affected by it.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
I'll be participating in the WGS this year and many to come, going to get get my work crew in on it (there's around 15 of us). My wife and i lost our daughter last year 2 weeks before her first birthday from acute myeloid leukaemia, i have always been a supporter of cancer support places but even more so after you have been affected by it.
Good on you Rattus.
My condolences to you and your family.
Old 21-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
Good on you Rattus.
My condolences to you and your family.
thanks mate.
It may seem like that we only play a small part but anything helps and if i can play a part in helping find a cure and to ease the burden on other families it's a big thumbs up from me.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
VladTepes

Damn straight !

Get sponsoring people.... you can make someone's life easier for the cost of some Valvoline..

You know what I mean.

Smile It confuses people.
VladTepes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post