Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tint in Brisbane

Can anyone recommend a top tint shop in Brisbane that will do a good job?

Also what's the best dark tint to get, I want something as black as possible.

Any ideas?

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I've used tint mart at Geebung couple times.Do a good job.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have used Tint Mart as well for the last 3 cars
I have the black pearl tint on the Mercury Silver and it is quite dark and I am happy with it.
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
XR6Dan
Why??

I got my tint done at Danmac Ford at Darra, they were OK but I've had a better job done.

I got the 3M non-metallic tint ($399) which has a matte finish which made it look a little darker and blacker IMO.

XR6Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're willing to travel there's a guy down the Gold Coast who did mine in 28%VLT, so it looks nice and black without screaming 'illegal'. Place is called Serious Tinting, guy's name is John (07)5532-3808. I paid $285 with lifetime warranty. He's a good bloke and takes pride in his work, he's the only guy in Qld authorised by Porsche to do their official work.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #6
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Dan
I got my tint done at Danmac Ford at Darra, they were OK but I've had a better job done.

I got the 3M non-metallic tint ($399) which has a matte finish which made it look a little darker and blacker IMO.
good choice of film

if you are tinting a BA - BF or any car with the radio aerial mounted on the glass it is best to use a non- metal tint film because the metals in a lot of films can cause radio interferance.

the " 3M CS Black " is a carbon based film and has no metal or dyes ( dyes fade and change colour ) the carbon also gives a cleaner black appearance from the outside and a more natrural look from the inside with out the glare.

give " Cooltone Sun Control - Hendra , 07 3268 8444 " a call to find out who your nearest installer is. Cooltone are the 3M distributors for southern QLD.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 12:53 AM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have a mobile guy that comes to my work and does it on site... I can't remember the price off the top of my head but I am pretty sure it wasn't over $250...

PM me if you want any more info and I can find out for you..

(Oh and my work is northside)
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #8
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

I have also had my last 3cars done at Tint Mart at Geebung. They do a great job and are well priced. I sent OED666 there a few weeks back to have his done and he is also very happy with the result.
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #9
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i can recommend express tinting on Moss Street... on the southside in slacks creek

i've had 3 cars done there... and price and level of work is awesome..

i actually had a tiny bubble appear in one of the tints i got done about 9 months after i got it done.. i took it back to them.. and they didn't even ask for a receipt.. they just fixed it straight away.. very good to deal with...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
orsomxc
WAD05
Donating Member1

I use Premier Tint at Rocklea. The guys there took great care of my ol girl when removing the 27 year old tint from the original glass and did not make a single scratch. Absolutly awesome job at a decent price for what they had to do.
XC Fairmont Sedan - Cherry Black, Really Low, 17" Polished American Racing Hopsters, Original 250 X-Flow Block with alloy head. 30 thou over, ACL pistons, Crow cam, Redline manifold/350 holley, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, electronic ignition. Cream leather/suede XE ESP Front Buckets. Real nice cruiser :
orsomxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #11
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
i can recommend express tinting on Moss Street... on the southside in slacks creek

i've had 3 cars done there... and price and level of work is awesome..

i actually had a tiny bubble appear in one of the tints i got done about 9 months after i got it done.. i took it back to them.. and they didn't even ask for a receipt.. they just fixed it straight away.. very good to deal with...
Thanks guys.....I phoned Express Tint at Moss St to get a price on the 3M Carbon Black like the one on "XR6Dan's" car (looks very nice Dan).......they quoted $399, sounds OK but they are fully booked out on Saturday's until the end of February!!

I might have to have a day off work during the week to get it done.
I think at the end of the day all the dark tints look pretty good to me and they're all relatively going to do the job.........Iv'e been doing some research on the net the 3M films seems to consistantly get the good raps.........I guess it's the old saying.........."you pays ya money and you takes ya choice"
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #12
lukey039
Just a spectator

If you get the 3 M tint make sure you don't get the tint that has the 3m logo on it which you can only see from the inside out.My Vote Tint-Mart at Strathpine.The only place where someone as touched my car and I have not taken it back for stuff ups.Even took my custom parcel shelf off and re-fitted it without any dramas.