Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
XY Chaser

Default My XY Chaser in National Motor Racing Museum at Bathurst

I was requested by the NSW Highway Patrol Command to exhibit my '71 XY ex (T code) Police car in conjunction with the Highway Patrol GT-R Spec at the National Motor Racing Museum at Bathurst over the next 3 months. Drove my car the 400kms to Bathurst yesterday (rained all the way). Both cars will exhibited side by side, the old with the new. Thought I would post a photo of it parked in the museum, it was still wet and dirty but I dressed it in it's period Police signs and lightbox so it looks the same as they did marked up in 1971. All the signage on my car is correct for the period. The museum was going to detail it and move the R Spec next to it today.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140925_115258.jpg (142.4 KB, 672 views)
XY Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My XY Chaser in National Motor Racing Museum at Bathurst

Very very nice.I will have a look in the flesh as I am off to the mount next weekend.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats great - love your car.
Looks fantastic
I recall seeing a XY ex-police vehicle for sale about 3 years ago online. Really took my interest but the price was up there ($50 / $55k from memory)
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Beautiful XY, will be great seeing it with the R spec.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

2024 Subaru Outback Touring XT

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it looks pristine mate, its a credit to you.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Looks amazing. Over 40 years old and still looks better than a new honda, toyota, mazda or holwoo. Come to think of it, human beings have forgotten how to make good music, good cars or good women. If last falcon were retro-styled instead of Ford global, it would have been a proper tribute and gone out with a bang. Someone build a time machine..

Last edited by malazn mafia; 26-09-2014 at 06:11 PM.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #8
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

I proudly have one of those 351 badges from a K code XY ute, that I purchased from a family friend (RIP John), for the princely sum of $2.00.
I bought the badge, not the ute, I was 14 at the time.., and the poor old ute had seen better days.

Ed
Old 27-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fantastic looking motor car, a real credit to you and having it in the museum for a while will allow other people to appreciate it in the flesh also come to think of it, see if you can get to Bathurst for the race and ask if you can do a few laps in the thing....then everyones eyes can well up no matter what make they cherish and we can ask ourselves "how did we ruin such a wonderful manufacturing industry"....
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #10
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
fantastic looking motor car, a real credit to you and having it in the museum for a while will allow other people to appreciate it in the flesh also come to think of it, see if you can get to Bathurst for the race and ask if you can do a few laps in the thing....then everyones eyes can well up no matter what make they cherish and we can ask ourselves "how did we ruin such a wonderful manufacturing industry"....
Sad times ahead just glad to be part of FOAs history.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #11
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it the original 351 2V with the 2 barrel carby and orange rocker covers with power by ford on them.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #12
XY Chaser

The car is a T code Falcon 500, Cleveland 4V same as the GT. It's all GT underneath, suspension, gearbox, limited slip diff and they were specially made for the Police. The number of K codes built far exceed these special build Police cars. There are parts on these T code cars that were not fitted to any other XY's. The number built are between 100 - 150 and most were naturally made into GT clones. Mine was a GT clone until it was returned to it's original configuration.
Old 28-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: My XY Chaser in National Motor Racing Museum at Bathurst

ive just realised I will be in Bathurst at the track itself early November as im a participant in the aussie muscle car run! its starting on 31/10/14 in Adelaide drives to Bathurst then goes back to Adelaide all in aid of raising funds for the leukaemia foundation. I will definitely be getting a close look at this old girl
Old 28-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #14
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XY Chaser View Post
The car is a T code Falcon 500, Cleveland 4V same as the GT. It's all GT underneath, suspension, gearbox, limited slip diff and they were specially made for the Police. The number of K codes built far exceed these special build Police cars. There are parts on these T code cars that were not fitted to any other XY's. The number built are between 100 - 150 and most were naturally made into GT clones. Mine was a GT clone until it was returned to it's original configuration.
Just by looking at the 351 badge I thought it was a Fairlane Badge and that's why I thought it was a 2V 351.

Did it come out with this 351 badge ? or just nothing when it was doing Police duty's.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #15
JKH260

Can you imagine what it was like to be hounded by this beast back then............
JKH260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #16
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKH260 View Post
Can you imagine what it was like to be hounded by this beast back then............
put it this way, if you were able to get away, you were either lucky or in something very special
Old 29-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #17
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know its old school when it pre-dates Cop Shop...by a decade. Did they do any work to those motors or was stock standard enough?
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #18
XY Chaser

It came with the badge fitted from the factory. Back in the day it wasn't unusual for the cars to be modified with extractors and holley carbies, especially the country cars. It was all unofficial and done by the local dealers as a favour to the local boys in blue. It was usually removed when the cars were replaced. Otherwise they were standard GT's although they were fitted with the heavier sway bars from the Phase 3 and heavy duty modified FMX gearboxes.