Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Default Shell's new economy formula

Found this article on the coles myer intranet site at work last night about Shell's new economy formuls fuel.

At Shell, we are committed to making better movement. And in order to make this happen we begin by studying you. That’s why we asked Shell customers what they wanted from a fuel. To which came the reply, “better fuel economy, at no extra cost”. In other words, more for your money. In response to this, Shell scientists set out to develop a new Fuel Economy Formula designed to take you further.

Shell’s Fuel Economy Formula wasn’t just something we thought of overnight. It is based on decades of research in which our scientists identified all the key areas where fuel can impact on the engine. Based on this knowledge, they developed a unique formulation designed to deliver just that – increased fuel economy. They then worked in further improvements to help enhance engine efficiency.

Shell’s new Fuel Economy Formula is designed to improve engine efficiency by reducing engine friction, and providing better engine cleanliness.

You’ll find the new Shell Fuel Economy Formula in Shell Unleaded, Shell Unleaded 95 and Shell Premium Unleaded at most Shell branded service stations nationally, including Coles Express.

To get the most from the new Fuel Economy Formula, we advise our customers to use it in combination with the Fuel Efficient Driving Tips on this website.

The fuel economy that any particular motorist achieves is also highly dependent upon driving style, weather conditions and the type and condition of their vehicle. Consequently, we do not claim any particular degree of improvement. Try new Shell Unleaded, Shell Unleaded 95 or Shell Premium Unleaded and judge for yourself.

for more info check out http://www.shell.com.au

ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
ETH02
Force Fed Fun

Lightbulb Seen

Saw the add for it at the shell servo last night. If you look closely there is a small disclaimer for it stating that the formula in Aus is different from the original named one. Wonder if it is as good as the original stuff?

Shockwave BA MKII Typhoon :sm_headba
ETH02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I wonder how much of an effect it really has in fuel economy. Does it really work? Or it is just marketing fluff?

I have a StarCard anyway. lol

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

As usual it sounds good but cause it's developed by a fuel company it make u wander if it really dose what it says and u got to driver like grandma to get the best results. : as if i would drive like that in an XR8
Old 13-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont care what fuel they develope, with all the fuel contamination cases we get at work, about 80% or more are from shell stations
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
act2617

Nothing realy new !

Harmful deposits on a valve

[A clean valve due to Fuel Ecomoy Formula]

The Fuel Economy Formula is designed to prevent the build up of these deposits.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...technical.html
act2617 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i dont think they will put too much effort into it, i mean, think about it. the more fuel you use the more you will visit and the more money the can throw in the money pit...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
chief
FTF Club Moderator

A fuel company making a more efficient (sp?) fuel. Meaning you buy less so the price would be more. Go figure. I just prefer to use PULP.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #9
dandaman

Anyone know if it contains ethanol?
dandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #10
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

IT would at best, just be an additional engine cleaning agent. Might help economy, but if you changed your driving habits as their site suggests, you may be lead into a false belief that the fuel is better. Its a clever campainge which will probably work well for them. Personally, for the resons stated abovem i dont believe any of it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #11
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

"The fuel economy that any particular motorist achieves is also highly dependent upon driving style, weather conditions and the type and condition of their vehicle. Consequently, we do not claim any particular degree of improvement."

So what they're saying is that it's bollocks? Naturally the way we drive will be the biggest variable in how much fuel we use and they expect that by changing our habits along with using their fuel we'll see a difference. I'll stick to what I'm doing already, thank you.
Old 14-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #12
Zephyr
Old rookie

I doubt a company would try and minimise there profit.

If it was better it would cost more!!
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #13
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i never use shell anyway its just a bunch of crap i beilive till a member on the forums comes up with a new thread with like "OMFG WOWW DIS THE " or something lmao i wont use it.
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #14
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
i never use shell anyway its just a bunch of crap i beilive till a member on the forums comes up with a new thread with like "OMFG WOWW DIS THE " or something lmao i wont use it.
Why doe I have to read your posts twice to under stand it??

Anyway, I have likes Shell. Not one car I have run it in has liked it either! I have tried 91, 95 and 98.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #15
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Sadly they'll make money out of it cause there those fools out there that will buy it